Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Don't book a holiday with Travel Republic!Share this with as many people as you can b

• 06-01-2018 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

DO NOT BOOK A HOLIDAY WITH TRAVEL REPUBLIC

because if your holiday goes wrong Travel Republic will NOT take any responsibility!

If you want to know the full story keep reading.

We booked an all inclusive holiday with Travel Republic to Egypt. When we landed in Egypt our Hotel Transfer that was prepaid never showed up and their phone number that was provided did not exist so we had to pay for a taxi to our accommodation. On our arrival at the hotel Tropital Naama Bay we were informed that the travel agent had only booked us in for B&B and not the all inclusive that we had already paid for. When we contacted Travel Republic via mobile phone re. the situation we were told that they would solve our problem within two hours but heard nothing after so the hotel agreed to contact Travel Republic on our behalf. We also mailed the travel agent and waited for a reply.

After numerous emails we were informed that Travel Republic was not able to help us out while we were on holidays but were told to keep all our receipts so we would be able to ask for compensation on our return:
    (Thank you for your communications regarding your travel arrangements. We are always disappointed when a customer feels less than fully satisfied with the service received. I am sending you a link to submit your formal complaint when you return from your holidays. The link supplied will not be able to be accessed until your return date. Customer Relation Team won’t be able to action your request whilst you are on holiday. If you still require any further assistance whilst you are on holidays, please feel free to advise me and I will be pleased to assist).
    I was not happy with this arrangement so asked again for the hotel to contact Travel Republic – I do not understand how a Travel Agent is not able to help their customer during their holiday, is that not part of their job description?!

It took 5 days for a Reception member of staff to finally get a “solution” from Travel Republic which was to make us pay the difference between the B&B and the All Inclusive rate. At this stage the hotel reception staff felt so sorry for us that they let us pay half of the All Inclusive rate and they would try to recover the other half from the travel agent so we agreed to pay the €260.

Due to all the stress caused during the holiday I asked Travel Republic to refund half the total cost of the holiday (approximately €800, allowing for the costs we incurred: €260 we paid the hotel, €30 for airport transfers and a mobile phone bill of €40, it was only an additional €470 which I felt was reasonable compensation). After almost a 4 week wait they informed us that we would not be compensated at all, not even the additional money we had to pay ourselves!!
    (I am sorry we have been unable to resolve your concerns to your complete satisfaction and I once again hope you understand our position. Thank you once again for taking the time to contact us here at Travel Republic we value all customer feedback).

IF YOU BOOK A HOLIDAY WITH TRAVEL REPUBLIC AND SOMETHING GOES WRONG TRAVEL REPUBLIC WILL CLAIM THAT THEY ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement