Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

'The Rise of Conor McGregor' MTV.co.uk documentary

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

El Guapo! wrote: »
    Twitter went crazy when he was interviewed by Ariel Helwani. The whole worldwide mma community is looking forward to seeing him fight in the UFC. A few expletives won't hold him back one bit.

Just watched that, great interview! Really looking forward to his fight now and lucky for me it's a free facebook fight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 381 ✭✭manga_10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Be like Nutella

'can you see the footprint on that wall?' haha love it

This page breaks down the match up quite well.

http://www.fightbetnetwork.com/fights/1153/marcus-brimage-vs-conor-mcgregor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭ Khloe Dry Popover

Thank you Manga, that was brilliant and very inspiring.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭SevereMMA

Sarcasm?

• Advertisement

SevereMMA wrote: »
    Sarcasm?

haha no not really I think they're filling it in as we speak - I meant all the fights are there on a split calendar for both guys, the clips are there from their respective fights and other media, articles etc... It's a good one page system to weigh up the two guys. Much more there than on Sherdog for instance. It's an automatic system, just pulls info on to one page, it's not bespoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,000 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

haha no not really I think they're filling it in as we speak - I meant all the fights are there on a split calendar for both guys, the clips are there from their respective fights and other media, articles etc... It's a good one page system to weigh up the two guys. Much more there than on Sherdog for instance. It's an automatic system, just pulls info on to one page, it's not bespoke.

The first few lines are awful, weight, height, reach etc. so I thought you were taking the puss a bit but when I kept scrolling. The fight record part was quite good.

You could tweek that system and make it pretty good actually - everything you'd want about a fight all pulled into one scrollable page, semantic web kinda thing.... anyway whatever they should fill in the spaces and put a pic up and do an analysis.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,186 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

• Registered Users Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Before this, I only really wanted him to succeed because he was Irish, but after seeing the interview, I genuinely want to see him win because he seems like a top guy

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 182 ✭✭magicherbs

classic dublin gurrier

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭reganreggie

magicherbs wrote: »
    classic dublin gurrier

Everytime I see you have posted I expect Trolling and you never disappoint.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

classic dublin gurrier

Classic arsehole. I bet you wouldn't say 'Boo!' to a fly but get up on the internet and you're full of smart assed, snarky arseholery.

Wouldn't say boo to mcgregor he's a class fighter , still quality gurriers head on him, sure he said in his videos he has a mottled past

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

And that told you it was ok to call him a gurrier?

Way to back track.

Don't need anyone's permission

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭EnjoyChoke

Don't need anyone's permission

You come across as a stocking of sh!te every time you post.

**** sorry lads will leave it out henceforth didn't mean to come across as a begrudger war mcgregor

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

post on this thread again Magic herbs and i will permanently ban you.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Saw his interview with Ariel Helwani, Gas man :D

Good to see some Irish fighters get rec. Let's hope he can live up to his words.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Really enjoyed that. I remember that i seen him fight at the first Fight before Christmas. Needless to say he won by TKO in the first round. John Kavanagh with some pretty inspiring words too.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭UncleChael

Tom.D.BJJ wrote: »
    I remember that i seen him fight at the first Fight before Christmas. Needless to say he won by TKO in the first round.

I remember that fight, was very impressive, Steve Bailey was one of the best lightweights in the country at the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

Brimage not really up to much on this front.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Xlami wrote: »

Brimage not really up to much on this front.

Quick fix

McGregor won't take him lightly, needs to respect this guys stocky power but with good lateral movement and changing directions and switchin stances and fakes and all that crazy ninja sh1t McGregor does - he can/will beat him. After hearin him Brimage talk about the 'sweet spot' I hope McGregor shin kicks him - boom! and I jump all over me livin room.. why is the calender movin so slow somebody speed it up there...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

ive classed myself as a fairly clued up MMA fan since the the UFC first came over to these shores. (UFC 38). I even then saved up and went over to Vegas for the first Ortiz and Liddell fight.

i had attended them mickey mouse "bushido" shows (remember the one where BJ Penn attended???) both in the point and the boxing stadium.

But for some unforseen reason Conor Mcgregor has escaped my wandering eye until just Friday. I truly never heard if him :eek:. I had a certain snobbery regarding the cagewarriors events that where held here. "full of scummers" i thought, "stacked with washed up crap fighters" i said. But because of out right douchery, a genuine irish prospect slipped under my radar.

after reading about Conor, ive gone on a youtubeathon of everything "Conor Mcgregor". I dont know about you lads, but he doesnt come across as a scumbag or gurrier to me. Ok, a tough ****er, he has a proper Dublin brogue. But why should that equate to being a gurrier?

i found him in interviews nothing but inspiring actually. He seems to have a fairly good view of whats going on, he's no mug, and i wouldnt take his working class accent as a sign of a lack of intelligence. in fact, i find it quite insulting that people would think that

i cant wait for his UFC debut now, it'll be a steak and beers in my house hold come April 6th

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

ive classed myself as a fairly clued up MMA fan since the the UFC first came over to these shores. (UFC 38). I even then saved up and went over to Vegas for the first Ortiz and Liddell fight.

i had attended them mickey mouse "bushido" shows (remember the one where BJ Penn attended???) both in the point and the boxing stadium.

But for some unforseen reason Conor Mcgregor has escaped my wandering eye until just Friday. I truly never heard if him :eek:. I had a certain snobbery regarding the cagewarriors events that where held here. "full of scummers" i thought, "stacked with washed up crap fighters" i said. But because of out right douchery, a genuine irish prospect slipped under my radar.

after reading about Conor, ive gone on a youtubeathon of everything "Conor Mcgregor". I dont know about you lads, but he doesnt come across as a scumbag or gurrier to me. Ok, a tough ****er, he has a proper Dublin brogue. But why should that equate to being a gurrier?

i found him in interviews nothing but inspiring actually. He seems to have a fairly good view of whats going on, he's no mug, and i wouldnt take his working class accent as a sign of a lack of intelligence. in fact, i find it quite insulting that people would think that

i cant wait for his UFC debut now, it'll be a steak and beers in my house hold come April 6th

Well since you missed out on seeing Conor at local shows, I'd highly recommend you go along to local shows from now on. They're not full of "scummers" as you say. You'll be guaranteed to have a great night and you'll get to see some more of the fantastic talent and home-grown prospects at these shows.
    You won't be disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

El Guapo! wrote: »
    Well since you missed out on seeing Conor at local shows, I'd highly recommend you go along to local shows from now on. They're not full of "scummers" as you say. You'll be guaranteed to have a great night and you'll get to see some more of the fantastic talent and home-grown prospects at these shows.
    You won't be disappointed.

too true Guapo.

im living in Tallaght myself, and have seen posters around the place for different events that where in the basketball arena. Ill be honest. I hated the advertising campaign and style of these posters, it always seemed geared towards attracting, as i said, scummer. A real "two men enter, one man leaves" kind of scenario. I dont like seeing MMA marketed that way, as the sport is a lot more refined than that imo

As a matter of interest, where exactly is Conor from in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭IanMc666

too true Guapo.

im living in Tallaght myself, and have seen posters around the place for different events that where in the basketball arena. Ill be honest. I hated the advertising campaign and style of these posters, it always seemed geared towards attracting, as i said, scummer. A real "two men enter, one man leaves" kind of scenario. I dont like seeing MMA marketed that way, as the sport is a lot more refined than that imo

As a matter of interest, where exactly is Conor from in Dublin?

Think he's from Crumlin or near there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,000 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

IanMc666 wrote: »

Think he's from Crumlin or near there?
    Yeah pretty much. He mentioned Drimnagh on the MMA Hour iirc

Advertisement