Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Christmas Forum Stats Updates

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,120 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Loughc wrote: »
    October is now the busiest month this year surpassing the previous busiest Sept yesterday.

and with 9 days of posting to go too.... wow!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

October is now the busiest month this year surpassing the previous busiest Sept yesterday.

I'll go out on a limb and say Nov is going to be even busier with everything else going on (or not going on!).

Will have to start checking in at the weekend at this rate :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

This month is on steroids!

It turns out lockdown and dark evenings caused us all to flock here.

So with 1.5 days left in the month this is now the busiest month EVER for the Christmas forum, surpassing the previous total aby 250 posts.

It is also 1.5k ahead of last years October. We have surpassed the total for all prior years except 2019. And are currently 3k ahead of last year, year to date.

We'll only have stubs left for fingers by Christmas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

The stats and the moon this evening has cheered me right up :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

SarahLil wrote: »
    The stats and the moon this evening has cheered me right up :)

The moon is simply stunning tonight. I love a full moon.

So October ended with 1,634 posts more than October last year. This October was the busiest month ever on record for us by 343 posts, surpassing the previously busiest November 2019.

We are now 1,400 posts behind last years total with 2 months to go.

So October ended with 1,634 posts more than October last year. This October was the busiest month ever on record for us by 343 posts, surpassing the previously busiest November 2019.

I'm going to say nothing and not tempt fate!

We'll pass that 2019 total this month, especially if we get some more adverts, songs, movies on our radar so to speak as we get closer to c-day!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I hope we never surpass 2020's posts and have a pandemic free forum from 2021. :pac:

• Advertisement

Posy wrote: »
    I hope we never surpass 2020's posts and have a pandemic free forum from 2021. :pac:

Would be nice to remember 2020 for something else wouldn't it!

I second this hope :)

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭joebloggs123

What percentage of the posts are between 9-5, Monday - Friday? :-)

Thankfully I don’t have that stat.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

About 2% of mine, I don't post much during work, sadly. Must up my game! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Jude13

My work week starts on Sunday and I get in super early, one to get a jump on the day, and another to read and post. So I will keep the Christmas train on the tracks for Sunday's.

About 2% of mine, I don't post much during work, sadly. Must up my game! :pac:

About 98% of mine. Mainly due to family commitments in the evening and trying to stay off online at weekends.

I'm sure my boss wouldn't mind as it's good for my mental health. This is my get away from work, family, pandemic etc.

TRS30 wrote: »
    About 98% of mine. Mainly due to family commitments in the evening and trying to stay off online at weekends.

I'm sure my boss wouldn't mind as it's good for my mental health. This is my get away from work, family, pandemic etc.

I have a good routine, I start work at 7.30am, blast through a load of work, check in on boards at 9am.

In the new ways of working the traditional 9-5 is dead, it's very much flexi-time so just cause people are on during 9-5 times doesn't mean their work isn't getting done... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

I am usually a once a day and week day Boardie.
    Great to login and seeing all the buzz that goes on in the evenings/nights and week-ends !

This is my get away from work, family, pandemic etc.
    Lol ! We won't tell your family so ! :D

• Advertisement

I have a good routine, I start work at 7.30am, blast through a load of work, check in on boards at 9am.

In the new ways of working the traditional 9-5 is dead, it's very much flexi-time so just cause people are on during 9-5 times doesn't mean their work isn't getting done... :)

This.
    otnomart wrote: »
    Lol ! We won't tell your family so ! :D

Fun thing is my OH is always asking me Christmas things and says 'Ask you friends on Boards' :)

Fun thing is my OH is always asking me Christmas things and says 'Ask you friends on Boards' :)
    That's gas !

We have now surpassed April 2020 total post numbers after 3 days.

We have now surpassed April 2020 total post numbers after 3 days.

We have now surpassed May & June's total post numbers after 4 days :)

We have now surpassed May & June's total post numbers after 4 days :)

Have a feeling this is gonna be big!!!

DvB wrote: »

Epic!

DvB wrote: »

That's what she said :pac:

Yesterday was the 3rd busiest day for the forum. The sudden ChristmasFM launch brought alot of traffic!

September had the busiest and October had the 2nd busiest.

A lot of 'stat attacks' these days, which can only be a good thing :)

• Advertisement

So after 7 days we have surpassed the individual total of posts of each month from Feb-Aug.

Advertisement