Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

3 webtext?

• 11-10-2020 8:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

Just wondering I can't seem to access 3 webtext anymore? When I try to access it it takes me to my3 account. It was working a week ago. Has it been stopped?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,695 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

Same here. It's been over a month now, where every click through to the webtext page gets sent back to the account overview screen. We are not alone, but their response to the few queries on the support page has been the usual "Problem? What problem?"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Working fine here, occasionally it says it's unavailable but retry a few minutes later and it works.

Try incognito browser tab, if that works it suggests clearing cookies and cache might fix the problem.

It was down regularly in summer months but since September it has always worked for me except for one weekend recently when they were doing IT maintenance.

Presume you're using the new link...
    https://messaging.three.ie/messages/send

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭zeebre12

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Working fine here, occasionally it says it's unavailable but retry a few minutes later and it works.

Try incognito browser tab, if that works it suggests clearing cookies and cache might fix the problem.

It was down regularly in summer months but since September it has always worked for me except for one weekend recently when they were doing IT maintenance.

Presume you're using the new link...
    https://messaging.three.ie/messages/send
    I tried that link but it just brings me to my My3 page. I also tried incognito browsing tab and it still brings me to my My3 page?

Ditto. Different browers, private and not, no difference - every link leads back to the account overview.

Having said that, I've just tried it using the browser on my phone and it's worked as it should ... not that that's very helpful - if I wanted to use the phone to send texts, I'd use the messaging app. :rolleyes:

Just the usual three.ie crappy IT.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Haven't used webtext in a while. Just tried it now and it's not working for me either. Am on an ex-O2 plan. Are the others having problems also on ex-O2 plans?

• Advertisement

I am ... but I thought O2 was dead and buried? If they're still transferring old O2 account info into their systems after so many "upgrades" it'd only illustrate how rotten the infrastructure is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I am ... but I thought O2 was dead and buried? If they're still transferring old O2 account info into their systems after so many "upgrades" it'd only illustrate how rotten the infrastructure is.

They finished merging the two networks at the beginning of this year as far as I know. They had "maintenance windows" every weekend for weeks and from what I heard it didn't go too smoothly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,674 ✭✭✭serfboard

Don't use this much because of its unreliability, but I tried using it again today and to my great unsurprise, it's not working. Does this thing ever work?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Which step didn't work?

Apart from occasionally needing a 2nd attempt to load the webtext form page, it almost always works IME. Don't think it makes any difference whether the full international prefix (+3538....) or the local prefix (08....) is used but try both just in case.

Advertisement