Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternative home heating options

• 15-10-2019 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

I have a ten year old house that I plumbed for oil heating, what are the other options to this, I do not have time for solid fuel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,440 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

How much money have you to spend??

If you have money available to upgrade insulation and air tightness then maybe some of the renewables like air or water to heat pumps may be suitable.

But if a house isn’t of sufficient spec these are useless.

If your house is just a standard 10year old spec then it’s oil or gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Brianboy

Brianboy wrote: »
    I have a hen year old house that I plumbed for oil heating, what are the other options to this, I do not have time for solid fuel

Max 2k yearly, good level of insulation, but there is nearly a ten year pay back on a heat pump

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭ercork

Brianboy wrote: »
    Max 2k yearly, good level of insulation, but there is nearly a ten year pay back on a heat pump

Air to air heat pumps are also available. They are a good solution, especially in smaller properties, and cost under 2k to install. They don't provide hot water so you'll need an immersion or something else for that.

Advertisement