Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

USA Flights not taking off this morning?

Options
  • 14-03-2020 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭

As of 10:16 on 14/3, No USA flights have taken off from Dublin. Anyone heard anything?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,872 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Trump declared a state of emergency so airlines are probably afraid they won't be able to unload passengers if they can land.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Neeson_01

Hi, where did you hear this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭homer911

Speculation ^

Looks like the 9:25 flight is due to take off @ 10:45. Watch this space:

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airports/dub/departures

Still nothing moving. I bought a travel package and as long as the planes are flying I wont get a refund and my insurance wont cover it. I'm on the 16:20 to NY, think I will have to turn up anyway and hope flight is cancelled. I've invested too much in this to walk away

Philadelphia flight is on the move..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Preclearance is taking longer than usual due to restrictions. Many went out 3+ hours late.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭Reati

Ireland and UK added to banned travel list from Monday. Maybe usbp were waiting to see if it was coming in with immediate affect.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,327 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Reati wrote: »
    Ireland and UK added to banned travel list from Monday. Maybe usbp were waiting to see if it was coming in with immediate affect.

+1 Just heard VP Pence on RTE radio news. It's effective midnight Monday night eastern time. Which is 4 a.m. Tuesday morning Irish time. US is now on DST.

So Monday will be the last day for flights to the US. Will cause serious financial pain to IAG (Aer Lingus, Iberia & BA). Expect massive staff layoffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭spideog7

coylemj wrote: »
    So Monday will be the last day for flights to the US.

No indication that flights will actually be cancelled though. The schedule will likely be reduced significantly but the ban only applies to foreign nationals not US citizens and not planes.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,327 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

spideog7 wrote: »
    No indication that flights will actually be cancelled though. The schedule will likely be reduced significantly but the ban only applies to foreign nationals not US citizens and not planes.

BA might provide a reduced service from UK airports but I can't see Aer Lingus flying any planes. Because it would be uneconomic and US citizens can use United or Delta

• Advertisement

My flight was delayed and we just got booted off the plane. Told that there would be no return flight. At least I get a refund now..

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

Will Shannon still allow US Troops to land there or will the government have the ball's to say no.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

homer911 wrote: »
    My flight was delayed and we just got booted off the plane. Told that there would be no return flight. At least I get a refund now..

The flight seems to have taken off - did they just walk around the aircraft and ask all the non US citizens to get off?

Quite a few examples today of people choosing to get off flights to Spain before takeoff for fear of getting stuck out there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 315 ✭✭coinop

Limpy wrote: »
    Will Shannon still allow US Troops to land there or will the government have the ball's to say no.

There is always one perpetually outraged nutter who has to bring politics into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

homer911 wrote: »

So did they let you through customs and then when you were on the plane someone came on and kicked you off before it departed?

Advertisement