Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Off Site WW / Mafia Games Discussion

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

That's a very good reason tbf cee_jay :D

Ok if Liz is interested I'm happy to withdraw and let us decide between beaker and Liz for the representative and substitute?

Alternatively if Liz isn't I'm happy to sub for beaker and let him rep us :D

• Registered Users Posts: 84,914 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Thanks for nomming but I will support beakerjoe

I barely manage to get through werewolf with some understanding :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Looks like we have it sorted so. BeakerJoe as our rep and Necro as sub.

Now... what can I rhyme with BJ? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Congrats BJ and Necro. Bring home gold or dont come back.

BJ its a million points if you use the pic i drew of you in the BB game over on MU.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Baggly wrote: »
    BJ its a million points if you use the pic i drew of you in the BB game over on MU.

You know I cant say no to dares.

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Looks like we have it sorted so. BeakerJoe as our rep and Necro as sub.

Now... what can I rhyme with BJ? :pac;

Ask Trigger, he loves rhymes.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

beaker I'll shoot you a PM after work with what we gots to do next to confirm our involvement.

Mainly involves setting up an MU account and filling out a sheet of your preferred dates for a game along with time preferences. (12/12, 36/12, 48/24, etc)

Necro wrote: »
    beaker I'll shoot you a PM after work with what we gots to do next to confirm our involvement.

Mainly involves setting up an MU account and filling out a sheet of your preferred dates for a game along with time preferences. (12/12, 36/12, 48/24, etc)

Much appreciated. I'm looking at this from an Ireland in Italia 90 POV, no expectations, nothing to lose and maybe I'll meet the pope.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,914 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Much appreciated. I'm looking at this from an Ireland in Italia 90 POV, no expectations, nothing to lose and maybe I'll meet the pope.

You-can-do-it.gif

• Advertisement

So from signing up, I am required to submit a bio to MU. And it states, I should feel free to enlist the help of my community in which Im representing to create my bio..... so with that in mind, BIO ME!

Be cruel, the funnier the better.

From MU site:

BIO:

[Insert whatever information or fun facts that you wish here. Talk about your mafia-related accolades, impressive stats, fun anecdotes, favorite role to play, strengths and weaknesses, your approach to the game, other players' quotes about you, or take out the piss on the whole thing and make some jokes. The ball is entirely in your court, this will be how you present yourself to your fellow competitors and to the many spectating communities.]

I like the take the piss idea, have at it folks.

Almost done Day 1 (36 hour day) of a pre championship practice game, man its grueling.

The dedication some players have may Necro look like a non poster. I like the MU site, all the gizmos like ISO's and note pad and vote history are all really cool and the players seem sound so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Almost done Day 1 (36 hour day) of a pre championship practice game, man its grueling.

The dedication some players have may Necro look like a non poster. I like the MU site, all the gizmos like ISO's and note pad and vote history are all really cool and the players seem sound so far.

Got a link to the game thread, fair play doing the practice game, that alone would suck the life outta me :D

duffman13 wrote: »
    Got a link to the game thread, fair play doing the practice game, that alone would suck the life outta me :D

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/30603-Champs-Practice-Game-3-Coffee-House?p=4880263#post4880263

Linky above.

Im using it as a gauge for how players play, whats acceptable play and what not, and to figure out how the site works. Im pretty relaxed playing it.

But the standard of player is high, I dont see myself going far in the MU championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,339 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

A common thing on boards is to reference mod communication. Dont do it over there unless it explicitly states that it is okay to do so or you'll be insta modkilled. On A lot of mafia / werewolf forums, private mod communication is majorly taboo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Neowise

gotta love that 5m end of day timer on MU.
    it really amps the tension up to max.

rik, i think it being mostly automodded over there, so stops the need to mention the hosts at all.

Neowise wrote: »
    gotta love that 5m end of day timer on MU.
    it really amps the tension up to max.

rik, i think it being mostly automodded over there, so stops the need to mention the hosts at all.

I did enjoy the count down. Ive really enjoyed it and the day break is welcomed.

Seem like a decent bunch if lads in my practice game.

Be interesting to see what happens when the game reopens.

Its been a eye opening experience.

Starting day 3 now and happy to be still alive.

Ive enjoyed this practice experience. Everything is so different yet the same.

Watching that game reminds me of how cool that site is. Love all those bells and whistles in particular the Votes page and ability to go back and look at the votes at a certain point of the game. Love playing here, always will but I do pine for some of those features sometimes :/

• Advertisement

Watching that game reminds me of how cool that site is. Love all those bells and whistles in particular the Votes page and ability to go back and look at the votes at a certain point of the game. Love playing here, always will but I do pine for some of those features sometimes :/

I prefer here, my heart is here, but MU has so many little enhancements that are just wonderful.

I couldn't play there all the time, its very intense at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Site seems very cool

Id have ssues from reading that thread with metagaming, surprised its tolerated. Nice pace of game though

duffman13 wrote: »
    Site seems very cool

Id have ssues from reading that thread with metagaming, surprised its tolerated. Nice pace of game though

The first day was very fast but thankfully the 2nd day was mich more manageable as I was pushed for time.

The meta gaming talk is fine, Ive tried my best to denounce it.

Im looking forward to day 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Neowise

The first day was very fast but thankfully the 2nd day was mich more manageable as I was pushed for time.

The meta gaming talk is fine, Ive tried my best to denounce it.

Im looking forward to day 3.

Eagerly awaiting day 3 myself. :D

Neowise wrote: »
    Eagerly awaiting day 3 myself. :D

To see me fail right? :pac:

Probably best not to discuss an active game here Beaker.

Just for all that might be interested in following it, beaker's world championships game has been scheduled for June 7th

Will be setting up a server on discord where we can support beaker in private without influencing the game, there's also the main MU server which has a spectators chat for all communities to mix and discuss the ongoing games.

If anyone wants the link give me a holler!!!

God, if I play anything like the practise game you'll all be screaming at me on Discord

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

God, if I play anything like the practise game you'll all be screaming at me on Discord

I followed the practice game up to a certain point, I found it quite confusing at times so fair play to you! I thought you were doing great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,818 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Stay out of the love shack BJ

Advertisement