Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

college nerves

• 13-09-2013 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Im moving away for college in 2 weeks its myy first time moving away from home and I've never felt so miserable inn my life! II suffer from anxiety already and am hoping things will get easier! Any advice or experience would be appreciated! Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭aoifemcg94

Hey I'm the exact same ! First one to move away from home, it's so daunting, but I think of it as, we're all in the exact same boat, it's a fresh start for us! :) no one has an advantage over some one else ! :) don't worry about it because we are going to meet some great people and have mighty craic ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Talk to your lecturers, the health unit/nurse etc. Contact the college and they will do all they can to help. Don't stay quiet talk to people who can help and are in the position to help you.
    Don't worry too much about things.
    Im on my 2nd time in college. And like you OP I suffer(ed) from nerves/anxiety which adversely affected my studies but I know now what I didn't then and am prepared much more now.
    The key is to get involved and don't let yourself get isolated. Look to the clubs and societies you are interested in and participate

Advertisement