Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fastway/Parcel Connect

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,872 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Sorry for the thread necromancy, but I have to weigh in on this. This company is beyond a joke.

This is the third time in a year I've been given someone else's parcel and I've been waiting on a parcel myself for over four weeks from the US, that I reckon has been "lost" at this stage. More than likely, it's been "delivered" to the wrong address.

God be with the days when An Post covered the postal service in this country. Now, we have the "market" hocked off to private companies, who hire cheap (mainly foreign delivery drivers) and it's a bloody disaster.

I have to bring the parcel now to the correct address, which is quite near to me.

What a farce.

I remember the days when ordering something online wasn't a delivery gamble. It was relatively inexpensive too and arrival from the States didn't take over a month.

This kind of service shouldn't be in private hands, as the end user, i.e. YOU, have absolutely no control over the choice and no comeback when things go wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

Yes, they're still an awful company. They lost a package of mine that I'd sent to the UK using parcel connect. Then it took 2 months of badgering them to get a refund. Naturally, I was long out of pocket because I'd had to refund the person who'd bought my item. They were difficult to contact and very slow to respond to emails. I have nothing good to say about them other than that the eventual refund cheque didn't bounce. They couldn't even spell my name properly on the cheque!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭corks finest

Joke joke joke of a company. Couldn't care less attitude reigns Supreme. Drivers don't answer phone. Don't attempt to contact for delivery. Have a tracking number for them for passed two weeks. Each day it's out for delivery and never arrives. Order from sports direct. Two orders placed same day one delivered via Dpd 2 weeks ago and the other with these clowns. Rant over... For now

Ref sports direct,,,,fastway,they lost my returned item(driver forgot to scan) took 3 months to get reimbursed

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Amber 123

Does anyone have any idea how on earth to get through to Fastway? My delivery has been postponed all week due to “unforeseen circumstances”. Got in touch with ASOS who I purchased the items from. They were no help. Have sent countless (ignored) emails to Fastway. Does anyone have any ideas at all? At my wits end and willing to drive to the depot (2 hrs round trip) to collect but can’t even get in touch with them to find out if the parcel is in the depot. Can’t believe that a company like Fastway can continue to operate - is there no reprimand for such appalling service?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

MOD: Moved to Couriers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,162 ✭✭✭✭ED E

It could be in the drivers living room, their depots are wherever the driver feels like. All "independent businesses".

Unforeseen circumstances probably means the guy for your area is on his holiers. Check for a tan when it arrives in a week or two.

The reprimand is giving Asos a bollocking for using them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,526 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

I'd say smoke signals are your best option with that shower....

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Sharknose

Item dispatched from Spain to Fastway Northern Ireland 6th July, still not delivered. ( 16th September )

Despite a dozen emails Fastway claim to have no trace of item.

They have a computerized tracking service, where collection needs to be verified with a code. I don't understand why it can't be tracked :mad:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

MOD: Move to couriers forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭arseagon

I purchased an item off Amazon which they shipped with iparcel last week, the tracking on the amazon page started saying Reschedule Request Received 2 days later even though noone had requested any such thing. When I contacted iparcel, they told me the parcel had been handed over to Fastway for delivery and gave me a Fastway tracking number. When I looked on the fastway tracking page I got the following

"Unfortunately we were unable to deliver your parcel today due to unforeseen circumstances. We'll aim have your parcel out for delivery on the next working day. Our apologies for the delay"

This same message just keeps showing up each day since so I emailed them using their support page as this is the only way to get in contact, they do not operate a phone service any more or engage on any social media.

My problem now is no one will reply using their email helpdesk either, what can I do to get a resolution on this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Your contract is with the buyer. Get on to them.

I have done that and in fairness to them they have shipped a replacement order. I just cannot believe that a delivery company can operate with zero communication with customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

arseagon wrote: »
    I have done that and in fairness to them they have shipped a replacement order. I just cannot believe that a delivery company can operate with zero communication with customers.

Again, their customer is the seller, not you. Let the seller deal with it.

That's not entirely true seeing as I'm the one that paid the shipping and I'm the one that has to wait around for a useless courier company to turn up. I would say that I'm their customer seeing as I paid the bill.

That's not entirely true seeing as I'm the one that paid the shipping and I'm the one that has to wait around for a useless courier company to turn up. I would say that I'm their customer seeing as I paid the bill.

Not to be pedantic about it but you did not pay Fastway or enter in to any contract with them. You paid the seller for delivery that they contracted for.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭discodaveirl

Did you provide your full address including eircode and phone number?

Not to be pedantic about it but you did not pay Fastway or enter in to any contract with them. You paid the seller for delivery that they contracted for.

"Not to be pedantic but heres a really pedantic reply" yeah thanks for that, really helpful....

"Not to be pedantic but heres a really pedantic reply" yeah thanks for that, really helpful....

It's the facts and the legal standing. Not what you want but I can't change that.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moving to the Couriers forum

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 36,162 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I just cannot believe that a delivery company can operate with zero communication with customers.

They aren't really a company though. All the vans are independently owned and fastway provide nothing but a logo and tracking. No infrastructure. No CS. No accountability. There's a clear reason they're cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Isabelle Young Wharf is correct here, so please keep it civil.
    Amazon contracted iParcel to ship your order - the contract to ship it is between them. iParcel have contracted Fastway to do their deliveries on their behalf. Amazon have to dole out the kicking to Fastway via iParcel.
    Not ideal, but that is the way it works.

My complaint wasn't about who my legal contract was with, I was complaining about the fact that Fastway have no phone numbers or social media contact-ability and don't bother replying to the one method they do offer people to get in contact. A pretty crappy way to do business if you ask me.

Also iParcel just fobbed me off with a link to Fastways website and the tracking number and Amazon tried to fob me off to iParcel.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭discodaveirl

My complaint wasn't about who my legal contract was with, I was complaining about the fact that Fastway have no phone numbers or social media contact-ability and don't bother replying to the one method they do offer people to get in contact. A pretty crappy way to do business if you ask me.

Also iParcel just fobbed me off with a link to Fastways website and the tracking number and Amazon tried to fob me off to iParcel.

Have fastway been provided with your eircode?

Amazon have taken the easy way out and sent you out a replacement. They don’t seem to have any interest in improving their shipping systems.
    You actually asked what to do to get a resolution on this - The advise you were given that you deal with Amazon still holds. Ed E puts Fastway’s operation in a nutshell above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 CM123456789

just in case you haven't got it already a contact number for Fastway is 01 4242901.
    They will ask how you got the number....does it matter was my reply.

they are fully "on line" customer interaction now so they will not like getting the call so keep ringing until you get closure.

Worst service "company" I've ever come across.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Icbaby

So I'm really annoyed and would like your opinion on whether I should let this go or not. I ordered a parcel from littlewoods (€400), it was due to be delivered on a Tuesday. Waited, no one came so in the afternoon I collected my girl from crèche. Checked fastway app and no delivery. Wednesday morning I check the app and it says delivered at 8.15pm Tuesday. No way to contact fastway (they don't have contact nos that work) so contacted littlewoods as it said delivered with my signature. Littlewoods told me they would investigate and come back to me. An hour later the driver rings to say he put my parcel in my bin (I live in a not so lovely part of limerick) so I rang my neighbour to check my bin and it was there. I called back the driver (who I know) and told him I had it.... end of I thought.
    But seemingly fastways system sent me a text by accident responding to littlewoods query (it was sent to LW too but should not have been sent to me seemingly) saying and I **** you not:
    parcel delivered to safe location, she is suspect character and has that package, don't believe her!!!!

Now I work in the courier business so chances are my boss and their boss know each other and here they are instructing LW that I am a suspect character even tho someone frauduantly signed my name, left it in an open bin and slandered my character. I'm fuming and my complaints to LW went unanswered (usual **** of someone will get back to you and never did). Part of me is like 'let it go' and where does it get you and the other side is.... who the hell do they think they are. I'm more fuming with Lw customer service now rather than fastway at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,978 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

How is a bin a safe location?
    Was there rubbish in the bin?
    That's pretty gross.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Icbaby

How is a bin a safe location?
    Was there rubbish in the bin?
    That's pretty gross.

Yip my general waste with all my waste in it. And it's it's on front of my house so anyone can open it. Not even at the side.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Defamation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭deisemum

I've lost count of the number of posts I've seen posted on various sites about that courier company not bothering to even call to doors but going straight to dustbins and putting deliveries in them and the driver signing for them themselves.

I work from home and we have regular deliveries via a few different companies and I've seen the driver pull up go straight to the bin without even approaching my house and drop the package in it. I went out and asked him why he was putting it in the bin, he barefaced lied and said he'd knocked and no one answered and he then got thick with me when I told him he hadn't come near the house that I was looking out the window when he pulled up.

OP in you case I wouldn't let it go.

Advertisement