Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

best wireless broadband in Dungarvan?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,544 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

3 is down all day today....

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Steve30x

I have the new modem / router with no arial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 seannie69

any time this year wud b nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

seannie69 wrote: »
    any time this year wud b nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anytime this year for what?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,544 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Anytime this year for what?
    a reply from deadman walking, I presume after he said the following:
    ....seanie what router do you have and who is your internet with,i may have a solution for you?wink.gif

• Advertisement

Seems like an impatient little fellow.

a reply from deadman walking, I presume after he said the following:
    yes your ryt on tat!newho ive a scientific atlanta epc2434 model and im wit caseys cablevision i jus want 2 stop sum1 from using my internet he has the code 2 my modem so if i can turn off the wireless connection on it he cant use it,CAN U HELP PLZ.

Have you contacted Caseys? I am sure that they will sort you out in a few minutes.

Please use your full keyboard.

Have you contacted Caseys? I am sure that they will sort you out in a few minutes.

Please use your full keyboard.
    use my full keybaord,explain dis???thank you,but i want 2 know how 2 do it myself nd casey wont tell ya he'll jus do it

use my full keybaord,explain dis???thank you,but i want 2 know how 2 do it myself nd casey wont tell ya he'll jus do it

Explain? Have a read of what you posted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

DoubleFacePalm.jpg

Haddockman wrote: »
    DoubleFacePalm.jpg
    jus coz ye know ur stuff bout computers tats reason 2 take the piss out of people who dont some help you get on ere.dickheads

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

jus coz ye know ur stuff bout computers tats reason 2 take the piss out of people who dont some help you get on ere.dickheads

Mod Note

If you have a problem with a post, report it. Please don't start attacking the person you are insulted by. Thanks.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Seanie, it's a relatively simple task for someone who is computer literate to perform.

Explaining it over a web-forum to a third party and expecting them to perform the task without trouble is another thing!

If you are genuinely stuck and need this matter sorted, please PM me your phone number and I can call over to you and show you how to do it?

Sully wrote: »
    Mod Note

If you have a problem with a post, report it. Please don't start attacking the person you are insulted by. Thanks.
    so wat did u tell t oda guy,did he get t same mgs as me coz i dont see it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

so wat did u tell t oda guy,did he get t same mgs as me coz i dont see it

You called someone a d***head. he didn't. Read the forum charter.

Also, when your asking for help it's a good idea not to get frustrated and impatient with people. Your not in the Tech Help section, your in the county forum asking for help with your router and people were trying to be decent and give you a bit of advice anyway.

Is u gettin wut i iz tellin , cuz i'd h8 to see u do mo facepalmz in stuff, innit!

God damn text messaging and Ali G. Bringing literacy levels down since the 1990's.

deisedevil wrote: »
    You called someone a d***head. he didn't. Read the forum charter.

Also, when your asking for help it's a good idea not to get frustrated and impatient with people. Your not in the Tech Help section, your in the county forum asking for help with your router and people were trying to be decent and give you a bit of advice anyway.

Is u gettin wut i iz tellin , cuz i'd h8 to see u do mo facepalmz in stuff, innit!
    i was told this is a great site to get help but all im after getting is the piss taken out off me,so when somebody takes the piss im not gonna write in and thank them i will and always will call them a d---head,i wasnt getting frustrated i wrote anytime this year as i joke but no1 has a sense of humour on here.what a great site to get help dont worry i will post it on my facebook what a great site this is to get help.............

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

i was told this is a great site to get help but all im after getting is the piss taken out off me,so when somebody takes the piss im not gonna write in and thank them i will and always will call them a d---head,i wasnt getting frustrated i wrote anytime this year as i joke but no1 has a sense of humour on here.what a great site to get help dont worry i will post it on my facebook what a great site this is to get help.............

You might not be used to discussion forums Seanie, or at least forums like Boards.ie. Its a huge site so we need to put in some rules, just to keep things in order and running smoothly. People are happy to help, and if there not - ignore them and report the posts so the moderators such as me can deal with it. Getting insulting wont help.

Also, on Boards.ie, there are different forums for different discussions. If you need IT Support there are specific forums for that.

Each forum has its own Charter at the top of the forum - I suggest reading it before posting and also text (txt spk) speak isn't liked. On Boards, we type using a full keyboard and don't shorten every word. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭deadman walking

Seanie my laptop calved a some weeks ago so i am sorry i did not get back to you in a timely fashion. my solution is use a different router like an eircom router of which i have a spare.

