Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New ringroad or infrastructure project?

Options
  • 22-09-2020 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what the big building project is that starts at back of Beechfield onto Ongar to Clonee road?
    It then crosses over Lucan to Ongar road near Kribensis Manor and then onto Dunboyne to Maynooth road near R&R golf course.

New link road or part of the new water treatment facilities?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

ongarite wrote: »
    Anyone know what the big building project is that starts at back of Beechfield onto Ongar to Clonee road?
    It then crosses over Lucan to Ongar road near Kribensis Manor and then onto Dunboyne to Maynooth road near R&R golf course.

New link road or part of the new water treatment facilities?

I posted a couple of months back about a proposed roundabout being installed at the Leixlip/Lucan road junction on the Ongar to Clonee road along with footpath works to connect both villages and also facilitate new housing at Williamstown Stud adjacent to Kribensis Manor. I'd be surprised it got approval already.

Not sure how that ties into the lands behind Beechfield. Maybe it is part of utilities/ water development for future housing needs? I can see all the remaining greenfield land between Ongar and Clonee developed in the next few years.

Edit: I did some digging in Meath Co. Council planning files and the development I mention above was actually granted last February so maybe what you're seeing is in fact the commencement of this development.

Planning reference: RA191224

Must take a spin down that way soon to see as I haven't been to Clonee since well before COVID!

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Bargain_Hound

I drove down from Ongar to Clonee this morning and spotted an Irish water infrastructure sign next to the entrance on the left hand side of the works. Same site where the above PP for development exists.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

The same planning application reference is on the Fingal CoCo site also. There are 32 houses to be built. Can you see who the developers of this project are?

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭d15ude

ongarboy wrote: »

Edit: I did some digging in Meath Co. Council planning files and the development I mention above was actually granted last February so maybe what you're seeing is in fact the commencement of this development.

Planning reference: RA191224

Must take a spin down that way soon to see as I haven't been to Clonee since well before COVID!

They finally put a roundabout at L2223 & R149.
    Good news!

."..the provision of a four-arm roundabout at the L2223 (Clonee to Clonsilla Road) and R149 (Lucan Road) Junction to the north of the site with associated pedestrian and cycle infrastructure"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

I always hoped they'd eventually put a roundabout at that junction, even one of those flat white circular ones. Trying to turn onto the Clonee/Ongar road from the Lucan direction at rush hour is a real test of patience as you wait for a gap or for someone to let you out.

So the current works there aren't more housing, but traffic management works?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭Polar101

A roundabout there would definitely make sense. I thought it was poor planning that they built new estates, but didn't do anything to upgrade the "back road" infrastructure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Polar101 wrote: »
    A roundabout there would definitely make sense. I thought it was poor planning that they built new estates, but didn't do anything to upgrade the "back road" infrastructure.

They will wait until there loads of estates built and the the land available to do a major road upgrade is gone before deciding to do something.

You can see it all over. Lots of new housing, traffic building and no real plan with regard to the road infrastructure.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    I always hoped they'd eventually put a roundabout at that junction, even one of those flat white circular ones. Trying to turn onto the Clonee/Ongar road from the Lucan direction at rush hour is a real test of patience as you wait for a gap or for someone to let you out.

So the current works there aren't more housing, but traffic management works?

The planning for the houses on that corner include provision of a roundabout.

529057.jpg

Much as I'd be pleased to see a roundabout there, I'm bracing myself for the winter months of inevitable sh!te tailbacks and stop/go systems as they build it, and the houses beside it. :D:D

I hope they will put some street lights also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

There's a few different developments to go there - the one mentioned in the above planning reference, which is effectively bordering the north of "Holsteiner Park", which itself is an extension of the (pre last recession) "Kribensis Manor" - Holsteiner and Kribensis will eventually be joined by more homes in a 99 house development, with this one then beside it and major road upgrades planned around the whole thing.

Even before all that, a roundabout on that junction is badly needed. Often have to cross it on the way to and from St Catherine's Park and it's a pain. Also plenty of cyclists on those roads and they're not the safest, especially considering it's effectively another link road between Clonee and Ongar.

Was driving through the area recently and amused to see the abundance of county border signs they've put up everywhere, presumably to aid us in Covid restrictions. You can't help but leave one county and re-enter it down the road as you drive along.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

I've always had trouble with that junction, it's definitely not suited to the current volume of cars using it, it used to be much worse before they started trimming back the hedges.

