Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

08-10-2020, 18:24   #1606
mozie81

For sure.. Vectrex scene is gone a bit nuts of late for some of the homebrew stuff, most of it will get either a rerelease or an alternative release at some stage, Patience is required for sure!
Advertisement
08-10-2020, 20:26   #1607
CiDeRmAn
Category Moderator

I was just chatting with the chap who wrote Stramash Zone, invited him to come visit... so put on your best clothes, be nice, and don't let me down!
Thanks from:
08-10-2020, 21:17   #1608
eddhorse

Send a message via ICQ to eddhorse
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownFinger View Post
So who bought it?
09-10-2020, 13:32   #1609
Jack burton

I tried and failed
09-10-2020, 23:44   #1610
Doge

BGOllie is like the human form of a CRT Regenerater!
Thanks from:
Advertisement
11-10-2020, 14:04   #1611
Doge

Heads up for anyone that owns an Oculus Quest or a Rift.

Path of the Warrior is on sale for €13.99 on the Quest store.

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/q...2870023439846/

It's cross buy so that if you buy it on the quest store you get the rift version free when you search for it on the rift store after buying it on the quest store. You do not need a quest to buy it.

It's like jumping into the world of streets of rage or double dragon in VR!

Thanks from:
15-10-2020, 00:29   #1612
kevin2me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post

It's cross buy so that if you buy it on the quest store you get the rift version free when you search for it on the rift store after buying it on the quest store. You do not need a quest to buy it.

Got my Quest 2 today, and went to buy it, its back up to 20e. doh. thanks doh... Game any good?

Man this quest 2 is amazing, between large floor area box you can set, camera out if bounds box, and remotes are like two wiimotes on steriods with accurate 1 to 1 tracking is freakishly accurate.

Best of all Vader immortal and this VR headset goes down in my all time wow moments in gaming.
I literally nearly fell over as went to lean on part of the ship at one stage it was that real feeling.

Highly recommend it...
(4) thanks from:
15-10-2020, 11:14   #1613
o1s1n

Imagine traveling back in time and giving a Quest 2 with Path of the Warrior to your younger self while he was playing Streets of Rage.

'hey Kid, try this!'

/brain melts

Was playing my friends Quest last week, had me set up in a flight sim. Can't remember what it was called but the realism was absolutely ridiculous. Really did feel like I was in a cockpit.
Thanks from:
15-10-2020, 11:48   #1614
Dr Bob
Shh.. Not a Doctor.

Quote:

Gahh as a Vive owner I'm a bit pissed off as its an oculus 'exclusive'.
Still my son's getting a Quest 2 off Santa , so might persuade him to let me try it.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
16-10-2020, 09:16   #1615
Doge

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2me View Post
Got my Quest 2 today, and went to buy it, its back up to 20e. doh. thanks doh... Game any good?

Man this quest 2 is amazing, between large floor area box you can set, camera out if bounds box, and remotes are like two wiimotes on steriods with accurate 1 to 1 tracking is freakishly accurate.

Best of all Vader immortal and this VR headset goes down in my all time wow moments in gaming.
I literally nearly fell over as went to lean on part of the ship at one stage it was that real feeling.

Highly recommend it...
I haven't got the quest 2 yet, it's on the way, but bought the game on sale in advance. Can't wait to play it.
19-10-2020, 10:15   #1616
kevin2me

Quote:
I haven't got the quest 2 yet, it's on the way, but bought the game on sale in advance. Can't wait to play it.
Vadar Immortal 1-2-3 are 8e each, so far completed episode 1 and it was amazing, so well done.

I had 3.5 sq meter boundary but it's even cooler if you could get 7x7 meter boundary, I even tried it outside when it cloudy to m=not damage the lenses and its so realistic walking from A to B.

Echo VR is a lot of fun too, if you've seen or read Enders Game, its basically this and its free.

Starting Robo Recall tonight and the new walking dead game.

Next up, i hear Dolphin VR allows you to play GC\Wii games in VR too, must research that one.
Thanks from:
26-10-2020, 20:21   #1617
Gradius

https://m.ebay.fr/itm/-/284058152171...&ul_noapp=true

Very unusual to see these anymore, the Capcom cased Varth. Only one I've ever seen for sale actually.

Is it worth it? Maybe, it's not robbery at least. Will be a long time before you see one again, and Varth is like an hour long shooter, so it has good mileage.

I'd have jumped on this except I've got other arcade stuff on the go that's going to suck up money.
26-10-2020, 21:01   #1618
o1s1n

Funnily enough I was only just looking at a Varth pcb over on Arcade Otaku which still had a functioning suicide battery too. Looking for 300 euro.

Didn't have that case, in fact I don't think I've seen one of them for sale myself in a long time too. That's very tempting alright.
26-10-2020, 21:58   #1619
Gradius

He had it listed originally at 350 buy it now/make offer. I reckon a solid offer will get him to part with it as he's obviously not expecting something stupid.

The real rarity is that blue rental cps that Capcom put out. Tried to find a picture but cant. Rare!

Another oddball is the home console that Capcom released, the cps power changer (?). Goes for mental money. Basically a supergun for cps games. I think you could only buy them off Capcom directly.

Capcom made cool stuff

Here's a video

(2) thanks from:
26-10-2020, 22:39   #1620
geotrig

I used to have a few pictures of the blue CPS s somewhere( as close as I've gotten to owning one)and there Is a few over this side of the world , mainly French collections though..
I'm fairly sure Japj a c designed ,built ,sold and bought all the CPS changers... P)
Varths a funny one, never been hard to find but never loads on sale either and hasn't seen the increases in price like the rest of CPS stuff and rightly so it's very average game, there is quiet a few decased ones about ( similar to cps1. 5s )

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion