Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Barnwell, Hansfield, near Ongar, Dublin 15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

Email from Kelly Walsh

NEW 3 & 4 BEDROOM HOMES 

Good afternoon, 

Thank you for registering your interest in Barnwell Park, Hansfield, Dublin 15.

Barnwell Park will be a mix of 3 & 4 bedroom homes and the release is due for 2020 but at present, we have no confirmed date or prices for same. We have registered your details and will be in contact as further information becomes available.

If you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact the office on 01-6645500.

The four show houses at Barnwell Woods (2 x Three Bedroom and 2 x Four Bedroom Homes) are now on sale. 
    Prices as attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 spicebagnoveg

bbari wrote: »
    The four show houses at Barnwell Woods (2 x Three Bedroom and 2 x Four Bedroom Homes) are now on sale. 
    Prices as attached.

Thanks for this! not surprised to see them get reserved so quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭userduluth

bbari wrote: »
    Prices as attached.
    Thanks for this! not surprised to see them get reserved so quickly

I checked immd and 3bed houses and 4bed Ash were showing reserved...wondering how quickly can ppl click :):):)

userduluth wrote: »
    I checked immd and 3bed houses and 4bed Ash were showing reserved...wondering how quickly can ppl click :):):)

Since we're on this topic, does anyone happen to know how quick you have to be to reserve new releases?

Because looking at those 3 and 4 beds, it seems like they were booked within 30 minutes.

• Advertisement

phase 1 released and all are reserved in couple of hours :) looking at the price it seems the HTBuy grant of 30k is added to the price :)

Any one booked these and any idea when the phase 2 will launch?

Barnwell Park:
    3 BEDROOM HOMES
    TYPE SIZE PRICE
    Townhouse
    (Beech Type C) 110 sq. m €345,000 - €355,000
    Semi-Detached
    (Beech Type A) 112 sq. m €369,500 - €385,000
    Double-Fronted
    (Beech Type B) 112 sq. m €395,000 - €399,000
    4 BEDROOM HOMES
    TYPE SIZE PRICE
    Semi-Detached
    (Willow) 144 sq. m €430,000
    Detached
    (Ash) 137 sq. m €475,000 - €485,000

QYKrVwY

• Registered Users Posts: 12 calmness

I got one of the Station Road facing houses. Not too sure if I want to go for it, so thinking of cancelling it.

The next release is months away. This is what the Kelly Walsh folks told.

calmness wrote: »
    I got one of the Station Road facing houses. Not too sure if I want to go for it, so thinking of cancelling it.

Dont know if these Barnwell park houses worth this much when comparing to Hollywoodrath(got email) these are very expensive, Hollywoodrath are bigger houses (120-123 sq.m)

Hollywoodrath:
    The next houses due to be released are 3 x Type G2 three bedroom semi-detached homes (120-123 sq.m) priced from €385,000 and we hope to have a further selection of Type A6 & A7 four bedroom semi-detached homes (142.7sq.m) priced from €435,000 later in March.

Any other developments going in the area which are less than Barnwell park?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

calmness wrote: »

Just an observation but as someone who walked Station Road daily to the station to commute into town pre COVID, I found the earlier phase terraces of homes that front right onto Station Road not very private. The footpaths are 3 feet from the sitting room windows and you invariably see what everyone is doing/watching on TV/eating as you walk by. Some households don't mind that or may opt to close their blinds all day but as it's on what will be an increasingly busier footfall route with all the 6/7 storey apartments being built further south and the post COVID commuter rail traffic/schools return to normal, it's something to consider. A home located within the developments off Station Road would be more preferable in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 calmness

ongarboy wrote: »
    Just an observation but as someone who walked Station Road daily to the station to commute into town pre COVID, I found the earlier phase terraces of homes that front right onto Station Road not very private. The footpaths are 3 feet from the sitting room windows and you invariably see what everyone is doing/watching on TV/eating as you walk by. Some households don't mind that or may opt to close their blinds all day but as it's on what will be an increasingly busier footfall route with all the 6/7 storey apartments being built further south and the post COVID commuter rail traffic/schools return to normal, it's something to consider. A home located within the developments off Station Road would be more preferable in my opinion.

You summed it up well. Not to mention all the noise and dust as the road gets busier. All these reasons are putting me off from proceeding. It can also be a pain to rent or sell in the future. Absolutely no idea why they built these houses this way. Could have easily turned it to face the other side. :facepalm

• Advertisement

Totally agreed. Apart from the privacy, the road is dusty, windows and the door is always full of mud/dust. I know its mainly due to the ongoing construction these days. You never gets to walk thru the "front" door as your parking is on the rear and you walk into the house thru the rear entrance / kitchen etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Energy1

phase 1 released and all are reserved in couple of hours :) looking at the price it seems the HTBuy grant of 30k is added to the price :)

Barnwell Park:
    3 BEDROOM HOMES
    TYPE SIZE PRICE
    Townhouse
    Semi-Detached
    Double-Fronted
    4 BEDROOM HOMES
    TYPE SIZE PRICE
    Semi-Detached
    Detached

QYKrVwY

Is there any brochure or documentation with these prices on them? Thanks

Barnwell Park:
    3 BEDROOM HOMES
    TYPE SIZE PRICE
    Townhouse
    Semi-Detached
    Double-Fronted
    4 BEDROOM HOMES
    TYPE SIZE PRICE
    Semi-Detached
    Detached

QYKrVwY
    Energy1 wrote: »
    Is there any brochure or documentation with these prices on them? Thanks

They will send you the price details in the email when you register with them and also the link to pay the deposit...

Any one with news about the second phase as to when its launching?

Hi everyone, any buyers here currently waiting on EA's to send out the contracts? Only information I have from them is that there's some mapping error and that it would be sent out by today or tomorrow. Was wondering if anyone else have the same issue?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1 RachelRajper

Hi Everyone:

I am also a new buyer in Barnwell park. can anyone make a FB group or whatsapp group for new residents / buyers of Barnwell Park so that we can discuss progress around contracts, keys , snagging , tiling work etc etc. I am fairly new to this new buyer brigade and have no idea what to expect, what not to and what to do, where to start from. It will be of great help to us all.

https://www.daft.ie/for-rent/u-hansfield-station-road-ongar-dublin-15/2944995

I see the first of the new apartment blocks by the train station are available for rent. €1600pm one bed and €1825pm for two beds. Will be interesting to see how quickly they fill up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Has anyone any idea when the next phase of barnwell park is being released?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Phil.x

https://www.daft.ie/for-rent/u-hansfield-station-road-ongar-dublin-15/2944995

I see the first of the new apartment blocks by the train station are available for rent. €1600pm one bed and €1825pm for two beds. Will be interesting to see how quickly they fill up.

Will probably end up full of Hap recipients at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 soulmaker

Hi ,

I have created a Whatsapp Group for Barnwell Park buyers. Maybe it's easy if we all coordinate and get through the further snagging and closing to living.

https:// chat.whatsapp.com /JkvBJhkiLJNBmsXUI0NCo5

Search spiders:
    BarnwellPark Buying
    Barnwell Park Dublin 15
    Hansfield Homes

• Registered Users Posts: 34 aswadref

https://chat.whatsapp.com/JkvBJhkiLJNBmsXUI0NCo5

Is the URL for the what's app group for Barnwell Park guys if anyone wants to join

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 tommyngkl

Hi Everyone:

I am also a new buyer in Barnwell park. can anyone make a FB group or whatsapp group for new residents / buyers of Barnwell Park so that we can discuss progress around contracts, keys , snagging , tiling work etc etc. I am fairly new to this new buyer brigade and have no idea what to expect, what not to and what to do, where to start from. It will be of great help to us all.

Hi Rachel, I'm also one of the new buyer in Barnwell park, created a FB group to connect with our future neighbours. Feel free to join so we can discuss progress and advice
    www. facebook.com/groups/1355005778198595/"

Anyone that has bought in phase 1, have the developers said anything about attic conversions in the 3 bed townhouse? Wondering if it is doable.. thanks!

https://www.dublincycling.com/cycling/pedestrian-gates-sealed-new-housing-development-ongar

I did wonder why those pedestrian gates along Ongar Distributor road are locked. What is the issue that's stopping the developer from opening them? Same with Mount Symon. Is it that some residents want them sealed for child safety reasons?

The amount of times I've seen grown adults trying to squeeze through the 10 inch horizontal gap between the lower wall and railing above it into Mount Symon isn't funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Panda_Spooker

Damo 2k9 wrote: »

When I spoke to the estate agent in January he had said that phase 1 would likely launch in March, phase 2 in April and phase 3 at the end of the summer. But then phase 1 launched a few weeks later in February, so maybe he was just giving me guesses to get me off the phone?

Phase 1 still isn't ready to be moved into, but almost ready, and phase 2 isn't too far behind, so I wouldn't be surprised if phase 2 launches pretty soon.

Have any buyers in phase 1 had their contract signing appointments yet? Or was that all delayed by restrictions?

When I spoke to the estate agent in January he had said that phase 1 would likely launch in March, phase 2 in April and phase 3 at the end of the summer. But then phase 1 launched a few weeks later in February, so maybe he was just giving me guesses to get me off the phone?

Phase 1 still isn't ready to be moved into, but almost ready, and phase 2 isn't too far behind, so I wouldn't be surprised if phase 2 launches pretty soon.

Have any buyers in phase 1 had their contract signing appointments yet? Or was that all delayed by restrictions?
    Great thanks! Hoping the next phase' price's dont rise by €20k like most developments...

I know someone who bought in 1st phase that was hoping to sign contracts this week

Damo 2k9 wrote: »

contacted estate agents during end of Jan for phase 1 and they keep cooking stories about release dates and one fine day got mail they are open and all booked :), now same story with phase 2...usually with every phase they increase price 2-5%

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Qrt

https://www.dublincycling.com/cycling/pedestrian-gates-sealed-new-housing-development-ongar

I did wonder why those pedestrian gates along Ongar Distributor road are locked. What is the issue that's stopping the developer from opening them? Same with Mount Symon. Is it that some residents want them sealed for child safety reasons?

The amount of times I've seen grown adults trying to squeeze through the 10 inch horizontal gap between the lower wall and railing above it into Mount Symon isn't funny!

It’s actually infuriating. New estates like this just shouldn’t be like that. There’s estates in lucan where there’s bus stops right outside people’s houses but it turns into a 10/15 minute walk. Very bad planning.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Crunchy Friends

There's definitely resistance from residents of the estate in terms of opening the gates - child safety, individuals passing through the estate etc. My understanding however is the gates will be opened once the council take the estate in charge. Until then they will remain closed.

Any one from Barnwell Park phase1 got their keys to the house yet?

• Advertisement

Any one from Barnwell Park phase1 got their keys to the house yet?

We're waiting for snagging dates but the builders are delayed because of irish water. Many others are also delayed as well.

They're looking to start launching their second phase soon but haven't even sorted first phase yet

Advertisement