Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Three All You Can Eat Data for 20 euro a month

Options
  • 03-10-2020 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

hi guys
    what happened to the 20 euro top up all you can eat date (top up every 28 days) from three i dont see it on there website ?

Comments

https://www.three.ie/plans/sim-only/prepay/

If you are referring to the plan where you get to keep your credit, that is now gone (expect for sims that were already registered for it).

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Th3N3xtLife

hi guys
    what happened to the 20 euro top up all you can eat date (top up every 28 days) from three i dont see it on there website ?
    i was on this until last month when i signed up with the 48 deal , i used up all the 100gb data and changed over thismorning back to three thinking there all you can eat data was still valid ...bummer

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭jdon72

https://www.three.ie/plans/sim-only/prepay/

If you are referring to the plan where you get to keep your credit, that is now gone (expect for sims that were already registered for it).

It's still there as 3 Prepay 20, it's just discounted to €10 for this month

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

jdon72 wrote: »
    It's still there as 3 Prepay 20, it's just discounted to €10 for this month
    No, that's a new plan where the €20 top-up is taken each month to pay for it (currently discounted to €10). You don't keep the credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Quackster wrote: »
    No, that's a new plan where the €20 top-up is taken each month to pay for it (currently discounted to €10). You don't keep the credit.

They done away with the plan for new customers where you keep your credit a few months back.

• Advertisement

DopeTech wrote: »
    They done away with the plan for new customers where you keep your credit a few months back.
    Exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Quackster wrote: »

Ive got texts trying to move me.
    From Three. The sky's the limit with our Brand New Prepay Plans. Upgrade to unlimited calls, texts and truly All You Can Eat Data for just EUR15. That's saving up to EUR60 until 31st October. Hurry! Upgrade & save now on My3. 3.ie/FOM OPT OUT 50202

Was suspicious to why its changing. Theyre paying €12/mo to Google on my behalf. And a €18 one time purchase this month. Moving would be a terrible deal for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,898 ✭✭✭circadian

ED E wrote: »

Was suspicious to why its changing. Theyre paying €12/mo to Google on my behalf. And a €18 one time purchase this month. Moving would be a terrible deal for me :D

Exactly this. Getting Google play through my credit. It's one of the reasons I put up with the sometimes patchy or slow network, it's that good a deal.

Likewise!
    And likewise! :D

Text and email today trying to push it.

Fat chance lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Text and email today trying to push it.

Fat chance lads.

You could move to 48 and have €12 spare to spend how you like every month but yeah I'd stay put if I were you too. They probably will withdraw carrier billing or something at some stage to force people off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Caspero

So under the new system, when you buy a SIM and pay 20 EUR in the shop but get a text saying your credit is low, I take it that just means the 20 was taken for your all you can eat 28 days?

When I got the 'no credit' text I was worried that the person in the shop didn't configure the SIM correctly and that the SIM was just going to work for a short while after I bought it before stopping due to no credit. I called 1741 and it said I have no credit. But that's normal now is it and it will work for the full 28 days before I have to top up again?

DopeTech wrote: »
    You could move to 48 and have €12 spare to spend how you like every month but yeah I'd stay put if I were you too. They probably will withdraw carrier billing or something at some stage to force people off it.

They've got a better incentive to foist people off the old deal, 5G.

Seems my PAYG plan doesn't have 5G support when the new ones do. I'll test to confirm. Might finally leave Three :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Seems like most networks are removing carry over credit on new plans. So all "new" PAYG plans are effectively 30 day sim only plans.

Maybe some one knows if anyone is still offering the old legacy plans where you can carry credit over each month end.

Advertisement