Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Quackster wrote: »
    Have an AIB credit card and if you're making a payment to it from a non-Irish account, you have to use a separate specific IBAN to the IBAN for making payments from Irish accounts. Don't know why this is but maybe BOI are the same. Worth checking with them.

It worked before though?

Anyway put my card number in the 'To' field and it worked.

The sooner I can move my credit card to N26 or Revolut, I can leave BOI once and for all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

andrew1977 wrote: »
    Trying to help a family member out , and looking for some help from you please.

She is getting 1500 euro sent to her revolut account (standard user) and wants to transfer this into her back account.

I assume she will get hit with fees for this transfer? , how much would she have to pay and any tips to get round it if this is the case ?

Thanks a lot.

if shes recieving it in Euros and withdrawing it to an Irish bank i dont think there will be any fees on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    if shes recieving it in Euros and withdrawing it to an Irish bank i dont think there will be any fees on it?

Thanks, yes it will be sent to here from another revolut user and she will then withdraw it to her back again.
    She hasn't received the 1500 yet, just wants to be sure she can then transfer it into her back account with no costs incurred as a standard user.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

Thanks, yes it will be sent to here from another revolut user and she will then withdraw it to her back again.
    She hasn't received the 1500 yet, just wants to be sure she can then transfer it into her back account with no costs incurred as a standard user.

get her to do a test for it and try send 1,500e to her bank now, itll say if there are costs before you do the transfer

get her to do a test for it and try send 1,500e to her bank now, itll say if there are costs before you do the transfer

Thanks, she hasn't received the 1500 as yet into her revolut as yet, and doesn't want to receive the payment that way if she is going to get hit with fees for bank transfer.
    The 1500 she is due to receive is for an important payment which she has to pay on to somebody else /or withdraw it from an ATM, but afraid she will get hit with cost, she hasn't got much cash to spare, so losing out will hurt her financially.
    Its a complicated situation ! The other person wont do a bank transfer to her own account .

Thanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭msmx5

Thanks, she hasn't received the 1500 as yet into her revolut as yet, and doesn't want to receive the payment that way if she is going to get hit with fees for bank transfer.
    The 1500 she is due to receive is for an important payment which she has to pay on to somebody else /or withdraw it from an ATM, but afraid she will get hit with cost, she hasn't got much cash to spare, so losing out will hurt her financially.
    Its a complicated situation ! The other person wont do a bank transfer to her own account.

I think wuff wuff mean that if you start the process of sending €1500 (even if the funds aren't there) it brings you to a final transaction summary screen where you Review the transfer before pressing "Send" here it will indicate if there is a fee. I have a standard account and went that far just now and it says its free if that's any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

Revolut will not charge anything for it.

See 'Local payments in your base currency' at https://www.revolut.com/en-IE/legal/fees

• Registered Users Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Its a complicated situation ! The other person wont do a bank transfer to her own account .

Thanks again.

There will be charges to withdraw cash from an ATM. This all sounds a bit ropey. Is it all above board?

McGaggs wrote: »
    There will be charges to withdraw cash from an ATM. This all sounds a bit ropey. Is it all above board?

100% above board , long story for her and an ex husband ! She’s as trustworthy as the day is long , he’s the slippery one !

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭glack

I’m trying to send money to someone - over €100. It has triggered an email verification. But the email is not coming through - not in spam either. Any suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

100% above board , long story for her and an ex husband ! She’s as trustworthy as the day is long , he’s the slippery one !

I was more worried that she was about to be scammed somehow.

McGaggs wrote: »
    I was more worried that she was about to be scammed somehow.

Oh she was scammed alright .. the day she walked up the aisle with him .

Thanks for the help .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

If the account is new receiving and immediately withdraw to a bank account might trigger an temporary block on the account with money laundering questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Always worked before but getting an AIB refusal (not possible returning you to vendor) on Revolut when requesting transfer from AIB visa debit.
    Any thoughts b4 i phone them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Hi. I have a substantial amount of euro that has to be exchanged to stg in the app. I heard you get a better exchange rate in the app on weekdays so would I be better off waiting until tomorrow as its a back holiday today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Hi. I have a substantial amount of euro that has to be exchanged to stg in the app. I heard you get a better exchange rate in the app on weekdays so would I be better off waiting until tomorrow as its a back holiday today.

