Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jumpers are Coming 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,315 ✭✭✭naughto

Ard Abhainn Is 5/6 and fox is 3/1 first race in clonmel

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

naughto wrote: »
    Ard Abhainn Is 5/6 and fox is 3/1 first race in clonmel

Mags horse is decent as well, the Kennedy horse that finished in front of her on her debut came third in the aforementioned Gowran bumper. Good little maiden hurdle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Any word on Presenting Percy? Topofthegame was my Gold Cup horse but with him sidelined I’m going back to my fancy from last year. He did pick up a small injury in the race but was 3/1 last year and is 20/1 now not that I’d recommend backing him until he’s declared somewhere , then I’d be tempted

December 8th for the John Durkan is the date Reynolds gave last month. Which means he'll turn up in some mickey mouse hurdle around January.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

He will have one run probably in the galmoy hurdle lol and we will be guessing next March at Cheltenham what form he’s in

• Advertisement

You’re all very cynical.. and rightly so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

The Pat Kelly myth was exposed lat year
    Mall Dini still hasn't won over a fence
    Percy was entered and pulled more times last year than a priest with a nun

Mess of a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭show me the money.1

lemush wrote: »
    Mags horse is decent as well, the Kennedy horse that finished in front of her on her debut came third in the aforementioned Gowran bumper. Good little maiden hurdle.

Looked at this race last night and thought City Ballerina had a good chance was not too far off soviet pimpernel over hurdles the same day the others ran in the bumper in gowran.

BumperD wrote: »
    Gowran Park Oct 4 Listed Mares Bumper Result

1st

Bigbadandbeautiful (IRE) 11/2
    Mr J J Codd
    Gordon Elliott

Held up towards rear, 17th at halfway, headway going well to chase leaders on outer over 3f out, driven in 2nd under 2f out and improved to lead near side entering final furlong where ridden, stayed on strongly to assert inside final furlong, comfortably

2nd
    Getaway Gorgeous (IRE) 3/1F
    Mr P W Mullins
    W P Mullins
    Held up behind leaders, disputed 5th at halfway, headway to lead going well far side 2f out, soon ridden and strongly pressed, headed under pressure far side entering final furlong and soon no impression on winner, kept on well

3rd
    Majestic Maid (IRE) 20/1
    Mr M J M O'Sullivan
    Michael G Kennedy

Mid-division, pushed along 3f out and headway between horses 2f out, soon ridden into 3rd and no impression on leaders inside final furlong, kept on same pace to just hold 3rd

4th
    Ard Abhainn (IRE) 6/1
    Ms L O'Neill
    Gordon Elliott

Held up in touch, pushed along in mid-division into straight, soon ridden and headway near side over 1f out, ran on under pressure into 4th well inside final furlong, just failed for 3rd, nearest finish
    5th

Jelona (IRE) 33/1
    Mr S Cavanagh
    Mrs John Harrington

Held up towards rear, 16th before halfway, pushed along into straight where took closer order, switched in mid-division over 2f out and ridden, ran on under pressure into 4th far side briefly inside final furlong until dropped to 5th near finish

6 th

Fort Worth Texas (IRE) 10/1
    Mr B O'Neill
    Colin Bowe

2nd and 3rd out tomorrow in Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

BumperD wrote: »
    2nd and 3rd out tomorrow in Cork

2nd and 3rd again.

• Advertisement

2nd and 3rd again.

We need to find a few more races ( novice hurdles and chases) to follow :pac:

I liked the performance of battleoverdoyen last month must be RSA bound

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭antietam

Slattsy wrote: »
    I heard Mullins say Melon will be his Arkle horse so i've backed AP at 20s.

Santini for the Gold Cup too. Nailed my colours to the mast with this lad and I'm certain he's a GC horse.
    You might eventually win the league this year but Melon to win an Arkle is akin to saying Ole is a half decent manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭antietam

aidankkk wrote: »
    Feck i was thinking the 25/1 antepost for the CH was the same as finding money in the road, he is a certainty to place at least. (Thank feck i didnt back it yet):eek:
    Cannot have Melon of a betting menu.

2nd in the worst supreme I've seen and in 2018 prob the worst champion hurdle you'd see. Last year's wasn't much better. Twud have to be some dire Arkle but there's been a few of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Loads of rain falling in the east today and the forecast is for more in the next week, all of Mullins top horses will be out in the next couple of weeks hopefully. Morgiana should be a belter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭maximo31

Heard that Malone Road might be out for the season. Not sure how reliable the source is though. Envoi Allen surely shorten up for the Supreme if true. Took a little of the 14's that's available.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Where's the 14s?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Excellent. Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Banner2theend

Willie Mullins has entered several of his top string of horses, in both Naas on Saturday and Navan on Sunday, as the NH season in Ireland well and truly takes shape.

From novice hurdlers like Blue Sari, Colreevy, Blackbow. To novice chasers like Melon, Bapaume. Of course there is the potential return to action of Douvan in Sunday's Fortria Chase in Navan and 2019 Arkle winner Duc Des Genievres, Min etc, there's so much to get really excited this weekend, if any of these horses do make their season re-appearances, this coming weekend.

Apples Jade, City Island, Fakir D'oudaries, Andy Dufresne, Dlauro, A Plus Tard are also some of the potential stars that could also reappear this weekend. Thank God the jumps are back. Bring it on!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭supremenovice

Any word for Sizing John? Id love to see him thrown in the 3 mile chase division.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Douvan and Vroum Vroum Mag this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Douvan and Vroum Vroum Mag this weekend

jaysus thought she went the maternity leave route.

Vroum Vroum is long retired!

What are thoughts on Gypsy Island this year lads
    Whats the aim?
    Supreme? Ballymore? Mares? Mares Novice?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Altior still in the betfair At Haydock According to the racing post

What are thoughts on Gypsy Island this year lads
    Whats the aim?
    Supreme? Ballymore? Mares? Mares Novice?

Mares novice, a race that shouldn't exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Weights are out for the Betvictor Gold Cup, Greatwood and Hennessy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Does anyone know if Master Dino, the French beast, is dust or due to be back in action this season?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Looks like Davy Russell is after getting the heave-ho from Michael and Eddie again

Advertisement