Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Some selections/tips "nicked" from elsewhere

• 18-09-2019 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭

Ayr 4.30 Militia 14/1 1pt e/w 5 places 1/5 odds

Militia's last visit to Ayr resulted in a well beaten 9 of 11 btn21L in a class 4 handicap on soft ground. However on previous visit to the course she won a class 4 6f handicap when making all.

Has not shown any worthwhile form of late but drops back to 5f tomorrow. Sired by the speedy Equino it should really suit. Militia has had a wind operation and been gelded also has the stable jockey on board. Tomorrows race is a class 5 so drop in grade too.

Nagging doubt about the draw in 8 as high numbers may do best however Militia is a speedy type so HE could get out quick to grab that rail.

Fahy also runs ORANGE BLOSSOM in this and he says if it runs to her home work he will be very hard to beat but Militia looks the one.

Fahy's view on Militia,
    He’s dropped way down in the weights but needs to find some form quickly. I thought there was a glimmer of promise two runs ago at Pontefract and this would be a drop in grade for him.

Good luck.

;)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭NeonWolf

del roy wrote: »
    Ayr 4.30 Militia 14/1 1pt e/w 5 places 1/5 odds

Militia's last visit to Ayr resulted in a well beaten 9 of 11 btn21L in a class 4 handicap on soft ground. However on previous visit to the course she won a class 4 6f handicap when making all.

Has not shown any worthwhile form of late but drops back to 5f tomorrow. Sired by the speedy Equino it should really suit. Militia has had a wind operation and been gelded also has the stable jockey on board. Tomorrows race is a class 5 so drop in grade too.

Nagging doubt about the draw in 8 as high numbers may do best however Militia is a speedy type so HE could get out quick to grab that rail.

Fahy also runs ORANGE BLOSSOM in this and he says if it runs to her home work he will be very hard to beat but Militia looks the one.

Fahy's view on Militia,
    He’s dropped way down in the weights but needs to find some form quickly. I thought there was a glimmer of promise two runs ago at Pontefract and this would be a drop in grade for him.

Good luck.

;)

get in you slut

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭del roy

Thank you Mr wolf.

two rule 4s for me 15c and 5c so 20c in the euro. The profit on the bet was 13.5pts. I am having another go, it runs in the

7.45 Queen of Kalahari 1pt e/w 12/1 3 places 1/4 odds

Queen of Kalahari ran here 23 days ago when finishing 5th, the jockey (same one tonight) didn't look too busy to me. I think the outside maybe a better place for this horse tonight plus the drop back to 6f should suit.

Good luck

Friday 5.30 Vivacious spirit 1pt e/w 16/1 3 places 1/4 odds

Viv came over from G.Elliots yard and after a quick glace at his form you could easily cross him from this race however he may have a stronger chance than the market suggests 16/1.
    Clearly one of the good races he ran was up at Dundalk, he has had a wind operation and maybe they kept him for this Ayr meeting.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭bookman2

The kid is back!

bookman2 wrote: »
    The kid is back!

"nicked" from elsewhere

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭bookman2

2/2 that’s a good start for him!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭NeonWolf

serious punting.cheers

It’s probably beginners luck but we will press on

4.30 Militia 1pt e/w 14/1 1/5 odds 1st 7/1 r4 20c. 1st sp 7/1
    7.45 Queen of kalahari 1pt e/w 12/1 3 places 1/4 odds 1st sp 11/2

Bank +28pts

Next bet 5.30 Vivacious spirit 16/1 1pt e/w

Viv came over from G.Elliots yard and after a quick glace at his form you could easily cross him from this race however he may have a stronger chance than the market suggests 16/1.
    Clearly one of the good races he ran was up at Dundalk, he has had a wind operation and maybe they kept him for this Ayr meeting.
    Currently no money for Viv, out to 18/1 with most firms.

8.35 Magi gal 2pts win 5/1
    Magi is (in my view) bred for this surface although the filly has already raced at the track twice it was at a stage in her career where her connections would have been working out her trip and keeping her ability hidden.
    She was beaten only 6L when 8th of 9 however her saddle slipped and the 1m trip may have been on the short side.
    The filly only got going in the last furlong when she won at Navan and as we all know they do head for home very early in this long straight at Dundalk. I do take on board that she is worst off at the weights with LADY ROSEBUD however now the filly has actually won a race her confidence may squeeze a few LB improvement.

Bank +28pts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭BigStickMick

Where are these selections being "nicked" from out of interest?

• Advertisement

Mind your own business mick.

Mind your own business mick.
    Sheesh, tough crowd.

Seemed a reasonable question given you've started a thread on the subject with no explanation and now seem to be running it as a tipping column out of the blue.

No harm to have a bit of transparency about where they are coming from and to give credit to the original tipper. Are these tips you are nicking from tipping columns or what?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Sheesh, tough crowd.

Seemed a reasonable question given you've started a thread on the subject with no explanation and now seem to be running it as a tipping column out of the blue.

No harm to have a bit of transparency about where they are coming from and to give credit to the original tipper. Are these tips you are nicking from tipping columns or what?

As long as they are winning I don't care if he gets them pointing a revolver at his next door neighbour...

Keep em coming baby agus nice one thank you.

Sure, some serious arrows yesterday. Was just genuinely interested about where they are coming from given the thread title. But apparently I'm not allowed to ask..

Mick
    I probably should not have told you to mind your business, Sorry about that but your “out of interest” remark got to me.

