Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Supplementary Panel?

Options
  • 12-10-2019 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

Just a query regarding supplementary panel and panel rights. I'm on my 3rd year out of college. Subbed a few months the first year then got 3 maternity leaves in different schools and have been working full time until last June. Now doing subbing again. I'm still confused about the ins and outs of it? Do I have to have a certain amount of days taught in the same diocese? (Does subbing count?) If I get supplementary panel rights do I have the rights for good or do I have to keep working doing subbing/maternity leaves to keep my place on the supplementary panel or how does it work? Also so I'm on the panel, how do schools contact me regarding CV/interview etc to see if I'm suitable for a full time job in their school? Just pull u off of a list of names? How many candidates are on the supp. panel around?
    You hear about people who are out of college 8+ years and still don't have a permanent job?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Cailin CoisFarraige

zeebre12 wrote: »
    Just a query regarding supplementary panel and panel rights. I'm on my 3rd year out of college. Subbed a few months the first year then got 3 maternity leaves in different schools and have been working full time until last June. Now doing subbing again. I'm still confused about the ins and outs of it? Do I have to have a certain amount of days taught in the same diocese? (Does subbing count?) If I get supplementary panel rights do I have the rights for good or do I have to keep working doing subbing/maternity leaves to keep my place on the supplementary panel or how does it work? Also so I'm on the panel, how do schools contact me regarding CV/interview etc to see if I'm suitable for a full time job in their school? Just pull u off of a list of names? How many candidates are on the supp. panel around?
    You hear about people who are out of college 8+ years and still don't have a permanent job?

Circular 0078/2018 (available on education.ie) sets out the requirements needed to access the supplementary panel. They may change from year to year, but only slightly. It relates to your point on the pay scale and how much you earn in the calendar year.

Having panel rights one year does not give you panel rights again the following year. You have to meet the requirements and apply again.

How many people are on the panel varies greatly from one diocese to another. If you search for "Teacher Allocations" on the department website you can find the figures for this past year.

Once the Main Panel clears, schools are sent a list of names and contact details for people who qualify for Supplementary panel rights. They may contact people they recognise, or teachers who have been recommended by other principals, or they may contact all the teachers on the list and ask them if they have any interest in that school. Teachers on the Supplementary panel can also ask their diocese for a list of schools who have jobs available and make their interest known.

Advertisement