Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best Superhero TV Show 2017

Options
  • 28-12-2017 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭

A good year for superhero television all in all. But what has been the best show this year?

Best Show? 21 votes

Arrow
    0% 0 votes
    The Flash
    0% 0 votes
    Gotham
    9% 2 votes
    The Gifted
    0% 0 votes
    Supergirl
    0% 0 votes
    Legends of Tomorrow
    4% 1 vote
    Powerless
    9% 2 votes
    Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
    0% 0 votes
    Marvel's Inhumans
    28% 6 votes
    Marvel's Iron Fist
    0% 0 votes
    Marvel's The Defenders
    0% 0 votes
    Marvel's The Punisher
    4% 1 vote
    Marvel's Runaways
    28% 6 votes
    Legion
    0% 0 votes
    The Tick
    14% 3 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I was tied between Legion and Agents of SHIELD; in fact I'm tempted to change the poll to multi-choice because I loved both equally, albeit for different reasons.

Legion was easily the bravest, most openly creative and imaginative use of a superhero property on TV, and was just a fantastic head-wreck to watch. If there's a danger of these type of shows becoming too rote and samey (ie, a CW superhero show), Legion confidently demonstrated how to spin things in a new direction.

I can't help giving my vote to Agents of SHIELD though: only because it has taken the long way around to becoming arguably the best MCU spin-off bar none; the 'Framework' arc was some of the most thrilling, engaging primetime TV drama of any genre, and so far Season 5 has got off to a decent start too.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,147 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Torn by Legion, Gifted and Shield

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Legends of Tomorrow has come on in leaps and bounds since Season 1 to the point that I genuinely anticipate the next episode.

Agents of SHIELD would be a close second though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Went with Legion.

Half felt regret after cos I hadn't spotted Punisher but then figured it was gonna be between the two and had a think and picked Legion because of how they just went for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Punisher closely followed by the shocker that was Runaways for me , Gifted and Legion up there too along with AOS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,219 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Such a hard decision between AoS and LoT for me, but I'm going to have to go with AoS. They took such huge risks last season with some great character work and turns and a huge story. Yet they always still find time to throw in a bit of fun with some great characters and funny lines.

LoT was so enjoyable this year and I always look forward to it. It's just so much fun and embraces the cheese.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Legends for me just such a fun show always entertaining.

didnt enjoy the punisher at all made it to half way through the 5th episode and gave up its my most disappointing show this year

Advertisement