Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Skin trouble

Options
  • 11-10-2019 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,000 ✭✭✭✭

Don't know if this is the correct forum but here goes.
    For a very long time now, I have had rough red and dry skin on my forehead. It looks constantky inflamed. I have tried all the usual skin products for sensitive skin and take fish oil supplements but get no relief.
    Do you think it would be time to see a dermatologist?

To thine own self be true

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

For a very long time now, I have had rough red and dry skin on my forehead. It looks constantky inflamed. I have tried all the usual skin products for sensitive skin and take fish oil supplements but get no relief.

After a very long time?

I would think a visit to a dermatologist or at least your GP would be a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,000 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

igCorcaigh wrote: »

After a very long time?

I would think a visit to a dermatologist or at least your GP would be a good idea.
    I just always wrote it off as sensitive skin.
    Do I need a GP referral for a dermatologist?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I just always wrote it off as sensitive skin.
    Do I need a GP referral for a dermatologist?

I'm not sure.
    Certainly worth looking into though.

Especially if you have already spent money on things that don't work.

Skin issues can be a difficult thing to diagnose and treat, and no one here can offer any medical advice.

If I were you, I'd go to my GP first and ask their advice. Your GP should always be your first point of contact. Lots of people out there will just take your money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Martina1991

If it's just on your forehead it may be due to your shampoo, conditioner, hair dye? Possibly eczema or psoriasis?

As far as I know you'd need a referreral from your GP to see a dermatologist, but maybe someone else here knows for definite.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,000 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

My mum made similar comment about shampoo.
    But I'm very good and use health shop shampoo and don't use dye.
    I've been doing a bit of googling and I'm going to buy Epaderm and try that because it seems recommended by people with eczema.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

My mum made similar comment about shampoo.
    But I'm very good and use health shop shampoo and don't use dye.
    I've been doing a bit of googling and I'm going to buy Epaderm and try that because it seems recommended by people with eczema.

For f...'s sake!

Stop asking Dr Google.
    Stop asking random internet users.
    Go to your doctor.

Advertisement