Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Risk of very warm and sunny weather next week

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Pangea wrote: »
    What constitutes very warm? 24c?

Here's the Oct records for ME stations
    http://www.met.ie/climate-ireland/extreme_maxtemps.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

Harps wrote: »
    Well considering its October next week i'd say anything above 20C can be considered very warm!

The charts are too good to believe at the moment, probably cloud and some light rain on the west coast but most of the country is looking at at least a week of warm, dry and settled weather

bit hard to see it happenin , but ill believe it when i see it !!! thats if i see it , lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Jpmarn wrote: »
    24 or 25C will be record breaking temperatures for late September and early October.

25.2C is the record for October. You will need higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭John.Icy

6one forecast has most of this week like most of my summer so far...temps just hitting 20c, rain and cloud about, mostly in the west.....

Is the weekend looking better?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Such a pity we've not seen this set-up in summer proper since 06'. If we got this airflow in July you'd be talkin about temps approaching 30C in the midlands and parts of the West!!:eek::cool:

• Advertisement

John.Icy wrote: »
    6one forecast has most of this week like most of my summer so far...temps just hitting 20c, rain and cloud about, mostly in the west.....

Is the weekend looking better?

Probably the same for the east but better in the west. Still early days yet though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Better chance of sunny skies in the south/east I'd have thought.

example images for rain (live so will change)
    Rtavn904.png

Rtavn1624.png

Recm1681.gif

Yes please.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭mann

I been reading with interest the weather threads on here for some time and I have to say you guys seem to know your stuff,

Your predictions have helped me to plan many a trip out to sea - I do a lot of inshore fishing from a small boat, while the boat I have can handle much more than I feel comfortable with, force 5 to 6 would be the boats limit in my book but this makes for pretty uncomfortable fishing so I stick to a limit of force 3 as anything more makes my drifts over my favourite marks way too fast,

I have been trying to find a site that would be able to give me a long range forecast for the wind along the west coast,

Reason being is I need to get out another couple of times before I bring the boat back from the coast, can anyone please tell me if the wind drops down enough for me to get out for a couple of days within the next couple of weeks,

In anticipation of your help I thank you,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Well, as you can probably see from this thread, the weather's set to improve markedly over the coming week so there should be plenty of opertunities. Could be quite windy in the south at times but overall it'll be nice and settled. Despite growing up in a fishing village I know nothing about it so can't give you any definite info but from Thursday onwards should be warm and settled!

As for a website, weatheronline.co.uk is probably the most detailed around. Not sure where you are so just click on your part of the country and it gives you a legend at the bottom as to what the symbols mean. Click +24 along the top for future forecasts

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/sail.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭mann

Thank you Harps,

Just been on that site and as you said from Thursday it starts to look right for me.. Also checked out a site that tells me how big the swells are going to be and they too look good from Friday on to Monday so I have to tell you that you saved me from going to Doonbeg tomorrow to bring the boat home,

Apologies for jumping in on your thread folks but I tried a few places for this info and had no joy but now if the winds don’t change it looks like I will be having a very long weekend of fishing :D

Thanks again Harps for taking the time to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Just watched the weather on Sky News and it has Thursday as dull and cloudy for most of the country with showers as far in as the midlands but as at 20c.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭piskins72

Lucreto wrote: »
    Just watched the weather on Sky News and it has Thursday as dull and cloudy for most of the country with showers as far in as the midlands but as at 20c.

as did Met Eireann's one just on now, no major temps predicted on that and rain on friday

Yeah, it's looks like a fairly manky high according to forecasts....my already wild predicition of 28c at Oakpark has no chance! :D

Ireland - where high pressure goes to die

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

mike65 wrote: »

Except in winter when it hangs around bringing cold and freezing fog without snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

so, put away the summer gear??:(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

BBC have 19-23C for Dublin between now and Saturday and 16-18C for rest of the country. I reckon for most of us it will be around 18-20C, a few lucky spots may see 21C which is as good as anything we saw between May and September.

It was meant to build westward with ease. It eventually goes that way still in the models but not before letting little shallow lows form west and south-west of Ireland and hooking up with more mature lows to the north of us dragging them over us. Still hold out some hope for the far east of the country.

The suspect for Thursday/Friday disappointment out west and maybe even further east.
    spoilerendsep11.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I had a feeling this woulnd't be as good as everybody was sayin - for the majority of the country anyway. Although it is extremely humid at night for the last few nights, very annoying!!

I'd say most of us will get around the 21/22 degree mark, which isn't bad at all;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

We're almost in October, and after several false dawns this summer,did you really expect it to materialise the way the media portrayed it? :rolleyes: Anything around 20c is very good for this time of year,so not all bad I suppose.

Roll on crisp autumnal days, I have a feeling this will be a severe winter again though,maybe later in the year i.e Jan/Feb than last year...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

We're almost in October, and after several false dawns this summer,did you really expect it to materialise the way the media portrayed it? :rolleyes: Anything around 20c is very good for this time of year,so not all bad I suppose.

Roll on crisp autumnal days, I have a feeling this will be a severe winter again though,maybe later in the year i.e Jan/Feb than last year...

Have to agree, after that "summer", it just being a bit sunny and not constantly raining for a few days is a welcome relief...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Have to agree, after that "summer", it just being a bit sunny and not constantly raining for a few days is a welcome relief...
    Are you in Dublin? (Montpelier Hill?)
    February is the only month that saw above average rainfall in the Dublin area, June was about average and the rest were all below normal. When is the last time I saw a decent fall of 1 inch or 25mm? - probably last February. At this stage I'm very surprised that there are no water restrictions in the Capital especially after the burst pipes of last winter.

Overcast with damp in the air. :mad: I said this would amount to nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Beautiful day in Drumcondra! :cool:

Overcast with damp in the air. :mad: I said this would amount to nothing.

Maybe Thursday will be better in Waterford :o

Seems to be when the breeze will be at it's lowest. But instability from the south will probably put pay to it come Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭Speak Now

The high is just a tad too far east of us, England and Wales doing very well out of it.

[URL="javascript: viewimage(1);"]ukmaxtemp.png[/URL]

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I still think its too far away to call though.

And I was right :P Charts were too far away to predict such solid weather state, especially for a country like ourselves. Tomorrow and Thursday look the best days before we get a potentially VERY wet weekend, but again the charts will change before the weekend and we might just get a splash :P

Forecast ahead of that looks slightly more settled but lower temperatures than we'll get this week. It's a pity really, we deserve some good weather. I hope we get some epic snowstorm in light of mother nature not providing us any summer weather.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Well, we in Ireland were always going to at the edge of this H but seemingly we are on the shearing edge, dammit just our luck.

I listen to the marine radio a lot and they were forecasting poor weather with gale force 6 for the last few days.

I wouldn't a but of rain, what we've got has not been too beneficial ~ plenty of dampness with little rain.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement