Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

232 days

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

169 Days
    0 hours
    14 minutes
    31 seconds
    to The beginning of the best week in sport

What pub do you watch it in Roger?

I want to go there in March and and watch you bounce around like a duracell bunny on speed as the roar goes up for the Supreme :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Earendil wrote: »
    What pub do you watch it in Roger?

I want to go there in March and and watch you bounce around like a duracell bunny on speed as the roar goes up for the Supreme :D

Halfway House in Walkinstown buddy :)
    I have on occasion been known to venture further afield, and even went as far as Crumlin village on one occasion!

I was flat as a pancake for the supreme last year as i had loaded on Elixier da Nutz for 2 months before hand.....
    On the day I backed Fekir and that went out like a light early
    Didn't help that i had been all over Le Richbourg too for the Arkle ffs !!

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

Halfway House in Walkinstown buddy :)
    I have on occasion been known to venture further afield, and even went as far as Crumlin village on one occasion!

I was flat as a pancake for the supreme last year as i had loaded on Elixier da Nutz for 2 months before hand.....
    On the day I backed Fekir and that went out like a light early
    Didn't help that i had been all over Le Richbourg too for the Arkle ffs !!

AL Dancer for me. Up to the eyeballs. Also had €20 ew on Apples Jade for the CH @ 25/1 that I was a bit smug about.

Didn't help that I was at the festival for the first time, it pissed rain and there was at least one false start for the supreme if memory serves...which kind of ruined the roar I'd been dreaming about for years!!

155 Days
    2 Hours
    49 Minutes
    57 Seconds to Ed Chamberlain welcoming us to "the best week of the year" with a cheesy grin while Francesca Cumani stands next to him pretending to have some clue what the difference between a hurdle and a fence is

• Registered Users Posts: 17,962 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Second year in a row I won't be going :( will have to perch up on a barstool again this year :D

• Advertisement

When I started this it was nearly 240 days....
    we are the right side of 155 now......
    Time flies lads!

121 days, 3 hours, 40 minutes, 17 second............

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

Nearly time to book the accommodation

Soon as Jan 2nd comes , straight into the boss.....look her in the eyes, show no sign of weakness and request, nay DEMAND that week off......
    Get it in writing and straight to Heatons for a piggybank!

We've a deadline in work.... my supervisor told me she included Christmas leave.... I nodded "What about March?" :D She knew!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

Soon as Jan 2nd comes , straight into the boss.....look her in the eyes, show no sign of weakness and request, nay DEMAND that week off......
    Get it in writing and straight to Heatons for a piggybank!

Don't you mean a wheelbarrow??

Anyone any interest in the Upping the Ante podcast? Always think they're a good listen if a bit cringe!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Anyone any interest in the Upping the Ante podcast? Always think they're a good listen if a bit cringe!

I saw an link for it on you tube. Antepost Cheltenham bets at this point are crazy. The only people who should be backing horses Ante Post for Cheltenham are direct connections to the horse who know for sure where it is running and what the plan is. You are just feeding the bookies dead money otherwise. The amount of shight talk that is going to happen in the next the 4 months, the last thing you need is to be listening to some overpaid chunt of an ex-radio DJ waffle on about a potential overpriced fancy for the Arkle. That is a phuckfest wrapped up in a total wafflefest = the biggest clusterphuckfest ever created. Most trainers don't even know themselves at this stage. You are basically feeding the bookies with free money. Don't do it.

Maybe, just maybe, you might get lucky having a wild stab at a handicapper on Betfair for one of the handicaps at 936.3/1. I am delighted for ya if that gets through. But without having direct knowledge of where the horse is being targeted you may as well give the money away. There is simply no value in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

I do listen to them but think anyone backing AP without nrnb is wasting money the prices don’t contract that much best wait for nrnb. I used to have stabs in dark ap years ago mostly on flat for following year classics, any that ran the prices were no lower, most never made it ie not profitable.

They pulled a few winners last year and a few near misses. The lad on the left ( quieter dude) forget his name does a bit too much after timing at times last year, this year at least he conceded a few holes in the wallet from 2019 :)

Personally never back AP without NRNB, I just like the listens, get some ideas and also their fancies for the weekend coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

If a fair price i only mainly back the any race market eachway with Hills, tend to only be 14/1 plus at this stage for a few stabs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Rog, is this going to be the " General Cheltenham rumours, waffles and bullshightfest" that occurs every year, or is there going to be another one opened for that sooner or later?

Just in case there isn't one, I am saying now that I really fancy Ex Patriot for one of the big handicaps. If anyone has Ellmarie Holden's mobile would you send it on to me in a PM? I would just like to see where she is thinking about entering him at the moment, or if she is waiting for Fairyhouse or Punchestown.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Loads of value to be had ap.

Sire Du Berlais. The Storyteller. Rathvinden. Don Cossack. Jezki. Presenting Percy (Pertemps) just some of mine I can think of off the top of my head while I'm on the bus.

Dallas Des Pictons was another of mine from last year. Went off 7/2 when backed at double figures, finished second.

Some risks involved but never think there's no value. Foolish.

Penhill no doubt being plotted again for Cheltenham... hopefully he makes it this year.

If Paisley Park gets there again in the same form as last year he'll be hard to beat.

• Advertisement

Could be worth starting an proper thread before the Christmas festivals, its usually around then that you get a clearer picture where Gordon is aiming some of his. People may not know going by the thread title, and there's no Mod to change it. Still...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Slattsy wrote: »
    If Paisley Park gets there again in the same form as last year he'll be hard to beat.

I was screaming about Paisley Park this time last year when most were doubting him, i think hes nailed on again

the only possible worry i would have is if Benie rocked up, that would be a serious race

TBH lads, I only set this up as a way of rising the Flat lads in the middle of the summer :)
    If anyone wants to set up an "official" cheltenham thread go ahead......this was only ever meant to be a bit of craic :)
    The countdown is interesting in its own way as its getting closer and closer by the day.........naturally enough!!! :)

Tizzard is sending Thistlelcrack out against Paisley in the coming weeks, Tom Scu said it on RUK last Friday night.
    If Thistlecrack was to come into form and is aimed at the stayers it could be interesting

Tizzard is sending Thistlelcrack out against Paisley in the coming weeks, Tom Scu said it on RUK last Friday night.
    If Thistlecrack was to come into form and is aimed at the stayers it could be interesting

it pains me to say it but i think hes finished. after the injury when many clouds bet him, he was never the same

Thought Tizzard said he'd then send him to the King George?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Presenting Percy (Pertemps)

The heaviest winner of the race in history as a 6 year old who has since won the RSA and gone off favourite for the Gold Cup is going to return to it as a 9 year old. They'd need to put about 14 stone on him this time unless they engage in some absolute shenanigans between now and March :pac:

2ndcoming wrote: »
    The heaviest winner of the race in history as a 6 year old who has since won the RSA and gone off favourite for the Gold Cup is going to return to it as a 9 year old. They'd need to put about 14 stone on him this time unless they engage in some absolute shenanigans between now and March :pac:

i think you misread the post there

akelly02 wrote: »
    it pains me to say it but i think hes finished. after the injury when many clouds bet him, he was never the same

Neither was Many Clouds!!

• Advertisement

Neither was Many Clouds!!

ouch roger, just ouch

Advertisement