Look mick I am sure the few people who are backing these won’t give a flying f@ck where they are coming from once they run well.

If you read the last thread I ran I clearly stated that Jerry paid for several sites.

Now can I just say I am NOT answering any questions about where the info comes from.
    It’s not a tipping column it’s a thread to tell people I get some info from sites, I am prepared to put it up here If yes if others want to back them after they have read what I have posted on here.

Really, if people want to come on here to catch me out or cause grief well they need to get a life.

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

The return of yet another clown. Exactly what was needed tbf.

Mick
    I probably should not have told you to mind your business, Sorry about that but your “out of interest” remark got to me.

Look mick I am sure the few people who are backing these won’t give a flying f@ck where they are coming from once they run well.

If you read the last thread I ran I clearly stated that Jerry paid for several sites.

Now can I just say I am NOT answering any questions about where the info comes from.
    It’s not a tipping column it’s a thread to tell people I get some info from sites, I am prepared to put it up here If yes if others want to back them after they have read what I have posted on here.

Really, if people want to come on here to catch me out or cause grief well they need to get a life.

Good luck
    OK, whatever, I have no idea what you are on about and certainly no intention to catch you or cause you grief (whatever that means).

Just if you start a thread saying "tips nicked from elsewhere" on a public forum it seems a bit rich for you to get upset and all high and mighty if someone asks the simple question about where the tips are being "nicked" from. Maybe don't mention the fact the tips are nicked if you don't want to talk about it. Strange stuff.

Sure, some serious arrows yesterday. Was just genuinely interested about where they are coming from given the thread title. But apparently I'm not allowed to ask..

Mick I will take the above as tongue in cheek, I mean would you TELL ME if you were getting the info. I don’t think so.

So let’s move ahead and get this thread a few winners.

Good luck.

Mick I will take the above as tongue in cheek, I mean would you TELL ME if you were getting the info. I don’t think so.

So let’s move ahead and get this thread a few winners.

Good luck.
    I am not the one who has started a thread with tips I have "nicked" from somewhere else though! The thing about information and horse racing is that it is generally a lot more meaningful if you know how credible it is or where it is coming from, otherwise we are just taking some guys word for things. Anyway, this is all very weird and I wish you good luck with it.

Well why don’t you stay off the thread, you have now looked, decided it was started by an idiot so we can all expect you to head off and not bother us idiots again.

• Advertisement

I am not the one who has started a thread with tips I have "nicked" from somewhere else though! The thing about information and horse racing is that it is generally a lot more meaningful if you know how credible it is or where it is coming from, otherwise we are just taking some guys word for things. Anyway, this is all very weird and I wish you good luck with it.

Mick
    Two bets only
    14/1 into 7/1 1st
    12/1 into 11/2 1st

You decide if they are “credible”.

Look mick as I said if I am bothering people here they DO NOT have to open the thread.

It’s that simple really.

Mick
    Two bets only
    14/1 into 7/1 1st
    12/1 into 11/2 1st

You decide if they are “credible”.

Look mick as I said if I am bothering people here they DO NOT have to open the thread.

It’s that simple really.
    Yes, well done, 2 from 2 at those prices is good going but if you think that a sample size of two is enough to make a judgement on anything then you're mistaken. Now if we knew where this tip came from it would help. It's not bothering me, I just asked a question and got a load of attitude about it but good luck.

Ok we will leave it at that.

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭irish_major

Well done Del, keep them coming....

Absolute state of this forum these days. Surely whoever Goat/Mick and however many other aliases he has can be banned from having more than one from detecting his IP for a start? There isn't one thread that doesn't get derailed anymore.

Well done Del, keep them coming....

Absolute state of this forum these days. Surely whoever Goat/Mick and however many other aliases he has can be banned from having more than one from detecting his IP for a start? There isn't one thread that doesn't get derailed anymore.
    I am 100% not goat and all I did was ask a question a very simple question, so check as many IPs as you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Friday 5.30 Vivacious spirit 1pt e/w 16/1 3 places 1/4 odds

Viv spirit on PP gone from 14/1 to 18/1 now sitting at 20/1 in just the last few minutes. A nice EW at 1/4 of the odds.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Glad to see you have returned!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭spurshero

Yes, well done, 2 from 2 at those prices is good going but if you think that a sample size of two is enough to make a judgement on anything then you're mistaken. Now if we knew where this tip came from it would help. It's not bothering me, I just asked a question and got a load of attitude about it but good luck.

If it’s not bothering ya you have enough to say about it.your the one with the attitude on this thread . A guy is putting up a few horses and his reasons for backing them . It’s up to each individual if they want to just follow for an interest or have a little flutter . There’s nobody being dragged to the bookies with there hard earned

spurshero wrote: »
    If it’s not bothering ya you have enough to say about it.your the one with the attitude on this thread . A guy is putting up a few horses and his reasons for backing them . It’s up to each individual if they want to just follow for an interest or have a little flutter . There’s nobody being dragged to the bookies with there hard earned
    Jesus, why is it such a big issue.
    I saw a thread with the title "selections "nicked" from elsewhere" and I asked where they came from, I thought it would be information that could be shared but I now know I was wrong and it is information that cannot and will not be shared. The end. Good luck.

• Advertisement

1.15 Albert Edward 1pt ew. 14/1

Albert Edward has been to a barrier trial and trainer thinks he horse is worth an ew today

Advertisement