Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Derry City FC thread

Options
  • 22-12-2016 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,472 ✭✭✭

First 'home' match in Maginn Park on 5th March against Limerick :)

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,977 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I'll be there!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,472 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Derry beat Bohemians 4 - 1 this evening :) Next up, Limerick (who beat Sligo 5 - 1 this evening).

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Working at the election this Friday so hoping there's no recounts or any holdups and I can get away in time. Fridays just aren't the same during the pre-season.

irish_goat wrote: »
    Working at the election this Friday so hoping there's no recounts or any holdups and I can get away in time. Fridays just aren't the same during the pre-season.

What happened to the Sunday afternoon game idea? Was it a non-runner?

Well that was a bit of a disaster! Lights out after 25mins. Match rescheduled for Tuesday 21st.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Penfailed wrote: »
    What happened to the Sunday afternoon game idea? Was it a non-runner?

Still a runner. If you check the fixtures list you can see we switch to Sunday afternoons in July. http://www.derrycityfc.net/page/2017-fixtures-results.html

Who knows if they'll stick to that plan though...

Three wins on the trot :D Second in the table with a game in hand - great start to the season :)

Great night tonight in buncrana.

Stephen Kenny, your boys took a hell of a beating.

I'll get to my first match on Saturday. Bought my ticket this evening. I was told that the kids (eight and ten) are free but I'd assume I'd need to be in early for them to get a decent view?

That was enjoyable :D 4-0 :D The two boys are buzzing.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

A tragic loss. RIP Ryan

It's going to be emotional in Maginn Park on Friday night. I'm unable to attend :(

I was following the match on the radio and then online...sounded like Derry were all over Bray. Bit of a disaster to get beaten 3:2 with Bray scoring with the last kick of the game :(

Its a funny old game as someone once said.

Sometimes you lose games you should win and vice versa.

But there are a lot of positives to take out of this young Derry team.

Good to see another big crowd at Maginn. I think Derry City has gained quite a few Donegal/Inishowen based supporters this season.....will be interesting to see who they cheer for when Derry play Harps soon!

I tried to get a ticket for the Finn Harps match this evening...sold out! :(

Oh dear...

A shockingly poor performance by Derry v Harps. Worst I have seen them play under this current manager.

But fair play to Harps, they did what they had to do to win. Some decent players, and definitely a more complete team than they have had in recent years.

I was sure they'd come away with a victory from Pats :( They did well to draw even twice. It sounded like a great game (I was listening on Foyle).

So at the mid season break, 3rd position.

Very encouraging considering what the club and the players have had to go through this season.

Onwards and upwards.

• Advertisement

Beaten 6-1 by FC Midtjylland in the first leg :(

Plenty of effort but they were a different class to us.

They'll score 4 or 5 next week too.

Penfailed wrote: »
    Beaten 6-1 by FC Midtjylland in the first leg :(
    NIMAN wrote: »
    Plenty of effort but they were a different class to us.

They'll score 4 or 5 next week too.

You called it...10-2 on aggregate. Outclassed.

I've a ticket for tomorrow afternoon against Limerick.

Enjoyable :D 3-0 to City. The ref was a bit too handy with the yellow card a couple of times but great result.

2-0 against Shamrock Rovers! Great stuff. I've just watched the two goals on Twitter - class long range shot from McNamee!

A big 3 pts.

Watched it live on Eir Sports, did you know it was on?

Kenny Shiels doing a great job this year.

Watched it live on Eir Sports, did you know it was on?

Is that a Sky channel? Don't have Sky. I was listening on Radio Foyle :)

I don't have sky myself!

I think it used to be setanta.

I don't have sky myself!

I think it used to be setanta.

Ah, okay. I don't have that either. Eir's Twitter feed was putting up highlights shortly after they happened :)

• Advertisement

I don't have setanta either!

I watched it via iptv

Advertisement