Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

occupational pension scheme maths help.

• 20-10-2020 9:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭

I've paid 6% into it and employer matched for 25 years.

So say my pension is worth 300K on retirement. My yearly salary on retirement id 50K.

I can take 75K(50*1.5) tax free as a lump sum i understand that. The part I'm not sure of is can just take the remaing 225K as a lump sum and is it just 20% tax they charge on the 225K?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

you will have various options on retirement

if you take the 1.5 x Salary the rest has to be put in an annuity

the alternative is to take 25% of your fund value as tax free cash and the rest can be invested in an ARF/AMRF or taken as a taxable sum if you can prove a gauranteed income of €12,700 or already have €63,500 in an AMRF

(i think, someone please correct me if im wrong)

Advertisement