Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Unable to login on other browsers

Options
  • 28-09-2020 10:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭

Hi,

I can login using Safari, but since my name change I can' t login on any other browser. I would refreshed the page to see my name change so stay logged in on Safari at that time.

It just says 'login failed'. Also tried changing my password.

Thanks.

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi there,

Can I make sure that other browsers aren't autofilling the login form (possible with outdated information)? Would you like to email hello@boards.ie from the email associated with your account and we can reset the password for you.

The sign-up page isn't letting me register with a username featuring an apostrophe so I wonder if that might be causing issues (can't test on Safari). Will look at changing a test username in the morning when the database allows for changes and see what happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭world class wreckin’ cru

Hi,

No I'm definitely not auto filling the password.

I changed the password myself and it works in Safari, but not in Chrome now for example - and I've been typing the password in.

This is only happening since I've tried other browsers I currently wasn't logged into when my name was changed. Hope this helps!

Some more info: I can login on other mobile browsers, but not on the desktop ones. I've cleared history and cache to try again but no luck. It's not a big deal and I'm sure it'll sort itself out if it's too much hassle.

Thanks.

Boards.ie Employee

I will try to investigate this further in the morning when the database allows me to change the details on an account that I currently use for testing purposes.

What browsers worked for you on mobile?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,872 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Your username has a curly apostrophe

which isn't the same character as a straight apostrophe

'

Maybe that's the problem?

Life ain't always empty.

• Advertisement

^ That was it!! Thanks for your help guys.

Boards.ie Employee

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement