Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Star Trek Fact Files

• 08-09-2020 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Anybody know of anyone in Ireland i can get this from? All the cool stuff came out before i was born :(

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

rare to get full collections of this....or at least in Ireland

collected that at the time, missed about 5 instalments thats to easons who constantly would **** uo orders, and would have to scour the city or in some cases send of the the UK.
    Little did i know when i finally said sod it, it would soon would end.

ended up dumping it in the bin when I moved home, regret it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Davidious

similar thing happens alot with easons in cavan too

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

yep, you could not depend on them, you would have staff insist the right issue had come in, you tell them it was last weeks, and they just look at you like you haven't a clue.

an odd time there would be the sound girl who would go search, it put me off every buying those weekly or monthly booklets.

Surprised it has not ended up on line yet in the complete pdf format like a lot of the trek manuals and blueprint books
    Seen a couple of monthly editions on line but nothing complete

• Registered Users Posts: 15,524 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I have some. I never got them all do. I choose the ones I thought were good at the time as I could not afford them all and was not always in the shop I bought them from as it was not local to get them all anyway.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Davidious wrote: »
    Anybody know of anyone in Ireland i can get this from? All the cool stuff came out before i was born :(

I had a few of these in my parents house. I'll have a look next time I'm down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,198 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Hmmmm, must check the parents house, this is ringing bells.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Kurn

I have about 10 folders of them, incomplete set, not looked at it in years.

i'll even take part of the collection, just to have it, anyone have these?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,198 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

i'll even take part of the collection, just to have it, anyone have these?

Sorry I never got back to you on this, I'll send you pics of what I have next time I'm at the family home

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

most kind of you sir, thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭pah

I can send you mine also, incomplete.

Collected when I was 15 or so, I took the ship pages that folded out and had them on my bedroom walls.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,297 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I collected up to somewhere around 180 but stopped then and still have a pile of them that were never mounted into the folders
    how many issues were there in total?

Skerries wrote: »
    I collected up to somewhere around 180 but stopped then and still have a pile of them that were never mounted into the folders
    how many issues were there in total?

304 total , u want to keep ur collection?

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CraigM84

Man i remember these, good memories of reading through them, think still up in my folks attic :D

CraigM84 wrote: »
    Man i remember these, good memories of reading through them, think still up in my folks attic :D

for sale?

for sale?

Honestly man I really cant remember how many of them I had, think was 3 binders full, but can't see myself being able to even check if they're still there due to the current bits going on, I live the opposite side of the country to them, unless would that be classed as essential?? :rolleyes: Whenever I do get to go up home, I'll try keep in mind to check, will most likely be sometime around Christmas. If I do remember I'll check back with you though

CraigM84 wrote: »
    Honestly man I really cant remember how many of them I had, think was 3 binders full, but can't see myself being able to even check if they're still there due to the current bits going on, I live the opposite side of the country to them, unless would that be classed as essential?? :rolleyes: Whenever I do get to go up home, I'll try keep in mind to check, will most likely be sometime around Christmas. If I do remember I'll check back with you though

cheers, very understandable , and thank you

Managed to dig mine out today while rooting for Halloween stuff. I've 5 folders with a decent amount in them.

those bring back memories alright, i remember sitting down and reading through them

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Sonic the Shaghog

To be fair it's very nice of lads offering to pass them on to the OP, fair play to ye

• Advertisement

To be fair it's very nice of lads offering to pass them on to the OP, fair play to ye

savage sound people alright, i would give something for them of course, i realise a full set is probably a long way away for me but if i had a start then i'd focus on building from there. Thanks everyone

So... It's been a while. I have these in my downstairs room as we had the attic converted. Herself is going to make me dump them, so free to take away. Can't recall if I sent PM to you OP as all my messages are gone since the new site update.

Drop a message here if you are still interested.

Going once.... Going twice...... Going in the bin soon otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 15,524 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Sell them even for a euro a pop if you have too. Don't bin them :( 😞

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Eh, I'm trying to give them away for free and can't. How can I sell them.

Advertisement