Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Convective/Thunderstorm Discussion Spring/Summer 2018

Comments

Some chain and fork lightning getting more frequent ! Off rumble of thunder very distant.

Cocks crowing now, god dam sheep saw one of the bastards eyes glowing in the field a few feet in front of me !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Holy crap lads. I just recorded the best lightening strike of my life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

There was what sounded like a direct strike to the ground near the docks in Cork a while ago ... HUGE bang.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Seeing flashes in the distance in Lucan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

In mount Juliet Kilkenny and been watching the lightning for nearly an hour now, few faint rubmles of thunder here too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

Flashes are beginning to light up the house now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Big flashes to the south of me. Lighting up the back of houses. In Dublin 6

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Flashes every few seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The sky's above cork city are alive with lightning.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jeju

On East Cork coast some right bangs moving on towards City now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,071 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Davaeo09 wrote: »
    In mount Juliet Kilkenny and been watching the lightning for nearly an hour now, few faint rubmles of thunder here too

Watching the same storm from further up the road on Laois/Kilkenny border. Lots of flashes. No thunder yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Ogie84

What a show we've had here in Cork over the past hour. Counting about 4 strikes per minute at the moment and that's a lull

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Must be 60 miles away at least these flashes, pretty cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Burts Bee

Watching in awe from north cork. Any idea which way it's moving?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Oh the radar is getting fairly saucy now. Getting closer to S.Kildare/Carlow border. Some huge flashes and lovely forks occurring in the gap in my horizon between the Wicklow Mts. and Mt. Leinster.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

There's no set direction where the lighting is anymore. It's on my left my right and in front of me . Surrounded

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭vickers209

plenty of constant flashes here in wicklow near coast every few seconds through skylight but havnt heard any thunder only awake 5 nins

• Registered Users Posts: 23,441 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Literally flashes every one to two seconds now to the southeast from Dublin. Getting much brighter, getting closer.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Burts Bee

I think I can answer myself, north!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Watching the same storm from further up the road on Laois/Kilkenny border. Lots of flashes. No thunder yet.

Im home now in Ballycallan and it looks like this storm is just moving slightly north east, might miss me but head your way :D

Enjoy :pac::D

Like others have said about 2:35am there was an almighty ****ing rattle in cork city. The poor dog is clung to me. I've never seen anything like it. I've the curtains closed and I might as well have them open.

Fabulous structure to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

Very heavy burst of rain over Cork City now. Still lots of lightening.

pad199207 wrote: »
    Fabulous structure to it

That as it may be but most people couldn't give a ****e of its structure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

A clear moonlight night here but lots of flashes to the south.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

Wexford and South Wicklow getting the show of a lifetime I imagine. I'm in Bray looking south over Bray head and there are large lightning flashes all over the Southern sky every second. Sometimes multiple different strikes per second.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Extraordinary night in Cork city. As others have said we had one particular bang which was same as a bomb going off!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,441 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

A clear moonlight night here but lots of flashes to the south.

Look out for the trough - as it moves north in the next couple of hours cells will likely flare north of it's current position. Currently action in Wexford and Wicklow.

• Advertisement

Fantastic anvil crawlers now

Advertisement