Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

"Don't Be Scared Homie" Miller Vs Diaz in the works?

Options
  • 13-10-2010 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

So i'm pretty sure a few of yous heard about the scuffle backstage between diaz and Miller after Strikeforce at the weekend.Coker has said that a grudge match isn't out of the question.I don't know about you but i would absolutely love to see this fight. What do you think? and who do you think would win? My opinion would be miller i could see him giving Diaz a beatdown.

How it all started...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj7gAmDLH-4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Well he definately ain't fighting Jake Shields now eh? :)

Miller is a fun guy and i'd love to be able to support him... but he's simply not an A class fighter.

He's not even a B class fighter!

Diaz, IMO, is very close to being an A class fighter (although he needs to take on the best to become an A class fighter) and Diaz would and will handle Miller easily! Better BJJ, better Boxing.... better everything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

Size matters people. Diaz is a good fighter, but is very particular about the weight he fights at. Its because of him that strikeforce setup their 165lbs division. he was too big for 155, but a smallish 170lbs. While he has fought at 185lbs before, it hasnt been against top level talent. Miller at 185 could prove a difficult opponent for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭oneillryano

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Well he definately ain't fighting Jake Shields now eh? :)

Miller is a fun guy and i'd love to be able to support him... but he's simply not an A class fighter.

He's not even a B class fighter!

Diaz, IMO, is very close to being an A class fighter (although he needs to take on the best to become an A class fighter) and Diaz would and will handle Miller easily! Better BJJ, better Boxing.... better everything!
    i don't know how you can say Miller is not even a B class fighter? he's gone 5 rounds with both Shields and GSP, and had has some pretty impresive wins, including one of his most recent over Sakuraba at DREAM16. so to say hes not even B class is unfair. another thing Diaz is good but at a catchweight i could see miller stopping him. Don't get me wrong it could go either way but there's no way Diaz would dominate Miller.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Would love to see this fight. Miller is a tough bastard and doesn't give up easy. Diaz is the better technical fighter but would love to see his face get mushed!

Anyway, this all depends if Diaz agrees to a catchweight and why would he when he is sitting comfortably with the belt.

Miller needs to focus on his mma career. Really don't wanna see another Mir Lesnar obsession case

Vid below of Miller beating the sh*t outta Diaz

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Would love to see this fight. Miller is a tough bastard and doesn't give up easy. Diaz is the better technical fighter but would love to see his face get mushed!

Anyway, this all depends if Diaz agrees to a catchweight and why would he when he is sitting comfortably with the belt.

Miller needs to focus on his mma career. Really don't wanna see another Mir Lesnar obsession case

Vid below of Miller beating the sh*t outta Diaz

yeah i agree, i think miller needs to concentrate more on himself and not rivalries. All the same though, id pay for the ppv of this if there ever was a fight. MILLER for the win

• Advertisement

i don't know how you can say Miller is not even a B class fighter? he's gone 5 rounds with both Shields and GSP, and had has some pretty impresive wins, including one of his most recent over Sakuraba at DREAM16. so to say hes not even B class is unfair. another thing Diaz is good but at a catchweight i could see miller stopping him. Don't get me wrong it could go either way but there's no way Diaz would dominate Miller.

Hold on, since when does beating Sakuraba make you an A fighter?

Not in 2010 my friend! Also, going 5 rounds with Jake Shields and losing doesn't make you an A class fighter. Neither does going THREE rounds with GSP and losing a one sided decision 5 years ago!

Beating Shields and GSP, that would make you an A fighter! He's NOWHERE near the Top 10 in this weightclass and i'd have him barely scraping into the Top 20!

As much as i like Miller, he's definately no A fighter!

Hold on, since when does beating Sakuraba make you an A fighter?

Not in 2010 my friend! Also, going 5 rounds with Jake Shields and losing doesn't make you an A class fighter. Neither does going THREE rounds with GSP and losing a one sided decision 5 years ago!

Beating Shields and GSP, that would make you an A fighter! He's NOWHERE near the Top 10 in this weightclass and i'd have him barely scraping into the Top 20!

I never said he was an A fighter...

I never said he was an A fighter...

sorry, you're right!

However, i still believe he's not even in that B class.

sorry, you're right!

However, i still believe he's not even in that B class.
    i don't know. I think hes B class at least. Maybe it's just me but i find the guy funny. You clearly have a dislike for him with that previous reply anyways lol The main point is I want to see him and Diaz go at it!

i don't know. I think hes B class at least. Maybe it's just me but i find the guy funny. You clearly have a dislike for him with that previous reply anyways lol The main point is I want to see him and Diaz go at it!

:confused:

• Advertisement

:confused:
    apologies, but looking at your previous reply, i got the sense you didnt like him

apologies, but looking at your previous reply, i got the sense you didnt like him

I really like him. The guy is hilarious and i cheer him on in almost every fight i see him involved in.

But he's never beating a Top 5 MW or WW IMO!

I really like him. The guy is hilarious and i cheer him on in almost every fight i see him involved in.

But he's never beating a Top 5 MW or WW IMO!
    i would love if he did. especially against Diaz. would be nice to see

i would love if he did. especially against Diaz. would be nice to see

Diaz is a strange one for me too.

Part of me hates him because he's a bully. he all knew people like him at school.

But he's really talented and he speaks his mind. I like that! Also, he always shows respect AFTER the fight so maybe it's just a confidence thing with him?

I'd love to see how he's match up with the top UFC guys these days

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

I really hate Mauro Ranallo. Complete clown... it is just cringe watching him.

It would be an interesting fight and it would make sense for Strikeforce to book it.

I really hate Mauro Ranallo. Complete clown... it is just cringe watching him.

+1

Advertisement