Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Range finding binos

• 13-10-2019 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

Any advice on range finding binos whats good and what to stay away from

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭German pointer

Depends on your budget. I got a pair of Leica Geovid for €1500 from the states about €2500 or more here. They're absolutely fabulous I don't think there is anything out there to beat them.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭cz527

Depends on your budget. I got a pair of Leica Geovid for €1500 from the states about €2500 or more here. They're absolutely fabulous I don't think there is anything out there to beat them.

That is what im looking to spend around 1500 give or take.has anyone seen the gpo yeat.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Only set i've ever had was the Bushnell Yardage pro a good few years back. They were good in terms of build quality, ranging accuracy and glass clarity. I tried them against my Leica RF and they always gave the same reading.

They have since stopped making them and changed to a leaner version called the Fusion. Slightly higher magnification and a little less bulky than the yardage pro. I can only guess that they would be as good having never used the new version.

One thing i'll advise and it can be applied to rangefinders as well as RF Binoculars. Don't be lured in by the 1,500yd, 2,000+ abilities. They may very well be able to reach out that far, but you need to read the fine print. It'll only work on these distances on highly reflective surfaces. The ranging ability of them on less reflective items drops considerably. That is, assuming, you can hold a pair of bins steady enough to hit a small target 1500 - 200 yards away. Seen lads try this and claim the RF wasn't working. The books for these devices even say to use a steady platform from which to range items over 1000 yards.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Advertisement