Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭lazer.blue

The people on atu2.com seem quite sure of an announcement on Monday. Their information is usually reliable

• Registered Users Posts: 37,716 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

25f806be2221f6e0970f92e41557dfb7.jpg

A headline spot at the Bonaroo festival in Manchester Tennessee USA June 8-11

Maybe thats the big news on Monday ???

• Registered Users Posts: 14,514 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

PTH2009 wrote: »

A headline spot at the Bonaroo festival in Manchester Tennessee USA June 8-11

Maybe thats the big news on Monday ???

Bonaroo official announcement of lineup is Jan 11th ,so its not that (although U2 are playing there )

If the tour is starting in mid May ,then they will have to announce the tour ,well at least the US leg pretty soon .
    Of course they could announce these gigs with a few weeks notice and they'd still sell out but that's not the way Oseary or Live Nation work.

Tickets for the last Us leg ranged from $30 - $275 plus fees .
    As these gigs are rumoured to only play big venues in big cities for 1-2 nights I expect hefty prices .
    European prices should be lower though.

Standing tickets should be reasonable ,good seats will be expensive.

I wonder will fan club members be able to buy 4 tickets instead of 2 as its an outdoor tour with larger capacity .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

Have a feeling it may be just Usa dates been announced Monday and the Europe and Irish dates will be announced some other time

Still the announcement been on Monday is only rumour though and there's nothing official about
    It

If Croke Park dates were been announced Monday than the Irish media would of got wind of it and Aiken would have a 'watch this space/Big gig news' thing on there facebook/twitter

I'd have to agree with you on that - can't see them announcing Dublin dates on Monday. N

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Easterly Beasterly

Veloce wrote: »
    I'd have to agree with you on that - can't see them announcing Dublin dates on Monday. N

Reports doing the rounds on Twitter that they are announcing Paris Stade de France for July 25th. You'd have to see them announce an Irish gig too.

• Advertisement

Reports doing the rounds on Twitter that they are announcing Paris Stade de France for July 25th. You'd have to see them announce an Irish gig too.

The Croke Park gig's will prob have a stand alone announcement as 'A Joshua Tree anniversary show in Croke Park' is a huge deal tbh

We're the 360 Croke Park gig's in 2009 announced with the rest of that tours Euro gig's ???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Wooderson

The Croke Park gig's will prob have a stand alone announcement as 'A Joshua Tree anniversary show in Croke Park' is a huge deal tbh

We're the 360 Croke Park gig's in 2009 announced with the rest of that tours Euro gig's ???

They announced the first night yes, with daylight in the tour sched for additional gigs.

Wooderson wrote: »
    They announced the first night yes, with daylight in the tour sched for additional gigs.

Hotel prices are a bit high for July 21/22 with The Croke Park Hotel sold out

That weekend would make sense for Croke Park shows as its the final weekend before the GAA season really kicks off there

The Irish gigs weren't announced until a later date for the I+E tour.

Edit - the excuse then was that the production team were having problems with fitting the stage inside the 3 Arena.

The Irish gigs weren't announced until a later date for the I+E tour.

Logistics reason I think, they didn't think the setup would fit in the 3arena initially

• Advertisement

Very amutuer poster tbh looks a bit photoshopped

Really hope the full tour (including Dublin dates) is announced 2morrow

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭ts_editor

The date at least matches this list that's being touted around Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/scottgum/status/817852117239087105

C1mX6h2WEAEDOM1.jpg

I offer no assurance of it's validity. Can't be only Pearl Jam fans who mock-up fake tour itineraries.

Can't wait to be disappointed 2morrow when they dont announce shows at Croke Park. MCD screwed me up with putting GNR in Slane instead of the rumoured Croke Park.

But I'm quite confident u2 will play Croke Park in the next while

• Registered Users Posts: 10,615 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

Where are they getting their information if it's not coming from MCD or Aiken?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,679 ✭✭✭hynesie08

The Raptor wrote: »

The band, management, local hoteliers. Mcd and Aiken won't announce anything until the contracts are signed, doesn't mean the information isn't 99% accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Or do all acts research what's going around in the locality of each place they play?
    Do acts planning to play 5 nights in an 80,000+ capacity stadium with millions at stake bother to research any potential problems? -yes, 100%, of course they do...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

hynesie08 wrote: »
    The band, management, local hoteliers. Mcd and Aiken won't announce anything until the contracts are signed, doesn't mean the information isn't 99% accurate.

So same as the Guns n Roses and Justin Bieber rumours so?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,679 ✭✭✭hynesie08

So same as the Guns n Roses and Justin Bieber rumours so?

Possibly, or possibly like those Garth Brooks rumours in 2014, or Springsteen in 2016, or Robbie in the Aviva this year. Where else do you see u2 playing?

Also the GnR slane rumours were a lot stronger than the croke park ones, until a few "journalists" started using a fake fan poster as a source.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭lazer.blue

So far anything the papers have been 'reporting' online today is based on the rumours that have been online over the last few days. It seems that they too know nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭fennor72

With all these strong rumours about tomorrow would it be a good idea to renew my subscription to u2.com. It expired in December and was worth it for the last tour for the pre sale alone

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭martin101

I renewed mine last night. Heard that if you renew it after they announce gigs you might not get a code. Probably would still get one but didn't want to take the chance. And they will announce a tour here between now and this time next year unless we are really unlucky, so I think its worth the renew.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

martin101 wrote: »
    I renewed mine last night. Heard that if you renew it after they announce gigs you might not get a code. Probably would still get one but didn't want to take the chance. And they will announce a tour here between now and this time next year unless we are really unlucky, so I think its worth the renew.

Maybe for another 3 arena show I would, but realistically, you're never not going to get tickets to a stadium show, even if it sells out in 5 minutes - there's always people who can't go due to holidays / weddings etc - subscription is rather pricey iirc?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

fennor72 wrote: »
    With all these strong rumours about tomorrow would it be a good idea to renew my subscription to u2.com. It expired in December and was worth it for the last tour for the pre sale alone

You have to pay a yearly subscription to get access to Presale tickets??!

Jesus Christ, Bono really is the standard bearer for Corporate Rock. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭fennor72

I got a pre sale code last time despite the fact that I took out the subscription after the tour dates were announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

I checked the leinster GAA hurling and football finals and have come to the conclusion that if the gig is on in croke park then it will be Jully 21st 22nd... would that be about right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

sugarman wrote: »
    It's fairly standard for most bands, Guns n Roses do it for $40 and ALOT of people done it for slane when there wasn't even any need to on the day.

Really? I find that such a rip off.

I've only used pre-sale for a number of bands but never been charged a fee or anything like that, especially $50!

It's not like they're short of cash.

Advertisement