Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History and Structure of Irish Education Exam for foreign-trained teachers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

pm me your email address

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jac0232

Hey is there any chance i can get some of the notes of you??

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Sheliz

Would you still have your notes? Many thanks.

QUOTE=NoelleTh;78071565]Hi,
    I sat the exam last November and I did very little study for it, I literally wrote everything I knew on both topics down and I passed! I still have the notes I studied from so just pm me and I'll forward them on to anyone who wants them!

Re the teaching council and getting your money refunded, I was still being paid the unqualified rate after I had been recognised and I had to do all the chasing to get it back BUT I did get it back! You will only get it back from the September of the school year you do the exam i.e. if you do it in April 2012 you should get it refunded from September 2011. I hope I explained that well but all things Teaching Council seem to be very complicated :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ilove

Hi
    I am sitting this exam in a couple of weeks. I am not sure what to expect. I was wondering would you be ble to send me your notes.I would be very grateful.

I would be very grateful if you could sent me on your notes too. Many thanks

Pm me your email address and I'll forward on my notes from a few years ago.

I've forwarded them on to over 30 posters on the forum already & they seem to help get the job done.

Could you sent them to me too? I'd really appreciate it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

If anyone wants the notes, just PM (private message) me your email address and I'll send them on

• Registered Users Posts: 7 v086

Hi all, when I was doing the exam last year a really lovely person on this thread helped me out and sent me their notes.

I then created my own essay-style notes and passed!

So, if anyone needs my notes then just PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ski123

Hi I was just wondering if you could pass on your notes? I have the exam next week.
    Thanks;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 fionac26

Hello,
    I would be so grateful if you have any notes on this exam . I need to do the exam before next November. I see that you have forwarded them to other posters. Would you mind forwarding them to me as well?
    Fiona

Can you send me your email address and i'll forward the notes onto you? thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 miodrag

Pm me your email address and I'll forward on my notes from a few years ago.

I've forwarded them on to over 30 posters on the forum already & they seem to help get the job done.

My dear,
    I'm a Romanian Physics teacher, I sent all documents and I have the test on 26 April 2014,,,as I work everyday I need your notes. I read something from John Coolahan,,,but is not time enough for reading more books.
    "<MOD SNIP- Please don't give out your email... use the PM function on boards...click on your name to recieve or send boardsmails"
    Thanks a lot!
    My regards,
    Maria:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 miodrag

I have any chance to teach in Ireland, after all the procedure will finish?
    I'm working for this registration since 2012, and after "Aptitude test" it will take a long time I think, to find a job. I"m teaching In Romania, since 1982, and I'm curious if this "adventure" with registration and aptitude test, is a real way to find a job in education in Ireland,,or just a way to spend money?
    Is anybody , ready to clear my mind, with what will be ?

Thanks!
    Maria:)

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭dutopia

My wife who is a non native English speaker is sitting this exam and she's having a little difficulty with the language used in the papers. If anyone can share any summaries or notes they worked on which helped them I'd really appreciate you PMing them over to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 alynch

If anyone wants the notes, just PM (private message) me your email address and I'll send them on

Hi, I've sent you a private message but just found out today that I've got the exam on Saturday and am freaking out.

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 43 nicfd

Joining the freak out crew :( just started into studying and there is so much to do for Saturday :( can't seem to fit everything in and this is the first time in my life i've ever left studying for anything this late - mini palpitations!! I've sent PMs to everyone who posted on this and got a response from one so thank you for that.

good luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 alynch

Glad to see that I'm not alone! 4 days was not enough I think to make all this stuff go into my head! Panic stations now. Finding that I can't even remember how to write an essay style answer in pen anymore. Don't know how long it will take me to write everything I remember or how many pages would be acceptable...Fingers and toes crossed for Saturday!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 quinn1

NoelleTh wrote: »
    Hi,
    I sat the exam last November and I did very little study for it, I literally wrote everything I knew on both topics down and I passed! I still have the notes I studied from so just pm me and I'll forward them on to anyone who wants them!

Hi NoelleTh,

I'm not sure how to PM's :-( Would you mind forwarding on your notes to me please? My exam is in November!

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭brónaim cád??

Who has to do this? I hope I don't. Did you get a letter in the post?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Who has to do this? I hope I don't. Did you get a letter in the post?

Anyone who received their diploma outside of the Republic. It is necessary for full registration with TC.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭brónaim cád??

I trained in the UK. I didn't get any letter or notification of it. I think it may be for secondary teachers.

http://www.teachingcouncil.ie/latest-news/history-and-structure-of-irish-education-%E2%80%93-aptitude-test.443.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 muinteoir89

Would anyone have any essays/notes prepared? have the test in 7 days but i teach monday to friday and its early on sat morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Emmarpower

PM me your email address & ill send you on my notes

Is it possible for you to send me on the notes for this? I would be so grateful!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,086 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Emmarpower wrote: »
    Is it possible for you to send me on the notes for this? I would be so grateful!

Please PM as requested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Aniabst

Hi all
    I was wondering whether you still had the notes that you studied from for the history and structure exam? If so, would you be willing to send them to me as well? I would really appreciate them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bernadette2901

Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone would have any essays for History and Structure of Irish Education Exam. I am due to sit this in April and am looking for somewhere to start. It would be much appreciated :-)

Many thanks,

Louise

• Registered Users Posts: 3 fionac26

Sure just sent me your email

• Registered Users Posts: 1 odriscg

Hi

I am sitting the History and structure of Irish education exam in April and would appreciate any notes.
    Much appreciated

Thanks

Gearoid

• Registered Users Posts: 11 nmafox

Hello, I am just wondering if anyone would have the book " Irish Education History & Structure " by John Coolahan that they want to part with, or if they could recommend anything I should be reading to prep for this. if I only studied that book I wonder would it be enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1 vconnolly55

Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone still has their notes from the exam would they be willing to email me their notes, I have the exam in April and have downloaded all the reading lists.

Thanks a million,

Vanessa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Nicor

Hi
    Am sitting the exam in April and wondered if anyone would be willing to e-mail me their notes. I have the books but it is a VERY long time since I last wrote an exam.
    Thanks
    Nicky

Advertisement