Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greystones Freecycle thread. [Read post one before posting]

• 14-01-2011 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,701 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Thought this might be an idea, as I picked up the free tables & chairs that was offered a few weeks back myself and there's been a couple of similar threads (with one to follow from me).

If you have anything you no longer need, furniture, electronics, garden equipment, whatever; and you think someone locally might have a use for it, post it up on this thread. (I know there's a "free" category on adverts.ie and various other sites like jumbletown but I think people are more likely to be interested if an item is available locally).
    • Give a full description, include a photo if you think it helps
    • You can ask questions on-thread, but make any contact and collection arrangements via PM - no phone numbers, email addresses.
    • Free items only - if you want to sell something, put it on adverts.ie and put a link in your sig.
    • update the thread when the item has been taken, or is no longer available for whatever reason.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,701 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

OK and to start it off

Wooden framed futon with blue mattress - "double" size (its 4ft wide)
    its in very good condition, its just taking up space and we don't use it - the frame dismantles so it'll fit in a hatchback to take away.

143374.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 38 littlemaxi

Great Idea.. Will have a few items to put on here soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,701 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

loyatemu wrote: »
    OK and to start it off

Wooden framed futon with blue mattress - "double" size (its 4ft wide)
    its in very good condition, its just taking up space and we don't use it - the frame dismantles so it'll fit in a hatchback to take away.

Futon now taken by Littlemaxi.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Greystoner

Great idea!

We found a home for our computer table very quickly.

The beauty of advertising locally makes it so much easier for people to just pop in and collect things en-route to wherever they are going. Saves petrol and reuses/recycles at the same time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 DRM97

Hi,

We have a lovely pine dresser that needs to find a new home. It is in very good condition (see photo). Measurements are 193cm high x 118cm wide x 37cm deep.
    We would be happy to give it free of charge to anyone in the Charlesland / Greystones area.

Anyone interested, please PM me :)

144036.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

might have a double bed base in the coming weeks and a matress... (4'6")

anyone interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Matt Le Tissue

DRM97 wrote: »
    Hi,

We have a lovely pine dresser that needs to find a new home. It is in very good condition (see photo). Measurements are 193cm high x 118cm wide x 37cm deep.
    We would be happy to give it free of charge to anyone in the Charlesland / Greystones area.

Anyone interested, please PM me :)

144036.JPG

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

might have a double bed base in the coming weeks and a matress... (4'6")

anyone interested?

I've a friend in bray who would definitely be interested in the mattress anyway.

I'll know by the 7th if it's going or not :-)

Looking for a computer desk if there's one going?
    Terry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Splendour

Looking for a computer desk if there's one going?
    Terry

Hi Terry, try here www.freetradeireland.ie for a desk,there's usually a couple going a begging.

thanks for that site,
    Terry

• Registered Users Posts: 24 kernaw

Hi,

Im looking for a 2 seater sofa and a shelving unit?
    If anyone has one?

PM me
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,616 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I have it a couple of years and got a newer, more powerful one recently so don’t need it anymore. I was going to WEEE recycle it but thought if someone here wants it they are welcome to it.

This is what you get:

1. Electric hand blender with 6 speed setting (very useful)
    2. Blitzer section (caution sharp blades)
    3. Ice chopper with sharp blade
    4. Large Measuring jug with sharp blade
    5. Whisk

The only defects are as followings:

1. Smaller measuring jug was cracked so that had been thrown away.
    2. The whisk section is loose and comes apart easily
    3. The large measuring jug is slightly worn on the base but otherwise is decent condition.

I mainly used the hand blitzer for pureeing food – after the smaller measuring jug cracked, I got a bog standard Pyrex measuring jug (not included) – works great with that.

My only disclaimer - it is second hand and it hasn’t been PAT tested so you take it on the basis that you will PAT test it (i.e. your risk).

It’s similar to this:
    Amazon link

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,616 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Got this from Homebase a few years back, but got rid of the shed it was in and don’t have anywhere for this shelf anymore!

Linky to similar shelf on Homebase.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

This item has found a new home.

Free to take. :)

C79C8A88B86A4AD0B6132B25484FD984-0000333782-0002161844-00640L-1F141502EDB44C6EA68E0D91E111A99C.jpg

D69221C5359E4F4B8267B80A48B0E20D-0000333782-0002161843-00640L-E256D6AD8E1C4C119311D63FC24BAB23.jpg

0041895EB6704E969AE80E54049D68A5-0000333782-0002161845-00640L-FFAE436F4A1A476BA173FE349EB8663C.jpg

Contents are not for free was just too lazy to empty it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Apip99

Morning all,

Last day in grenadines, then of to Barcelona for a new start. The charity shop has taken most things, but the kids play house it too big for them.

http://www.adverts.ie/457221

Needs to go this morning.

Let me know if you are interested

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭dudmis

pm sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jmac1976

loyatemu wrote: »
    Thought this might be an idea, as I picked up the free tables & chairs that was offered a few weeks back myself and there's been a couple of similar threads (with one to follow from me).

If you have anything you no longer need, furniture, electronics, garden equipment, whatever; and you think someone locally might have a use for it, post it up on this thread. (I know there's a "free" category on adverts.ie and various other sites like jumbletown but I think people are more likely to be interested if an item is available locally).
    • Give a full description, include a photo if you think it helps
    • You can ask questions on-thread, but make any contact and collection arrangements via PM - no phone numbers, email addresses.
    • Free items only - if you want to sell something, put it on adverts.ie and put a link in your sig.
    • update the thread when the item has been taken, or is no longer available for whatever reason.

Great idea. We are moving overseas and would like to give away some items. These include;
    TV (4 years old)
    Baby food maker
    Avent bottle sterliser
    Kids pretend lawnmower that blows bubbles

Available for pickup in Charlesland Grove.

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

jmac1976 wrote: »
    Great idea. We are moving overseas and would like to give away some items. These include;
    TV (4 years old)
    Baby food maker
    Avent bottle sterliser

Any pictures?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jmac1976

Damo9090 wrote: »
    Any pictures?

Pics attached

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭conlof

5 ft Barney the dinosaur bed in good condition with a spotless mattress.
    Come and take it away.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭conlof

Barney bed collected yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Nancenet70

Free to a good home...collection only from our Kilcoole home

stroller3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭longford76

Hi Nancenet70,
    I'd love to take the buggy if it's still available?
    When would it suit to collect? PM me with details.
    Thanks
    Eugene

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭hamstervision

*** GONE ***

We've got a CD/DVD/Book case going if anyone would like to take it off our hands?

See image attached.

Height: 130cm
    Width: 53.5cm
    Depth: 27cm

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Nancenet70

we may have found a home for it, right before i got this, sorry! if for some reason she doesn't take it, i will PM you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

I've a green composter in my garden which I've never used as the garden is too small, if anyone needs one for their garden or allotment, its all yours.

i've two tvs to give away

a philips 19"(with stand thing) one and a sanyo (i think) 17 inch one

they're about 5/6 years old but work fine.

i might even have the remotes somewhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Mr Diamond

I've a green composter in my garden which I've never used as the garden is too small, if anyone needs one for their garden or allotment, its all yours.

Hi there,

I'd love to take it off your hands if you still have it? I'm just new here to the boards, and new to Greystones, so can't PM you as yet (need to have 25 posts). Will await your reply and I guess we'll work it out from there.

Thanks!

Advertisement