Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limited Run Retro re-releases

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭BGOllie

you said it : Neither are original

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,698 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The LRG release at least some money is going back to IREM.... or whoever owns IREM's IPs as I think they are dead and gone at this stage. So you can be happy you are funding their next venture into Pachinko machines.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I don't feel so bad about having it on an AliExpress repro!
    At least it's Famicom cart shaped!

Great game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,283 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I don't think I've ever played that actually. Will have a look on the oul Famicom Everdrive this evening when I get home.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,698 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

o1s1n wrote: »
    I don't think I've ever played that actually. Will have a look on the oul Famicom Everdrive this evening when I get home.

It's a real gem of a game. The parallax scrolling was mind blowing at the time, they faked it with animated background tiles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Inviere

sugarman wrote: »
    Zero difference IMO

Agreed, barring the nice fancy packing etc, it's fundamentally the same as a DIY repro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭accensi0n

First thing I thought was, 'surely you can get an original cart on ebay for less than 40'.

Nope!

I got it for 40. Then retronauts covered it....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

I'd hate to be one of those people going for complete collections of consoles in 2019. Loads of stuff sells out before it's even released.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,283 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I kind of want to buy this now...however I preordered the Celeste physical edition for the Switch back in February from these dudes as well as Ultracorps a couple of months ago and am still waiting for both...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭phily2002

They are releasing the first 3 monkey island games at some stage, even though it's a rip off I'll still pick them up!

Advertisement