Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sociology essay - help.

• 22-01-2018 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

I have a sociology essay for college and ive never felt so stupid in my life. All the notes provided by the lecturer make no sense to me at all. From what I can tell none of them relate in anyway to the question we have to write about or the course subject and im completely lost. - besides this all the articles/books provided were written pre 1980's, theyre all about American and UK economies and systems and the sociologists we're studying all died like a hundred years ago and I cant relate any of their theories to contemporary society. Im terrified im going to fail this module or get a really bad mark.
    Can anyone provide online links or articles that give sociological information in lay-man terms?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

We need more details regarding your essay assignment before we can suggest something helpful. What topic? Provide details from notes.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

I have a sociology essay for college and ive never felt so stupid in my life. All the notes provided by the lecturer make no sense to me at all. From what I can tell none of them relate in anyway to the question we have to write about or the course subject and im completely lost. - besides this all the articles/books provided were written pre 1980's, theyre all about American and UK economies and systems and the sociologists we're studying all died like a hundred years ago and I cant relate any of their theories to contemporary society. Im terrified im going to fail this module or get a really bad mark.
    Can anyone provide online links or articles that give sociological information in lay-man terms?
    Thanks.

As Black Swan said above, we would need more information. Sociology has many strands, and without knowing what exact area the essay is in, it is hard to offer any advice.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

I have a sociology essay for college and ive never felt so stupid in my life.
    You are welcome to seek guidance for your essay here, but once again, we need more details.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,986 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Details? Or close?

Advertisement