Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Discussing new episodes - Please Read

• 09-07-2004 3:02pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭

It's in the charter, but I want to reiterate given that Stargate:SG-1 is back tonight, and Stargate: Atlantis kicks off next week. Now you can feel free to talk about them but observe the following rules:

* Do NOT ask where you can see the episodes. The answer is obviously your television :)
    * If you are discussing an episode, please mark it CLEARLY in the thread title what episode you are discussing so that people who are waiting for the Sky One airing do not accidentally click on it and get spoiled.
    * Within a clearly marked thread, I think it's fair not to have to use spoiler space UNLESS it's about an episode not yet aired (this includes the previews for next week's epsidoes too as I generally avoid them).
    * I discourage talking about new episodes, unaired here, in threads not specifically designed for them. If you must do so though, please use the [ spoiler ] tag. I really dislike being spoilt and I'm pretty sure others don't like it either.

Other than that, I look forward to some brief resurgence in the forum, with new episodes to talk about :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Could i ask for the thread to be rated by each person so we (those that dont want to read it because of spoilers) get a general idea of how good/bad the episode is ?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Good idea Bizmark! It's a neat enough way of getting at least some idea of what the quality is like.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

I try :D:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

hmmmmm.

me waits patiently for IOL & Eircom to get their collective fingers out and give me my damn broadband.

if i ever 'needed' a tv show it would be SG.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

Can i ask why u cannot give or ask of web sites that u can download the eps from????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Originally posted by ixoy
    Good idea Bizmark! It's a neat enough way of getting at least some idea of what the quality is like.

he ripped it off a guy from the star trek forum, but one day bizmark you will have an original idea :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Raz

Originally posted by OmegaRed
    Can i ask why u cannot give or ask of web sites that u can download the eps from????
    To possess a copy of episode owned by a studio without their permission is a copyright infringment.
    If the users of the forums start pointing out places to download the eps then they become accomplises, if you will, to the crime. The users represent the forums, pretty much, and in that way boards.ie would be liable. So it's not allowed.
    That's how I see and understand it.

Originally posted by Raz
    That's how I see and understand it.
    That's how I understand it too and that's why OmegaRed has a one week ban. The rules in the charter are quite clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    he ripped it off a guy from the star trek forum, but one day bizmark you will have an original idea :p

Dammit u beat me to it! i was going to say that.
    hmmm i didnt know u where into SG1 data. just another one of my inexplanable memory losses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 schwaaaaa

Spud and janeway

• Advertisement

Can everyone ensure they're complying with the original post?

To sum up:

1) You can discuss an episode without spoiler space in a thread only if you've clearly marked the thread as containing spoilers for that episode. In other words the thread title must declare clearly what episode is being discussed.

2) If you want to discuss episodes, plotlines, characters, etc - unaired or otherwise - that take place after the episode being discussed in a thread you must use spoiler space.

It's easy to remember as is the fact that I hate spoilers and will not look kindly at all on those who spoil.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,129 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I think spoilers ought to be used relating to other series as well. A fair percentage of people are coming on board never having really watched through SG-1 or SGA, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,129 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

bizmark wrote: »
    Could i ask for the thread to be rated by each person so we (those that dont want to read it because of spoilers) get a general idea of how good/bad the episode is ?
    I'll start doing this, and reminding people to do the same in a new episode thread. Polls are always more accurate though. Thread rating will get you the Average score.

I do my best to keep the OP spoiler free and the poll options spoiler free so that Users dont need to fear having a Peek to see how people are rating the episode. Scroll down at your own risk though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mccloud333

Excellent series

Advertisement