Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Animal Crossing New Horizons (Player list in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭rumplyconch

Celeste found wandering here too.
    And Redd still has all 4 fakes on board if any interest?
    Gates open

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Raykay23

Sure thing, pop over :)
    Looks like I was too late, thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Ah VanDammit! I went into the museum to look at the informative statue that @bluemachaveli kindly gave me &. Just realized I already have the sinking painting that I bought earlier from RedRochey! FFS! I only have about 6 or 7 pieces of art in my museum but I manage to get a duplicate :rolleyes:

@bluemachaveli do you have the sinking painting? If not I can send it to you when I get it tomorrow.
    If you do already have it, I’lll give it to someone else tomorrow.

Oops! you sent me the wrong surfboard! It was the one on the end at the right I was looking for :) Not to worry.

All good, I have that painting so will leave it for someone else. My bad, I get confused with all the variants. I’ll send it on in a few mins, it’s the white one?

Raykay23 wrote: »
    Looks like I was too late, thanks anyway.

Sorry I closed for a min to send some stuff on Nook shopping. Open now again if you’re still online

awec wrote: »
    Are fences purely aesthetic or do they serve some other purpose?

You can use them to block off areas of your island you dont want visitors accessing. Or at least you could before the update.... Now visitors can jump from airport into sea and swim to areas you might have fenced off....

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,354 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

You can use them to block off areas of your island you dont want visitors accessing. Or at least you could before the update.... Now visitors can jump from airport into sea and swim to areas you might have fenced off....

There’s no gates though, right? Do you just keep placing and picking up 1 piece of fence in this case?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,153 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Are fences purely aesthetic or do they serve some other purpose?

Stuff doesn’t grow through them. So if you fence in your flowers they won’t sprout outside the fences

But mainly aesthetic (and obviously a way of dividing areas...)

There’s no gates though, right? Do you just keep placing and picking up 1 piece of fence in this case?

Exactly. Think you can remove bits of fence to allow access when you have visitors but cant place fencing. So you couldnt block a visit in!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

All good, I have that painting so will leave it for someone else. My bad, I get confused with all the variants. I’ll send it on in a few mins, it’s the white one?

I was actually wrong, sorry! I have the white one. It looks like the one I’m missing is a brown wood one?

Probably easier for me to tell you what I have :)

Dark green kinda like camouflage.
    Blue & white stripes
    White with centre stripe
    Red with stickers on it
    Hawaiian hibiscus flowers

I was actually wrong, sorry! I have the white one. It looks like the one I’m missing is a brown wood one?

Probably easier for me to tell you what I have :)

Dark green kinda like camouflage.
    Blue & white stripes
    White with centre stripe
    Red with stickers on it
    Hawaiian hibiscus flowers

Cool, will send it over once I have the gates closed again :)

• Advertisement

Cool, will send it over once I have the gates closed again :)

Thanks a mill no rush at all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Ah VanDammit! I went into the museum to look at the informative statue that @bluemachaveli kindly gave me &. Just realized I already have the sinking painting that I bought earlier from RedRochey! FFS! I only have about 6 or 7 pieces of art in my museum but I manage to get a duplicate :rolleyes:

@bluemachaveli do you have the sinking painting? If not I can send it to you when I get it tomorrow.

Oops! you sent me the wrong surfboard! It was the one on the end at the right I was looking for :) Not to worry.

I have a spare worth painting if you want to swap?

RedRochey wrote: »

Oh cool! I’ll check in the morning if I have that one & if not I’ll defo swap!

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭tbahh

I've opened up the island for a little while for those looking for stars. It's not a meteor shower but there's the odd couple every so often. Internet connection can get a bit lousy around this time so sorry in advance if it disconnects!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Bit late, but if anybody is still online, Redd on my island has a real Academic Painting if anybody would like to trade!

My AC playtime has tanked since The Last of Us Part 2 and the Pokémon DLC came out. I only check if Redd is on my island and turn it off lately :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

Redd is on my island today. There's a fake jolly painting, moving painting and informative statue. If anyone wants the fakes let me know and I'll open.

Defo feels like I’m the only one who hasn’t got Redd this week but hopefully that’s a sign that the people who studied the update are right and he’ll be around more often now!

(FWIW we’ve had Pirate Gulliver, Labelle and today Flick (thought I haven’t played yet)

Redd is on my island too :D has fake famous painting, wistful painting and valiant statue if anyone wants them?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'd love the statue, Red?

• Advertisement

Dodge wrote: »
    Defo feels like I’m the only one who hasn’t got Redd this week but hopefully that’s a sign that the people who studied the update are right and he’ll be around more often now!

(FWIW we’ve had Pirate Gulliver, Labelle and today Flick (thought I haven’t played yet)

I haven't had Redd yet either. Today I have CJ so that will be 2 visits from him this week. :rolleyes:
    Ah well 2 chances to get crappy tiny models I suppose.
    So far this week I've had sailor Gulliver, Leif and CJ

They've broken the pattern too with who comes to the island!

My week has been the following thus far:

Gullivarr, Redd, Label

Plus, I've read that KK has moved to Sundays when a bug off or a fishing tourney are taking place, meaning he won't be using up a Friday slot anymore!

I haven't had Redd yet either. Today I have CJ so that will be 2 visits from him this week. :rolleyes:
    Ah well 2 chances to get crappy tiny models I suppose.
    So far this week I've had sailor Gulliver, Leif and CJ

It's annoying CJ probably won't be accepting fish for collectibles on Saturday.

Same for Flick during the recent bug off, he could have easily taken them but nope!

tbahh wrote: »
    It's annoying CJ probably won't be accepting fish for collectibles on Saturday.

Same for Flick during the recent bug off, he could have easily taken them but nope!

Ah yeah I forgot that. So only 1 crappy model then :)
    I have 2 Napoleon fish in tanks. Wonder if I can catch another today?

Ah yeah I forgot that. So only 1 crappy model then :)
    I have 2 Napoleon fish in tanks. Wonder if I can catch another today?

I didn't even know that fish existed! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I read also that the fishing tourney also has that team bonus, same as the bug off. Happy to team up on Saturday with people and go for the trophies :D

Also wondering, has anyone crafted the trophy case and can it hold your trophies? I don't have the recipe but I am curious. I'd be surprised if it did, so much of the furniture is useless.

Mr E wrote: »
    I'd love the statue, Red?

Ya i'll open later and you can call over :)

I read also that the fishing tourney also has that team bonus, same as the bug off. Happy to team up on Saturday with people and go for the trophies :D

Also wondering, has anyone crafted the trophy case and can it hold your trophies? I don't have the recipe but I am curious. I'd be surprised if it did, so much of the furniture is useless.

We've started to look at island tour videos on youtube and so much of the furniture is only used for texture or for some sort of angle. For example the rock climbing walls are used for their backs as they're much higher than panels. Others use the organs backwards as they're so tall. I'd assume this is all deliberate

Oh I didn't even know there was a trophy case! Now I want one...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Have a load of spare DIYs if anyone wants them

Wooden end table
    Crest doorplate
    Bamboo basket
    Log bench
    Gold armour
    Deer decoration
    Sleigh
    Log stakes
    Apple dress
    Stone table
    Tiny library
    Simple DIY workbench
    Cardboard sofa
    Wooden toolbox
    Log round table
    Tea table

If I am not too late, could I get the tiny library from you at some stage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,990 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

BEWARE OF DIVING THIEVES IN ANIMAL CROSSING: NEW HORIZONS

https://nintendosoup.com/beware-of-diving-thieves-in-animal-crossing-new-horizons/

Advertisement