Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Staying with partner during lockdown

• 01-04-2020 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I would just like some advice. My partner wants me to stay with them for a night during the lockdown. We would normally stay with each other 2 nights per week. Moving in together short term is not a possibility due to family circumstances.
    I don’t think its a good idea, we’ve both got children and I’m still working outside the home. What are others doing in similar situations? Thanks 😊

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Government announced on Friday that different households should not be visiting each other. End of.

Sorry that's really blunt but that is how it is.

Our neighbours have various friends/boyfriends/people I've never even seen before coming and going the last few days, meanwhile I haven't seen any of my family or friends for 4 weeks. It's driving me mad to see how some people think these rules just don't apply to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Cash_Q wrote: »
    Government announced on Friday that different households should not be visiting each other. End of.

Sorry that's really blunt but that is how it is.

Our neighbours have various friends/boyfriends/people I've never even seen before coming and going the last few days, meanwhile I haven't seen any of my family or friends for 4 weeks. It's driving me mad to see how some people think these rules just don't apply to them.

Same .... people who continue to break these rules will mean stricter measures, just do the right thing please

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I haven't seen my partner in almost 4 weeks because that's what we were told to do, stay home. It's not easy but it's to protect ourselves and other people.

If you miss each other's company there's Skype/Zoom/Houseparty etc.

If people do like your partner wants it will extend the lock down for all of us. Please be considerate.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭maxsmum

Sure the Government restrictions means he can't visit you, or am I missing something? It's definitely clear on inter-household visits, does he not get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭qwerty13

Your partner is being really selfish. Tbh I’d think of him really badly in the future, if he’s so selfish about wanting see you / have you ‘stay over’. Is it about seeing you / communicating with you (in which case, there’s a plethora of alternatives), or is it about sex?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I haven't seen my OH in 4 weeks and probably won't for who knows how long. It's not ideal, we both miss each other but rules are very clear

It's selfish of him but so many people still haven't copped how serious this is.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Rachiee

Haven't seen my partner since 18th of March we don't live together so we aren't supposed to see eachother due to the regulations it's heartbreaking but if everyone decided to ignore the regulations this could go on for much much longer hopefully you can see eachother Easter Sunday

Advertisement