Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Unfinished build, the nurseries, mulhuddart.

• 13-12-2017 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭

Has anyone any idea what the delay is in finishing the detached house at the top of ladyswell road, the nurseries?

It's seems to have been left as a shell for over 5 years now, absolute eyesore.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

I reckon whoever was building it ran out of money tbh. It looked like such a lovely house too. Has it been five years since they started building?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

There was a bit of activity after the first period of downtime and it looked like it was going to be completed second time around but nothing since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Yeah hasn't been touched in close to a year now I think. Always seemed to be only one or two people working on it

• Registered Users Posts: 17,962 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Reckon it's council or privately owned? Always wondered about it too while going up to the Cemetery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

Definitely privately owned, I'd say the above comment about running out of funds is close to the mark, just so out of place seeing an abandoned build in Dublin 15.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Jovi

It is an absolute eyesore and is becoming a dumping ground for rubbish, I live on the estate and wondered who to contact about it as builders haven't gone near it in a very longtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Jovi wrote: »
    It is an absolute eyesore and is becoming a dumping ground for rubbish, I live on the estate and wondered who to contact about it as builders haven't gone near it in a very longtime.

Contact your local Councillor and request them to contact both the Planning Official for the site and also Building Control at FCC. Requesting a update on the site and copy of correspondence between FCC and the Owner’s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

Be nice to get it at a steal and get it completed. A nice investment maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Shadow22

Nothing be happening with it now..was set alight Tuesday night..extensive damage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭AlanG

A lot of rubble has now been cleared and there were builders in there last Friday evening working. They had a fire going that was spewing out a lot of black smoke so I'm not sure they are fully above board given that I haven't seen that type of smoke from a site in years.

• Advertisement
Advertisement