Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Guess the Village/Town/City Thread 3 (read post 1)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Be right back

Wild guess, Trim?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Wild guess, Trim?

Not far off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Three More Big Sleeps

Gotta be somewhere in the triangle formed by the R158 and R160 - Dogstown parish - just south of Trim.

Damned if I can find it though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Oops!

Looks like an home heating oil, lubricants sellers yard.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭niley

Oops! wrote: »
    Looks like an home heating oil, lubricants sellers yard.

Or tiles, mixed with the odd bit of furniture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Triboro

Was going to say Trim also with the Braveheart reference!
    So Navan?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

it's listed as Trim. As I said deceptive looking for a place that does beds blinds etc. Hazelwood Interiors

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

spookwoman wrote: »
    it's listed as Trim. As I said deceptive looking for a place that does beds blinds etc. Hazelwood Interiors

Hazelwood Interiors isn't a village/town/city though :D:D:D Do you own the shop? :rolleyes::D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

Kilboor wrote: »
    Hazelwood Interiors isn't a village/town/city though :D:D:D Do you own the shop? :rolleyes::D

Knightsbrook Co Meath

Should we be congratulating spookwoman for guessing their own location correctly? I'm confused! Where am I? What's that thing there? Are those my feet!?

• Advertisement

Keep it together, people.
    niley wrote: »
    ... Are those my feet!?

Genuine LOL! You'd do well over in AH, Niley. One day - and I'm sure it'll be soon - there'll be an AH OP entitled, "When was the last time you really looked at your own nipples?"

Anyway, by my questionable estimation, kilboor, you're up :)

Bump. Standby.

Chrome on Android. If my last post is the first post of a new page, I need to log out to see it. I should probably report this.

Lassy (next post), it's more irritating when it's the other way round. If I'm the last post on a page, I cannot see a lone post on the new page unless I log out first :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

Bump. Standby.

Chrome on Android. If my last post is the first post of a new page, I need to log out to see it. I should probably report this.

I didn't know logging out fixed it. Happens the whole time to me too

With reference to section (A), subsection 6.0 of the sacred First Post, I now invoke Section (A) subsections 1.0, 2.0 and 9.0, without prejudice.

515476.jpg

*taps mic* is this thing still on ?

Second image, from the top of the hill:

515654.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,990 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I'd say it's time for the county, young chap.

To thine own self be true

I'd say it's time for the county, young chap.

*cough*Carlow*cough*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

Drumfea?

Drumfea?

Correct, Well done!

You're up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

I used to enjoy popping into this thread and hoping I might know the current picture from memory but that aspect seems to be gone now.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement

I used to enjoy popping into this thread and hoping I might know the current picture from memory but that aspect seems to be gone now.

I saw a handy solution for that recently...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-06-10/upgrade-your-memory-with-a-surgically-implanted-chip

But seriously, I know what you mean. It's difficult to find a balance between posting some place that takes some guessing or is recognizable in some fashion, and finding some place that doesn't have so many pictures of it online that it's just a case of the first person to do a reverse image search on the posted location wins.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

I’d never have guessed Drumphea from the 1st picture and I’m less than 30 miles from it . Knew the church , though !

515718.jpg

An easier one to get back on track

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Is it Drumcondrath in the county of Meath?

DBB wrote: »
    Is it Drumcondrath in the county of Meath?

A bit too easy maybe! Correct, Drumconrath co Meath

niley wrote: »
    ... difficult to find a balance...

Well said, Niley. This point applies equally to this thread and the int'l one. However, there’s nothing better than that sweet spot when there're just enough clues to get going with the google machine.

Tbh, I'm genuinely delighted when someone else tracks down something I've spent ages on. And doubly delighted when that guess includes some arcane bit of related trivia.

Sorry for the delay folks :o

515848.jpg

DBB wrote: »
    Sorry for the delay folks

"She came from Providence..."

St. Peter's in Rhode, Co. Offaly.

https://www.buildingsofireland.ie/buildings-search/building/14803006/saint-peters-roman-catholic-church-road-rhode-county-offaly

Open to the floor, folks.

It is, it is! I should have copped you'd get it before I posted it :D

• Advertisement

Open to the floor, folks.

One for the "I actually know where that is!" folks...

515901.jpg

Advertisement