Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

01-11-2019, 19:19   #1
Vicxas

World of Warcraft: Shadowlands

Still on the fence about coming back, but this looks quite interesting.

Advertisement
02-11-2019, 10:24   #2
Kiith

Feature light it seems, but maybe they are focusing on fixing what's there already?
06-11-2019, 15:33   #3
Woshy

I'm really excited about it! I came back to WoW about 5 months ago after 4 years off and I'm really enjoying BfA, even though I know it hasn't been everyone's cup of tea
04-09-2020, 11:04   #4
PropJoe10

BFA has been really enjoyable for me. Shadowlands launching late September so really looking forward to that as well.
04-09-2020, 14:11   #5
Woshy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PropJoe10 View Post
BFA has been really enjoyable for me. Shadowlands launching late September so really looking forward to that as well.
Launch date is October 26th at 11pm Irish time. The pre-patch should be the end of September.

I've booked the day after launch off from work to play. I'll probably regret it though when the servers get crowded and I can't log on! I'm really looking forward to it

The last expansion I played at launch was Warlords of Draenor and I don't remember having too many problems logging on so hopefully it'll be grand

Last edited by Woshy; 04-09-2020 at 14:16.
Advertisement
04-09-2020, 16:53   #6
PropJoe10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woshy View Post
Launch date is October 26th at 11pm Irish time. The pre-patch should be the end of September.

I've booked the day after launch off from work to play. I'll probably regret it though when the servers get crowded and I can't log on! I'm really looking forward to it

The last expansion I played at launch was Warlords of Draenor and I don't remember having too many problems logging on so hopefully it'll be grand
Sorry, that was a typo. Meant October!

Yeah this will be the first one I'll actually play from the start since Pandaria, which I really enjoyed. Gave most of Warlords a pass, and didn't play during Legion at all really. I'm not really an endgame player so most of what I've seen in BFA has been great. The questlines are really cool and the war campaign was great, I thought.

Seems that there's quite a few class changes coming in Shadowlands. Also interested to see how the levelling works - level cap is moving to 50 and when levelling a new toon, you pick an expansion to level in. Really looking forward to that.
11-09-2020, 10:18   #7
Woshy

Me too. I have an alt I've been levelling but am holding off now until the pre-patch.

I don't really do a huge amount of end game stuff either so also enjoyed BFA. I stopped playing a bit into Warlords (I had two babies in quick succession!), missed Legion entirely and came back a year into BFA.

My 7 year old really likes WoW now too so for the first time I'll have an audience when playing a new expansion I think. He plays (with parental controls and supervision) and has a 110 character but we wouldn't buy the new expansion for him but he's going to want to see what it's all about. My husband plays too so it's turning into a fun family thing.
Thanks from:
26-09-2020, 22:46   #8
Lone Stone

resubed getting ready for prepatch cleared out the bank sold most of my matts before they go worthless before shadowlands got a nice 70k out of it hehehe. Not sure which to main going into SL, i usually play boomkin/tank druid. Considering rogue for a change of pace.
Thanks from:
28-09-2020, 10:08   #9
Woshy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Stone View Post
resubed getting ready for prepatch cleared out the bank sold most of my matts before they go worthless before shadowlands got a nice 70k out of it hehehe. Not sure which to main going into SL, i usually play boomkin/tank druid. Considering rogue for a change of pace.
Welcome back! I can't get into the druid at all. I have 5 max level characters (including a druid that I boosted) but I main ret paladin and will keep doing that I think. My husband has had a rogue as a main but recently got into his demon hunter - he's just really enjoying it.

I found out over the weekend that our holiday we already postponed twice and was now supposed to be in January has been postponed again (flight cancellations). So I've cancelled the leave I had booked for that and will take a week off in October for Shadowlands instead - that week coincides with the kids mid-term break which is good I'll have time with them but also means no peace to play!
Advertisement
29-10-2020, 20:49   #10
Glebee

Shadowlands launches 24th Nov 2020.
30-10-2020, 15:46   #11
Kiith

I've gotten a fair few classes to 50 (new max lvl) over the last week, in prep for Shadowlands. Not sure yet what my new main will be, and torn between my Paladin (as it's been my character since day 1), Hunter and Druid.
Thanks from:
31-10-2020, 08:42   #12
Glebee

Time to resub and get ready I guess. Not like there much else to do with my spare time
31-10-2020, 10:48   #13
PropJoe10

Currently experiencing the Legion zones for the first time which is great. They're really nice - the questing is very smooth there, similar to BFA. Really liking this new levelling system they've added!
01-11-2020, 13:12   #14
Glebee

Hate going back into WOW after a long break, always forget my rotations, etc and have to relearn. Its hard to believe that if the 16th Anniversary of WOW. I remember when it was first released I was completely blown away by the game.
17-11-2020, 09:32   #15
Dcully

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glebee View Post
Hate going back into WOW after a long break, always forget my rotations, etc and have to relearn. Its hard to believe that if the 16th Anniversary of WOW. I remember when it was first released I was completely blown away by the game.

No game left such an impression on me as much as wow back then.
Mind blown like yourself.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion