Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The 'trampoline wars' FG Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

quickbeam wrote: »
    How you getting on with TWD, MrsF?

I got 10/10 on ever TLA quiz in leaving cert business. But TWD has me stumped.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Hiya folkettes!

There is waaaaaaay more wimmins here than on any other part of boards (barring tLL I suppose), it's especially surprising considering it's a game!! :P

I also missed the whole pics thing but I defo did enjoy when I read the describing each other thing! I did see the Andy pic, also shocked. Was fully convinced he was in his 50s with kids my age! :D:pac:

QB, dunno how I completely missed you were a girl! I had you pictured as a short, slim, dark haired slightly hyperactive guy with glasses! Didn't cop at all the in the last game that you, me and Xara were an all female killing team!

I am sickened I'm missing the beers! If I wasn't already going to be in Lisbon in Nov for the web summit I'd almost consider flying home for the weekend! :P I've been on boards for years although at varying levels of interest and I've never made it to a boards beer.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

QB, dunno how I completely missed you were a girl! I had you pictured as a short, slim, dark haired slightly hyperactive guy with glasses! Didn't cop at all the in the last game that you, me and Xara were an all female killing team!

You're not alone. Most people assumed male. It didn't bother me one way or another, so I never corrected them. It was only after WW3 that I mentioned it when talk of the beers got serious, I thought people should know. I had quietly grinned to myself though, about the three Baratheon brothers all being women! :)

sullivlo wrote: »
    I got 10/10 on ever TLA quiz in leaving cert business. But TWD has me stumped.

The Walking Dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

You're not alone. Most people assumed male. It didn't bother me one way or another, so I never corrected them. It was only after WW3 that I mentioned it when talk of the beers got serious, I thought people should know. I had quietly grinned to myself though, about the three Baratheon brothers all being women! :)

Haha, yeah I get that, I think if you don't have an female sounding user name people (myself included) assume you're a dude. Like I thought Xaracatz is surely a girl, same for Cee Jay and MrsFlushDraw obviously. In most other parts of boards they assume I'm a guy too, also never bothers me but I do correct on occasion! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

How you getting on with TWD, MrsF?

I am on the last episode of season 1, not as good as I thought it was going to be. Didn't grab me from the first episode like The Blacklist and Mr Robot etc but going to keep watching it.

I am not into gore, and although I watch Game of Thrones and Vikings which is a bit bloody etc I am finding TWD a bit yuck! but will stick with it for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Ahahaha just found this in the vampire backroom and it made me lol hard:
    i think its 50% as lucifer would be holding back more, the picture of a red haired woman on her profile probably is activating my conformation bias

Tigger, the red haired woman is Ariel from the Little Mermaid, and it's my sig coz I have red hair. Yay confirmation bias! :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Tigger, the red haired woman is Ariel from the Little Mermaid, and it's my sig coz I have red hair. Yay confirmation bias! :)

The blue man in my avatar is Sully from monsters inc.

It's based on my name. I am not blue in real life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Wow, I've missed a lot

Tigger wrote: »
    i'm gonna go but i'm thinking of designing a game
    what type? i think i'd like to doyust two terams but we are quite advanced now so would that be boring

Could do a game, based on the players that have played....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Could do a game, based on the players that have played....

i'd want to do a game where we all re-reg with clean accounts
    barman
    barmaid
    brewer
    blacksmith
    mayor etc
    stuff like that and play in the back room and we discuss the game openly on boards using our normal accounts so its two games at the same time and the dead room isopen to all from the start

i'm trying to work out how it goes but for example i might be the barman and i might be a werewolf so i represtent that i'm just a barman on the otherplace and we play were wolf

but in the "dead" room we are all talking so i'm tigger and i might say i think the barman is a wolf and then we lynch him so i'm out of the game as the barman but i'm still in the discussion as tigger

so dont say i'm dead in the game and near the en there might be 6 players left in the game but there is still 24 players left in the discussion room who may or may not be alive and they are pushing for their team or they are interested in whats goingg on or they are being helpful or not

so its two games going on at the same time in two different forums on about 5 different threads

i thionk it might need three teams each with a room and some villagers with one shot powers to make it interesting.

i wouldn't be playing but for example if i was id have to try to post inthe style of someone else to throw off the link between tigger and mr barman