I have to say, I do feel sorry for the people who live in that nice house on the corner of that junction, not only will they have months of hugely disruptive and loud roadworks literally feet from their windows, but I'd imagine when they bought/built that house, they didn't envisage living right on top of what will be a pretty busy roundabout. :(

But they do have a cool predator statue, always makes me smile when I see it.

liamog wrote: »
    But they do have a cool predator statue, always makes me smile when I see it.

I love that statue!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭rameire

https://www.meath.ie/notices/proposed-temporary-closure-of-road-in-connection-with-a-sewerage-connection-on-the-l-2223-clonee?fbclid=IwAR3sjA5oZhqx0z-e_6j7PsQh3NaEJYEBcACczBFcGM_87PP31q5mM2F0Pco

The road in question in this thread L-2223 will be closed.

Details
    Closure will be from 6.00am on Monday, 23rd November 2020 until 12.00am on Thursday, 26th November 2020.

Anybody wishing to take the back road to Lucan and Leixlip from Ongar area will have to divert through Clonee.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

I see the closure is for Irish Water works rather than putting in the roundabout mentioned above. They'll probably close it again sometime soon for the latter work!
    Meath County Council has made an order to temporarily close the L-2223 Clonee, County Meath from its junction with the R149 to the County Meath / County Dublin Boundary to facilitate works being undertaken on behalf of Irish Water.

The R149 (the back road from Ongar/Clonee to Lucan) is going to be closed from tomorrow 8th June for the next two weeks. I use that road daily for work. I guess our alternatives are to take either the M50, or go over the railway bridge in Clonsilla and out by Westmanstown to get to Lucan?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

If traffic holdup is your main concern, I would head out M3 to Dunboyne train station and then take road to Maynooth.
    At bottom the hill, go straight instead of going sharp right and you will be very near Intel in Leixlip if you need to hit M7 or M50.

Ah it's not so much the traffic as the best alternative to take. I have a feeling that any route will be busy, as that road is a busy little stretch at rush hours morning and evening so if it's closed, all alternatives are going to be heavier. I'm not the best at driving off the cuff on unfamiliar routes so will probably take the railway bridge/Westmanstown route to Lucan.

• Advertisement

What's the road closure for?

I've no idea but my thought is it's something to do with services for that new development on the road by the turn-off: is it called The Gallops?...

Although I had noted much more standing water on that stretch of road during the winter after rainfall. Maybe it's drainage for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,797 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

The closure is to bring the previously discussed waste water pipeline across that road and tie it in.

I notice Google Maps must have had a recent image update, the entire route of said pipeline being excavated is clearly visible from Leixlip water works, for anyone interested in such things.

Larbre34 wrote: »
    I notice Google Maps must have had a recent image update, the entire route of said pipeline being excavated is clearly visible from Leixlip water works, for anyone interested in such things.

Very cool looking. Seems to have updated a very wide area, I just fell down a rabbit hole of looking in gardens for miles around! :D

Nijmegen wrote: »
    Very cool looking. Seems to have updated a very wide area, I just fell down a rabbit hole of looking in gardens for miles around! :D

Did you see me giving you the finger from mine! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 nutcrackers

Hi everyone, is there any info on the new development on that road? I can see it’s “the gallops” and will be 5 beds, but can’t find anything on the internet about it. Thanks I’m advance.

Hi everyone, is there any info on the new development on that road? I can see it’s “the gallops” and will be 5 beds, but can’t find anything on the internet about it. Thanks I’m advance.

There will be 12 5-bedrooms, 234 Sq M houses.
    Show house in Sep and house completion in Nov.
    Selling agent: Newcombe in Ongar.
    Price: €900K to €925K

If I had a mil to spend on a 3,000 sq ft gaff, I wouldn't be buying it in a field on a dark dangerous road behind Ongar.

• Advertisement

Larbre34 wrote: »
    If I had a mil to spend on a 3,000 sq ft gaff, I wouldn't be buying it in a field on a dark dangerous road behind Ongar.

Its actually 2500 sq ft. I was hoping it will be around e750K. Perhaps the 30% increase in the building material is reflected in the price.

Advertisement