Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ökofen vs. fröling

• 17-02-2008 5:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hello!

I am writing from Spain, the north of it, where I live. I am interested in installing a pellet boiler as heating system (also for water supply) in my house, whose construction will begin soon (180 m2 in two floors). Unfortunately it´s very difficult for me to get information about good pellet-boilers in my country.

Well, I know that Austrian pellet-boiler manufacturers are very well considered in all Europe, i.e. Ökofen and Fröling. Actually I am interested in either of these models, but I can’t make up my mind. As a matter of fact their prices are quite different in Spain, although they are considered pretty as the same level. Here the prices in Spain of both of them:

ÖKOFEN PE 25 kw: 7.876 €

FRÖLING P2 25 kw: 12.216 €

These prices don’t include vat, and refer only to the nude boiler, without accessories and so on.

As you see, Fröling PE is considerably more expensive than Ökofen P2, at least in Spain. Does this price difference mean a significant quality gap between them? Maybe the importing rates are different for both of them. Are they really equivalent? Do they cost pretty much the same in Ireland? What do you advise me, considering quality-price relation between both of them?

Tapadh leibh!

Advertisement