• Advertisement

Would a DSL router work on a cable network?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭deadman walking

i do not see why not the only prob might be the connection,does caseys internet come in on a cable like the tv? if so then this router will not work.:( However since it is a cable router it should have a web based setup page,right? By going into the router security tab on that page seanie should be able to do something to solve his issue;)

Yep, caseys is cable like UPC

can sum1 help me plz,how can i turn off the wireless connection on my modem its a scientific atlanta epc2434 model??????????,and 1 more question stupid 1 but yano urself how do i access the settings on my modem,thankin you in advance

Firstly, connect the router directly to your computer using an Ethernet connection.

Secondly, get the internal IP address of the router so we can get into the settings page and disable WiFi (wireless).

Tip: The Internal IP address can be found by going to Start -> Run -> cmd and typing "ipconfig". The results will give various details but you want to look for the "Default Gateway" which will be similar, maybe even exactly, to 192.168.0.1.

Thirdly, Open up your browser and type in http://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX (replace the Xs with the internal IP address you got in step 1. So for example, http://192.168.0.1). You will be asked to login with a user/pass. It might be "admin/admin" or "admin / W2402" or "admin/password" (the commonly default passwords for routers).

Finally, you are now in the settings page for your router. I cant go any further as I haven't a manual or screenshots of your admin page. But there will be an area in the settings to turn off the WiFi. You will also have settings to put a "password" on your WiFi so nobody can use it without.

Please bare in mind that this isn't the best forum for Technical Support. If you want, ill move your posts into the appropriate forum which will offer you assistance if they can and when they have time. Otherwise, I suggest calling your internet provider.

People have lives and post here freely, and voluntarily. If they can answer it, they will, and when they have time. If they don't reply, don't get rude as it will further turn people away from helping you. Just move on.

A reminder, txt spk isn't welcome on Boards.ie. We ask that people use the full keyboard in front of them and not abbreviate the majority of the words they type out. Why? Because its not a text message - you have plenty of room to type away and it wont cost you a cent. Its easier for everyone to read also.

Cheers.

Would a DSL router work on a cable network?

Cable and DSL are two different types of service, so its unlikely your router will support both. Whats the router and model number?

Firstly, connect the router directly to your computer using an Ethernet connection.

Secondly, get the internal IP address of the router so we can get into the settings page and disable WiFi (wireless).

Tip: The Internal IP address can be found by going to Start -> Run -> cmd and typing "ipconfig". The results will give various details but you want to look for the "Default Gateway" which will be similar, maybe even exactly, to 192.168.0.1.

Thirdly, Open up your browser and type in http://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX (replace the Xs with the internal IP address you got in step 1. So for example, http://192.168.0.1). You will be asked to login with a user/pass. It might be "admin/admin" or "admin / W2402" or "admin/password" (the commonly default passwords for routers).

Finally, you are now in the settings page for your router. I cant go any further as I haven't a manual or screenshots of your admin page. But there will be an area in the settings to turn off the WiFi. You will also have settings to put a "password" on your WiFi so nobody can use it without.

Please bare in mind that this isn't the best forum for Technical Support. If you want, ill move your posts into the appropriate forum which will offer you assistance if they can and when they have time. Otherwise, I suggest calling your internet provider.

People have lives and post here freely, and voluntarily. If they can answer it, they will, and when they have time. If they don't reply, don't get rude as it will further turn people away from helping you. Just move on.

A reminder, txt spk isn't welcome on Boards.ie. We ask that people use the full keyboard in front of them and not abbreviate the majority of the words they type out. Why? Because its not a text message - you have plenty of room to type away and it wont cost you a cent. Its easier for everyone to read also.

Cheers.
    look i wasnt being rude for the last time it was meant as a joke as we are getting close to the end of the year do everyone get it now

look i wasnt being rude for the last time it was meant as a joke as we are getting close to the end of the year do everyone get it now

Okay, no fear. Did the instructions I gave work?

Cable and DSL are two different types of service, so its unlikely your router will support both. Whats the router and model number?

I wasn't asking for help :) I just found it strange the suggestion that was made.

I wasn't asking for help :) I just found it strange the suggestion that was made.

Ooops :)

• Advertisement

Cheers.
    cheers for the help dude just done it there and it worked

Advertisement