Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rigid truck driving test

• 03-07-2019 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi all,

Just done my 2nd lesson today on the Rigid. I have booked 8 of them (expensive) and my test is on August 6th. I have never driven one before so found the first lesson a bit daunting, instructor got me driving straightaway. Just wondering should the 8 lessons be good enough to pass or will I need more?

Also with the Cpc (walkaround), I asked instructor about this today and he said he didn't do that which I found a bit strange because I thought the should cover that at some stage?? All he said was that he would email me some info for it??

Can anyone who has done the test fairly recently tell me what exactly is involved in both the driving part and the cpc. Because its so expensive, I want to try and pass it on my first time if I can.

All help and advice appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

Stevie147 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just done my 2nd lesson today on the Rigid. I have booked 8 of them (expensive) and my test is on August 6th. I have never driven one before so found the first lesson a bit daunting, instructor got me driving straightaway. Just wondering should the 8 lessons be good enough to pass or will I need more?

Also with the Cpc (walkaround), I asked instructor about this today and he said he didn't do that which I found a bit strange because I thought the should cover that at some stage?? All he said was that he would email me some info for it??

Can anyone who has done the test fairly recently tell me what exactly is involved in both the driving part and the cpc. Because its so expensive, I want to try and pass it on my first time if I can.

All help and advice appreciated

I replied to you on the other thread

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Stevie147

Hi can anyone tell me what exactly is involved in the Rigid Truck test, have my test next month and want to try be prepared as possible for it. Also any help on what is asked in the Cpc part of the test would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Please stop making threads for this.
    You already have thread here
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=110600610
    That will have to suffice.

Hi I'm looking for info from anyone and everyone who has done the CPC practical for the Rigid Truck and also exactly what it contains. My instructor has sent me a list of questions which have multiply answers but that will be asked but I'm not sure what way it works? Do I also do a walkaround etc

Anyone thats already done it I have would very much appreciate your input.

• Advertisement

Hi

Does anyone have the questions you get ask for the 2019 Case Studies? Any help would be greatly appreciated

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement