Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burma Shade

Comments

• Out of interest... Has anyone listened to our stuff yet? I'd like to know opinions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭DiamondJQuimby

Love the Second Song up there Monster I think it is..

But I think there was something missing from this. I was expecting a sort of Doubling in the Drum beat during the chorus but it never came. Or else it did and I couldn't hear it the drums seem a bit to distant in the mix also.

Great Guitar riff in this one also.

The other two songs are good singer has a great voice.

Nice sound from the guitars.

Drums sound good too.

I think the bass is possibly too loud in the first Song.

Otherwise I think it is really well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Baggio

Hey Papa,
    ...interesting little batch of tunes there...sounds very pro to me very well done and recorded. Where did ya's do it? your singer is a superb singer!...where the hell did ya get her?...umm can I borrow her? :) She can do anything with that voice i think for sure.
    Good luk with the band drumming is tasty to,,,who is yer stix man/woman??

ciao' amigo...Baggio.............

• Thanks Baggio, we recorded with Peter Sklansky and Ciaran in Creamy Sonic Studios. The singer, one guitarist and drummer (Gavan Murray) were remnants of Tailor Made Project. No you can't borrow her :P

Diamond Quimby thanks for the criticism. All (good and bad!) is welcome.
    We did put the drums down a bit in the mix of the chorus of "Monster" as there wasn't a great noise off the cymbals. And the reason the bass is so high (probably my fault:)) is the song was written with the bass as the main instrument in that song, like an old jazz tune. We might get another mix done as we got the project files from Peter. (thx!)

So thanks for your comments and I will reply to all!!!

No No..

The Songs are very good.

Keep them coming..

Have ye any gigs lined up.

D

• Advertisement

• We're still writing a full set at the moment. We'll be playing when we get to 12 songs. And I'll have a boardsie discount at the gig! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

You b*stard, that was my idea! :) And I repay you by inadvertantly bumping your thread!

Must do a gig again sometime soon. We're going into the studio on Thursday for 4 days, but will be planning more gigs after all that's done.

• Thats good to hear man. Did you check out the songs yet? We'll be back gigging in a month or so. One of the guitarists is in Spain for a week. So rehearsal is all vocal at the mo. I'll be doing backing for the next gig! I HAVE GOT to put away my Goth collection! lol

Wait til you hear it!

Excellent. I plan to jeer as much as humanly possible.

Listened to Butterfly and Monster. Will listen to Push when I've more free time (i.e. tomorrow, when I'm not rushing for a bus!). Butterfly would be my preferred choice of the two, but they're both great. Quality of recording is fantastic too.

For the record, I'd have to disagree with Diamond Joe: I don't think the bass is too loud in Butterfly (Ooooh! Fight fight fight!) ;)

deathfunk wrote:

For the record, I'd have to disagree with Diamond Joe: I don't think the bass is too loud in Butterfly (Ooooh! Fight fight fight!) ;)

Don't you know guitar players always complain about the other instruments being too loud..
    Taking their Mojo away and all that.. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Holy crap, I love Push!!!!!
    Keep up the good work! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Floyd Soul

Man this is great stuff. It's so chill out from the singers moan to the guitarwork. Ye gotta get gigging. I'm gonna request ye as a friend on Myspace. Check out my stuff too.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Flynn

Just listening to first song now.. really reminds me of Gomez... anyone ever tell ye that? great stuff...

• Thanks for all the great comments. Keep them coming!!! Update: We now have a full 10 and 2 half song set. So the next gig should be ace. Will be in touch...

Oh and Gomez? Thanks for the that. I never would have thought of that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Smiler

simpsonsburns.jpg

Hi Baz.........

• WOO HOO!!! All songs now mastered PLUS!!! A new song called sick. Fully mastered too. Up on the temporary page :) Enjoy and remember... ALL opinions count! Event the "Thats $hite" :) Just tell us why!

