Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Best Superhero Tournament!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,279 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Batman.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Batman.Flawless Victory.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

No great shock there as Hawkman fails to get off the ground whilst Batman soars through to Round 2. Next up is a really fascinating duel.

Cyclops

212px-Cyclopsjc.jpg

VS

Judge Dredd

250px-2000AD168.jpg

It's two heroes with a strong sense of right and wrong as one of the most iconic X-Men Cylops squares off against the one-man judge and jury of the future Judge Dredd.

Who do you like in this one? Vote now.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Toughest face-off so far. Very close for me because they're both great, but gonna stick with the X-Men once again and give my vote to Cyclops.

Cyclops was one of my favourites from the animated series so him to blast Dredd away before he gets close.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,203 ✭✭✭sonic85

Very close one this because I like both. Marsden was criminally underused as cyclops I thought. Perfect actor but didn't use him right.

Karl urban was brilliant as dredd - one of my favourite movies.

I'm gonna vote for dredd

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭TheKells

I'll be voting for Judge Dredd too, never too fussed on Cyclops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

I'll break the tie and vote for Dredd.

Cyclops was always too much of a boy scout for my tastes.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,216 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Cyclops. Used horribly in the films but a brilliant character in the comics, particularly in recent years.

After the closest battle yet it's Judge Dredd that is the first to 3 votes and advances, though Cyclops did not do bad at all. Next up is a DC vs Marvel bout.

Dream

Dream_%28comics%29.jpg

VS

She-Hulk

250px-She-Hulk_vol_2_7_textless.jpg

It's the star of Neil Gaiman's 'The Sandman' series Dream, also known by a host of names such as Morpheus and Oneiros, versus the superhuman cousin of Bruce Banner She-Hulk.

Who is the better of these two? Vote now.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Advertisement

She-Hulk for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Sandman Sandman Sandman..!

I'm gonna go with She-Hulk on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

She-Hulk!

She-Hulk muscles her way into the next round. Next up we have one of the most intriguing clashes we've seen so far.

Green Arrow

250px-Green_Arrow_%28Modern_Version%29.jpg

VS

Iron Man

250px-Iron_Man_bleeding_edge.jpg

It's one of the biggest DC vs Marvel clashes to date as two billionaires collide; the master archer Oliver Queen aka Green Arrow versus expert engineer Tony Stark aka Iron Man.

Who comes out on top in this one? Vote now.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,216 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'd have to go with Iron Man. Genius, billionaire, playboy philanthropist.

Ironman also,for the above reasons :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

Don't like this one, I'm a Green Arrow fan but I also have to go with Iron Man!

Iron Man blasts his way through to Round 2 with a strong performance. Next up is another interesting one.

Catwoman

220px-CatwomanVol3.jpg

VS

The Phantom

200px-Phantomissue12mikebullock.jpg

Probably best not to take the films of these two into account, eh? It's Batman's nemesis-turned-hero Catwoman versus The Phantom, a hero that has a family tree filled with ass-kicking crusaders.

Who deserves to go through? Vote now.

The Phantom for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Catwoman!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

ya know against my better judgement I'm going to go with the Phantom here because he's a true hero ...Cat Woman started out and often switchs back to the dark side so not really a hero for me more of an anti hero

One of my favourite cartoons as a kid was Defenders of the Earth, so for that reason The Phantom gets my vote.

His father would be so proud as The Phantom finds a way through to Round 2. Next up is a very tasty clash.

The Punisher

250px-PUNMAX031COV_colREV.jpg

VS

Spawn

215px-Spawn_Classic.jpg

It's the battle of two anti-heros as the uncompromising vigilante The Punisher takes on the man who came back from hell Spawn.

Which of these two badass characters progresses? Vote now.

I like Spawn but I love The Punisher so it's the The Punisher for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

The Punisher.

The Punisher, especially after Jon Benthal's portrayal of the character.

The Punisher sends Spawn back to hell with a merciless performance. Next up it's a Marvel vs DC clash.

Rogue

250px-RogueCoverv3.jpg

VS

Superman

250px-SupermanRoss.png

It's the X-Men's Rogue with the ability to absorb powers of those she touches versus one of the most iconic superheroes of all, the Man of Steel Superman.

Who advances to Round 2? Vote now.

Love Rogue but it's got to be Superman.

• Advertisement

Rogue by a country mile - I've never been a fan of Superman, even though he'll probably win this one unfortunately.

Come on lads, vote Rogue #1.

Advertisement