Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Multi City Visit

Options
  • 08-06-2020 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am considering visiting 2 or 3 cities next year. However, I am not certain how best to organise it. One way flights seem to be more expensive than return flights. My plan for last year was to fly to Boston and spend a few days there then fly to NY for another few days and fly home from there but the air fares were crazy. Unless I flew to NY first then to Boston and back to NY again.

I am open to suggestions but I was thinking Chicago then Boston then New York.

Any ideas or advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭SweetSand

Internal flights in US are generally expensive, forget about Ryanair prices. With covid it is hard to plan for next year. If it was me - I would make up my mind about cities I want to visit first. Definitely wouldn’t bother flying between Boston and NY, it’s only 4 hours by car/bus, you can rent a car one way fairly cheap, that route is very straight forward or bus fare can be got for half nothing. Chicago is a bit further, decide which city you ll be flying from and start monitoring, use skyscanner and check out nearby airports, like for Boston it can be Providence. Frontier, Southwest Airlines, Spirit, Jet Blue are some of airlines to check. If you don’t mind flying from London - you were able to get amazing deals before, no one knows how it’s going to be next year :( We flew last August Boston Logan-London Heathrow with Virgin Atlantic for $325 return, hand luggage only, but food and drinks were included. Check out app called Hopper, it tells you if it’s a good price for your flight and if you should buy or wait. I found it very useful.
    Now, in saying all that, start with doing multi city search on Aerlingus site, they are partners with Jet Blue and sometimes their prices are great. My in-laws flew Shannon-Tampa via Boston on the way over and NY on the way back in March and their tickets were cheaper than for us to fly from Boston to Tampa ��

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Thanks for that. Hopefully things will be back to normal (ish) by March next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Try the multi city function on Google flights and buy direct from the airline. SouthWest and JetBlue have some good fares but they don't always use main airports.

Advertisement