Well Papa,
    ..............here I am listening to yer stuff...and well Ive got to hand it to yu and yer gang ...really enjoyed sic!,,,great variety luuuv the lighter guitar picking style in and out of the Rock (Alex Lifeson would be proud of ya's!) :)
    Well its late and im up checking that tune out.,,but hey thats what oul drummers like me with more drums than sense do!...but is good stuf,,,veryy impressed yet again by your superb singer, she's realy excellnt,,, *finally we think we have one ourselves on board i've even my eyes crossed on this one!*,,,but yes overall really interesting and quality driven music.
    Like your drummers technique, tasty work there. 2 Tiny notes i thought worth saying, 1 drums for such a bombastic kind of forceful feel could have been a bit louder, and the snare sound is too ringy for my licking for that piece, would work in other songs of course, but that song to me needed more uuuummmph! on the snare. But all respect to your drummer , if he's happy who is ol loudmouth here to quibble.
    anyway best of luck yu gang and keep up your excellent work,,,and dont go basic on me now will ya's!!!!

ciao' amigos...Baggio..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

As Tony the Tiger says "They're grrRREAT!".......except change the "They're" to "It's" :D . If I'm free on the 31st I'll go along to the sugar club and show some support.

Really well recorded btw.

• Thanks for that rb
    Make sure you lemme know who you are!!! Put some faces on the names...

Baggio:
    Your comment was very nice. tyvm. The drummer was well proud when he read this. True the drums could've been louder on certain parts, but the overheads made the drums sound great, but the mics didn't. If we get some more money together, we might do a remix. But this demo is really just for getting our name out there and getting some gigs...

Thx guys, keep the comments coming in. Good bad indifferent!

Speaking of getting gigs, you might have another one this Friday if you JUST BOTHERED TO RETURN MY CALL! *runs bawling in the corner*

;)

As a matter of interest (and a matter of on-topic posting), did you guys get a copy of the Pro Tools session (or equivalent) when you finished in Creamy Sonic?

• Advertisement

• Hey dude. forces of nature against me calling you back :) I'll call you tomorrow. Yeah they gave us the project files which was sweet. Remixes on our own turf as such :)

• Hello all :)

News update:

We're playing TOMORROW (Halloween) in the Sugar Club. Should be a great gig, playing a new song for the first time... So looking forward to feedback on that one :)

The website is now officially opened. Please check out www.burmashade.com and let me know what you think.

See ya tomorrow guys :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

I'll be simplistic and say I like it.
    It's good indeed, very interesting, very un-dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Rustar

I think the bass is possibly too loud in the first Song.

Bass is never Too Loud!!!!

All other instruments must pay homage. ;)

• Hi guys, quick update. Busy working on new material for the next gig and our first headliner in January.
    We registered with cpu our link is http://artists.cpu.ie/bands/995/ So it'd be nice if you listened and rated our stuff :)

Thats it for the mo.
    Thanks people

Papa ,,well for me I can only congratulate yu gang for REAL original music and a great mix of feels and styles and musicians who are not afraid to play,
    ...mucho impressed i have to say,,,pass on my best to your drummer *good work stix man/woman!*....liked drummers cymbals swells etc..wonder what types he uses?..
    Liked the 3rd song best stik is it??....all songs are good but that has so much foundation to it and what i call build around the feel,,great use of backing sounds and atmosphere...THIS is the kind of stuff i want to hear.not every bleedin garage band indie crap thats sooooo much around today.
    And your singer...ahhh i luuuuv her voice she is superb simple as that she is veryyy top notch so unique. *tries to rob his singer: - "here singy singy come to Baggio singy singy.Ill let yu see my bamboo snare drum and my babylonian snare drum too!" eheheh*

Ahhhh well your lucky to have her ...again congrats I think I MAY have finally found a band i might just buy an album of from here....thats no minor achievement!!....we RUSH fans dont buy any old thing!

ciao' amigo....Baggio............

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

i'd definatly buy any of your guys stuff in the day of release...tremendous stuff...there are so many bands out there that can play and play well but just sound so bland and there are also sh1te bands too who are just crap...u guys seem to have the rare mix of talent and the ability to use it...i voted all te cpu songs excellent...be sure to post up dates and places for the gigs i definatly be there!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭McFiddler

Seriously blown away by those tracks! Whens the next gig??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

<pimp>

next gig is here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054846459

'The Santa Cause' in aid of Santa's Strike Force - with 4 equally rather good bands inc. Flash My Frankenstein. Charity auctions and all manner of crazy yule-tide boardsie treats too.

22nd December, The Hub, Eustace Street, Temple Bar, Dublin 2.

more details to follow.

</pimp>

• Advertisement

• Quick update: You can now check out what we look like @ our myspace page www.myspace.com/theburmashade
    Please leave a nice comment if you so wish :)

The lineup for the Santa Cause gig is confirmed now as well. Only 2 weeks to go!

Advertisement