• Registered Users Posts: 15,912 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

barman
    barmaid
    brewer
    blacksmith
    mayor etc
    stuff like that and play in the back room and we discuss the game openly on boards using our normal accounts so its two games at the same time and the dead room isopen to all from the start

i'm trying to work out how it goes but for example i might be the barman and i might be a werewolf so i represtent that i'm just a barman on the otherplace and we play were wolf

but in the "dead" room we are all talking so i'm tigger and i might say i think the barman is a wolf and then we lynch him so i'm out of the game as the barman but i'm still in the discussion as tigger

so dont say i'm dead in the game and near the en there might be 6 players left in the game but there is still 24 players left in the discussion room who may or may not be alive and they are pushing for their team or they are interested in whats goingg on or they are being helpful or not

so its two games going on at the same time in two different forums on about 5 different threads

i thionk it might need three teams each with a room and some villagers with one shot powers to make it interesting.

i wouldn't be playing but for example if i was id have to try to post inthe style of someone else to throw off the link between tigger and mr barman

that sounds like good fun. werewolf inception or something

• Registered Users Posts: 7,406 ✭✭✭tritium

barman
    barmaid
    brewer
    blacksmith
    mayor etc

That sounds completly mental

Id be up for it if you can get the mechanics down on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

tritium wrote: »
    That sounds completly mental

Id be up for it if you can get the mechanics down on it

yeah the mechanics are the bit i'll have to think about
    i like the idea that people can keep playing for their team but they mighn't even be on that team or helping at all
    you could say on the boardss area i voted for barman
    on the back area 1i voted for bar maid
    and in the "wolf " area i voted for mayor cos i think he'ss one of the other team

i like the idea you could throw yourself undera bus and then be saved buy you enimies

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

barman
    barmaid
    brewer
    blacksmith
    mayor etc

That is taking 'complicated' to a whole other level. Not sure I'd be able to keep up with that.

Remember during the game I mentioned that I couldn't get in on my phone, well I had the same with my tablet and then my laptop. Had to reset my password. This is the second time in the last couple of weeks this has happened,

ALSO I was saying about not getting emails anymore? still not.
    NOW I noticed I didn't see sigs, so went in and it was removed and also avatars, I had an avatar but can't remember what it was and wasn't till I switched back on avatars I recognised Valeyards and Mollys etc

This is all so odd. Has anyone else had any problems like this? I know I didn't make these changes to my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,912 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Remember during the game I mentioned that I couldn't get in on my phone, well I had the same with my tablet and then my laptop. Had to reset my password. This is the second time in the last couple of weeks this has happened,

NOW I noticed I didn't see sigs, so went in and it was removed and also avatars, I had an avatar but can't remember what it was and wasn't till I switched back on avatars I recognised Valeyards and Mollys etc

This is all so odd. Has anyone else had any problems like this? I know I didn't make these changes to my account.

if there was some sort of boards website update recently or something it may have re-set all the options to default?

barman
    barmaid
    brewer
    blacksmith
    mayor etc

It's a great idea, but I'm not sure that boards admins would allow the game of re-reg accounts?

Maybe post in the help desk to ask. That sounds odd.

Good luck Max, Aspen Mealy Giraffe and Neurotic for tomorrow. I await with anticipation your results!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭Guffy

@mrsf

Did you try clearing your cache?

Good luck Max, Aspen Mealy Giraffe and Neurotic for tomorrow. I await with anticipation your results!!!

Are they fit & healthy folk who can run?

Yes, or at least will try to :P

sullivlo wrote: »
    Are they fit & healthy folk who can run?

sounds like wolves to me...

Yes, or at least will try to :P

Wow.

Best of luck lads.

I'm envious. Kinda. I can't run but I'm trying to learn as I want to be able to do 10km. Hopefully bike fitness equates to running fitness...

if there was some sort of boards website update recently or something it may have re-set all the options to default?

Surely a few of us would have noticed?
    gufc21 wrote: »
    @mrsf

Did you try clearing your cache?

Haven't done anything, weird it happened on tablet and phone.
    Just switched laptop back on and had been signed out again.

Think I will check with helpdesk.

I couldn't get my photobucket to work to upload a pic to show so I stuck my pic from last month in as my avatar! on the other site obviously

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Stoogie

Can't see it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Stoogie

He's saying the re regs are on the other site

• Advertisement

Stoogie wrote: »
    Can't see it

mine? I see you and neurotic posted after me. But I can't see neurotic either.

Advertisement