Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

secret santa with a stranger

Options
  • 20-10-2020 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭

Hi All :)

Does anyone know a website where i could join to exchange a secret santa gift with a stranger? usually we do secret santa in work and i look forward to that as its nice to have a present to open on christmas morning but as we are working remotely this year it wont be happening. I had a quick look online but couldn't find anything. i don't mind if its an exchange with someone abroad.

Thanks for any info

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭JamBur

That's not a bad idea. I wonder could we do a boards secret Sandra?
    blueb wrote: »
    Hi All :)

Does anyone know a website where i could join to exchange a secret santa gift with a stranger? usually we do secret santa in work and i look forward to that as its nice to have a present to open on christmas morning but as we are working remotely this year it wont be happening. I had a quick look online but couldn't find anything. i don't mind if its an exchange with someone abroad.

Thanks for any info

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

JamBur wrote: »
    That's not a bad idea. I wonder could we do a boards secret Sandra?

It's deffo something we looked into but it's a nightmare now with GDPR.

I proposed a digital gift that you could send as a PM but that is a limited avenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭blueb

I presumed it wouldn't pass GDPR regulation but there may be a site that you allow your info to be used?

Its not the end of the world anyway, i can always get myself something! it just takes away the element of surprise :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

I'm back to the forum to get my fix for winter :D
    Imgur do a SS every year, you can exchange with someone in Ireland or internationally, it's up to you. I partake each year, had a lovely Welsh artist as my SS last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Demonique

Reddit do a secret santa (but it's probably too late to sign up now) and I'm pretty sure imgur is doing a secret santa

Edit: Reddit also do gift exchanges throughout the year iirc

Edit Edit: I was wrong about Reddit, you can sign up for secret santa until the 7th, I just signed up for it, they also currently have a holiday card exchange and an ornament exchange

• Advertisement
Advertisement