It's not a bank holiday in UK.

I need to exchange 1500 euros to stg but once i go above 500 in the app revolut is including a charge . Is this new? I've exchanged similar ammounts in the past without any charge.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

The standard account only has fx free up to a €1000 per month now, after that you will incur a 0.5% charge. Theo’s was started In August for some and September for others.

Found this new info

"Remember, if you exchange more than €1,000 during the month (in foreign exchange, cryptocurrency or precious metals), a fair usage fee of 0.5% will begin to apply in addition to the fees below. You can avoid this fair usage fee by signing up to a Metal or Premium plan and receiving unlimited exchange."

When you look into it further it's 1% on the weekends and bank holidays

I can confirm the charge was 0.5 % with a 50p transaction fee to transfer the money to a UK bank account....still good value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

If I have an upcoming direct debit coming from the account, will it take it from another currently if not enough in my € balance or should I exchange other currency to € now? Any benefit either way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

PopTarts wrote: »
    If I have an upcoming direct debit coming from the account, will it take it from another currently if not enough in my € balance or should I exchange other currency to € now? Any benefit either way?

It will take it from whatever currency has enough for the payment, it will not spilt it between two currencies. No need to convert if it's enough to cover it

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭msmx5

I can confirm the charge was 0.5 % with a 50p transaction fee to transfer the money to a UK bank account....still good value.

Probably too late now as you appear to have made the exchange but if you exchanged €1000 today and the remaining €500 at the *start of the next month you might have avoided the fee.

* To find out when your month begins go to your profile section of the app and under the Limits section click on either the "ATM" or "Currency Exchange" tile to find the "Limit Refresh date"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭gussieg

Hello just lately last few weeks, I've been getting update ID request emails from them, yet when I go into the revolut app, it doesn't seem to have anywhere to update them in.
    I did recently swap phone handsets with the app installed on it, could that be why?
    They keep threatening to stop me using it in the emails, and how do I get through to chat? Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Stewball

gussieg wrote: »
    Hello just lately last few weeks, I've been getting update ID request emails from them, yet when I go into the revolut app, it doesn't seem to have anywhere to update them in.
    I did recently swap phone handsets with the app installed on it, could that be why?
    They keep threatening to stop me using it in the emails, and how do I get through to chat? Thanks in advance.

I got a request a few weeks ago, uploaded my passport details and I've just got another today - something about Brexit...

Why do they keep asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Stewball wrote: »
    I got a request a few weeks ago, uploaded my passport details and I've just got another today - something about Brexit...

Why do they keep asking?

I’ve been getting it the last year +, had updated my ID about a month before that. They’ve not done anything about it, just a reminder everytime I go on the app and an occasional email.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Hi all can I lodge cash via BOI pass machine directly to a Revolut account and will it be instant or the same as a transfer via online account taking 24/36 hrs?

moonshadow wrote: »
    Hi all can I lodge cash via BOI pass machine directly to a Revolut account and will it be instant or the same as a transfer via online account taking 24/36 hrs?

No , they are a physical cash less bank.

You'll need someone to lodge to their BOI or other account and electronically transfer to your revolut account

Pleasant suprise to see a same day transfer show from PTSB to Revolut.

Not instant but made a payment from PTSB app last night (so would be processed today) and it showed in Revolut this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Stewball

Pleasant suprise to see a same day transfer show from PTSB to Revolut.

Not instant but made a payment from PTSB app last night (so would be processed today) and it showed in Revolut this morning.

I've noticed slightly quicker transfer times from PTSB to Revolut & N26 too.

Made a transfer from PTSB to N26 last night - it was in the account this morning.
    I also made a transfer from BOI to PTSB - still waiting for it to arrive.

Advertisement