Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 Irish Gigs (Confirmed & Rumoured Events)

• 26-03-2020 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,553 ✭✭✭✭

With the current coronavirus worldwide pandemic a lot of 2020 events will now take place in 2021. The following are the shows which have been moved to 2021 with no doubt more TBA

3Arena
    Dua Lipa- Friday, 8 & Saturday, 9 January 2021
    Bon Iver- Tuesday, 12 January 2021
    Simple Minds- Monday, 22 February 2021
    The Who- Friday, 5 March 2021
    Harry Styles- Friday, 19 March 2021
    David Gray- Thursday 25, Friday 26 & Saturday 27 March 2021

Olympia
    Rhod Gilbert- Sunday 24th January 2021
    Magic Of Motown- 22nd & Saturday 23rd October 2021
    You Win Again- Saturday 18th September 2021
    Peppa Pig's Big Day Out- Saturday 16th & Sunday 17th January 2021

Vicar Street
    Tommy Tiernan 'tomfoolery'- January 7th/8th/9th/14th/15th/16th, 21st/22nd/23rd/28th/29th & Febuary 4th/5th/6th 2021
    Jason Manford- 18th/19th September 2021

Any other confirmed/rumoured events for 2021 to go here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,015 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Ac/dc for Slane

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Mushy wrote: »
    Ac/dc for Slane

Hopefully not if I never see that kip again it'll be too soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,553 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Ac/dc for Slane

That's if they tour in 2021

Nothing ever came of the rumoured 2020 tour which was touted before the current world issues

• Registered Users Posts: 21,015 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    That's if they tour in 2021

Nothing ever came of the rumoured 2020 tour which was touted before the current world issues

I was being a bit of a tool saying it, getting it out of the way early! Now it may come true, but was based on nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,431 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Hopefully not if I never see that kip again it'll be too soon.

You don't HAVE to go, y'know. Me personally, I'd love to see them at Slane. I've seen AC/DC twice and I've been to Slane six times (the first time was '95 and the last was '19). I've no issues with the place.

Gigs '21 - Stendhal Festival (July), Stendhal Festival (August), [s]Liam Gallagher & Idles[/s], King Kong Company, Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs, The Undertones, And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '22 - And So I Watch You From Afar, Teenage Fanclub, Mogwai, Stendhal Festival, The Fratellis, Clutch, Kurt Vile & The Violators, Electric Picnic, Vantastival, The Cure, And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '23 - Stiff Little Fingers, The Wood Burning Savages, Bob Log III, David Kitt, Ludovico Einaudi, DADDY LONG LEGS, The Prodigy, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, The Murder Capital, PJ Harvey, The Bonnevilles (w/Amy Montgomery, Rews, New Pagans), The Undertones (w/Buzzcocks), And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Advertisement

Ac/dc for Slane

I've only noticed this thread and came on specifically to post this :lol:

Gigs '21 - Stendhal Festival (July), Stendhal Festival (August), [s]Liam Gallagher & Idles[/s], King Kong Company, Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs, The Undertones, And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '22 - And So I Watch You From Afar, Teenage Fanclub, Mogwai, Stendhal Festival, The Fratellis, Clutch, Kurt Vile & The Violators, Electric Picnic, Vantastival, The Cure, And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '23 - Stiff Little Fingers, The Wood Burning Savages, Bob Log III, David Kitt, Ludovico Einaudi, DADDY LONG LEGS, The Prodigy, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, The Murder Capital, PJ Harvey, The Bonnevilles (w/Amy Montgomery, Rews, New Pagans), The Undertones (w/Buzzcocks), And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Any word about the ‘The Frames’ outdoor concert set for Kilmainham jail in June 2020?....bought tickets through ticketmaster for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,176 ✭✭✭ongarite

Can't see any gigs taking place in Kilmainham this year.
    The place has been taken over by the HSE as the temporary/overflow morgue during this COVID-19 emergency.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

ongarite wrote: »
    Can't see any gigs taking place in Kilmainham this year.
    The place has been taken over by the HSE as the temporary/overflow morgue during this COVID-19 emergency.

The thread does say 2021

Possible all the outdoor gigs for 2020 may be moved to summer 2021

All going well some 3arena/indoor gigs might get the go ahead for late summer/September-on

Who knows whats going to happen tbh

• Advertisement

The Script have announced a free concert for HSE/NHS frontline staff and Primary Care workers (inc. Nurses, Doctors, cleaners, porters, ambulance staff) performing a career-spanning set on Tuesday 9th February 2021 at Dublin’s 3Arena!

➤ Tickets will be limited to 2 per person (eligible HSE/NHS, Primary Care and one guest) and will be available online only via this Tuesday 7th April 2020 at 7pm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

haven't they suffered enough?

(but seriously, fair play to The Script)

haven't they suffered enough?

(but seriously, fair play to The Script)

yeah very decent of them and no doubt good publicity for the band

Hope its genuine HSE workers who get tickets and not touts who will be looking to make a quick buck from this

Wonder how they will allocat the tickets ???. Codes sent to emails of workers

The Script have announced a free concert for HSE/NHS frontline staff and Primary Care workers (inc. Nurses, Doctors, cleaners, porters, ambulance staff) performing a career-spanning set on Tuesday 9th February 2021 at Dublin’s 3Arena!

➤ Tickets will be limited to 2 per person (eligible HSE/NHS, Primary Care and one guest) and will be available online only via this Tuesday 7th April 2020 at 7pm

...support from The Coronas? :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

And if you're not hospital staff it's not compulsary is it? Another bullet dodged.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,717 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

^ as my Wife's cousin, an ICU nurse, said to her an hour or so ago, 'can I take the cash alternative?'

just speculation here but i think 2021 wont see many new summer tours and its possible it will be mostly rescheduled 2020 shows like Hella Mega/Guns N Roses/MCR/Westlife etc

Bruce and co were rumoured to be touring in 2021 but hard to knw whats happening in that regard now with the current situation

• Registered Users Posts: 84,341 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Good on Them

• Registered Users Posts: 11,598 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Nick Cave's gigs rescheduled to April 2021 https://twitter.com/3ArenaDublin/status/1247811825732706312?s=19

Slane 2021 day 1 (June)

Token Irish Band
    Token Irish band 2
    Biffy Clyro
    The Pixes
    Pearl Jam (headliners)

Day 2 (August)
    Token Irish band
    Token Irish band 2
    Therapy
    Alter Bridge
    ACDC

A man can dream

• Advertisement

Slane 2021 day 1 (June)

Token Irish Band
    Token Irish band 2
    Biffy Clyro
    The Pixes
    Pearl Jam (headliners)

Day 2 (August)
    Token Irish band
    Token Irish band 2
    Therapy
    Alter Bridge
    ACDC

A man can dream

Perfect (except Alter Bridge)...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Slane 2021 day 1 (June)

Token Irish Band
    Token Irish band 2
    Biffy Clyro
    The Pixes
    Pearl Jam (headliners)

Day 2 (August)
    Token Irish band
    Token Irish band 2
    Therapy
    Alter Bridge
    ACDC

A man can dream

Personal tastes aside, you might want to consider the size of the audiences that Biffy Clyro and Pixies play to in their own right, compared to those of Therapy? and Alter Bridge. They're not remotely comparable.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, The Bothy Band, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe.

Personal tastes aside, you might want to consider the size of the audiences that Biffy Clyro and Pixies play to in their own right, compared to those of Therapy? and Alter Bridge. They're not remotely comparable.

Ah c'mon...it's a tongue in cheek post.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RayCon

Slane 2021 day 1 (June)

Token Irish Band
    Token Irish band 2
    Biffy Clyro
    The Pixes
    Pearl Jam (headliners)

Day 2 (August)
    Token Irish band
    Token Irish band 2
    Therapy
    Alter Bridge
    ACDC

A man can dream

One man's dream is another man's nightmare.

https://help.ticketmaster.ie/hc/en-ie/articles/360007196997-Event-Status-Updates

2021 will be a massive year of gigs :D:D

very slim chance of gigs happening here Oct/Nov/Dec 2020. More than likely tours that time will be moved to 2021

Looks like part of the UK's immigration bill is that every musician, crew member etc will need to pay a £224 visa and show proof their bank accounts haven't dipped below £945 for 3 months. Would apply from 1st January to EU and non-EU citizens.

Might not see a huge impact next year with a lot of tours already rescheduled. But would be interesting to see if has an impact of the number of international bands that play year from 2021/2022 on. If bands skip gigs in UK as a result, could end up skipping gigs here too. Ideally they'd play more gigs instead here but not sure which way it would go.

Just another potential headache for venues, promoters and gig goers here.

https://twitter.com/BestForBritain/status/1262323928070082568

Eod100 wrote: »
    Looks like part of the UK's immigration bill is that every musician, crew member etc will need to pay a £224 visa and show proof their bank accounts haven't dipped below £945 for 3 months. Would apply from 1st January to EU and non-EU citizens.

Might not see a huge impact next year with a lot of tours already rescheduled. But would be interesting to see if has an impact of the number of international bands that play year from 2021/2022 on. If bands skip gigs in UK as a result, could end up skipping gigs here too. Ideally they'd play more gigs instead here but not sure which way it would go.

The UK is a massive market and not many bands skip it

Interesting proposal and might make which was something simple for us (going to a gig/match in the UK) more complicated

The UK is a massive market and not many bands skip it

Interesting proposal and might make which was something simple for us (going to a gig/match in the UK) more complicated

Ah yeah, guess I was more thinking in future with these changes, whether it will be worth band's time. For the big bands, wouldn't think it would be huge issue but maybe more for smaller and medium bands.

Will still be Common Travel Area between here and UK, so shouldn't have much impact on Irish bands gigging there and UK bands gigging here but possibly for international acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,630 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Eod100 wrote: »

counter point is that if bands skip the UK, their flight has a high chance of landing in Dublin, might as well tack on a show here.

• Advertisement

hynesie08 wrote: »
    counter point is that if bands skip the UK, their flight has a high chance of landing in Dublin, might as well tack on a show here.

Yeah that's the ideal situation would be great! Especially if bands more likely to get to places outside of Dublin too

Advertisement