Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

TNA Wrestling Megathread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,278 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Nice tribute from Dreamer to Animal.

Did Kylie Rae no show like she did with AEW?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

What does everyone think of Impact overall?

I am on the side of its alright. Not 'must see wrestling TV' - then again, what is these days? WWE isn't and hasn't been in years imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,125 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Did Kylie Rae no show like she did with AEW?

Conflicting reports but essentially there's the same mystery surrounding it.
    What does everyone think of Impact overall?

I am on the side of its alright. Not 'must see wrestling TV' - then again, what is these days? WWE isn't and hasn't been in years imo.

Impact and NWA have been probably my favourite companies this year. I don't expect a lot from my pro wrestling and both shows fit the bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Conflicting reports but essentially there's the same mystery surrounding it.

Impact and NWA have been probably my favourite companies this year. I don't expect a lot from my pro wrestling and both shows fit the bill.

Totally foegot about NWA and power. A really a good show. The one hour time slow works so perfectly.

Might rewatch an episode actually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The whole Kylie thing was strange. Deonna was quick to issue the open challenge without any waiting for Kylie.
    Then Su coming out was probably something that happened sooner than planned. Lucky they had been teasing it before now.

Dunno what things are like backstage now, but it seems like everyone there seems to enjoy themselves if what we see on tv is anything to go by.

Only impact could get away with an attempted murder angle where the bride no sells it while Dreamer is the one that screams in anguish. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

As I’m not watching impact was the attempted murder been hinted at or happened out of no where

Mostly happened out of nowhere. Hints that something was in store but not this. And there was some mystery being built with things like Taya saying he wasn't who we think he is.
    I didn't see it coming but has me interested.
    And that's at least the second time recently they've managed to keep me interested after Wrestle House.
    It's like a lower budget Lucha Undergroound.

While there are parts of Impact I'm not a fan of, I really enjoy a lot of the backstage stuff, whether Heath or the group stuff with Wrestle House running into the wedding and now the Who Shot Bravo mystery.

Part I'm not a fan of is the Good Brothers. They're like a cross between 80s characters and DX/NWO wannabes.

• Advertisement

The Good Brothers are the go between's to get a working relationship with NJPW.

With Don Callis turning up on Full Gear as well it looks like might behind the scenes work going between the two companies as well.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

So is Bravo actually dead now or what?

Reports on this week's episode had him as in critical condition

The Rascalz heading for the WWE by the looks of it.

The Sinister Minister is just so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

It's a shame, I assume they end up on the over crowed NXT and then become the new Lucha house party for Smackdown. Got to see them wrestle in Belfast for OTT, good team, hopefully, I'm wrong and they get a good run.

Surprised at that given Wentz is going out with Kimber Lee. They have the look that WWE would go for anyway.

I can see Impact putting a lot of focus on the Knockouts now what with the tag team women's titles coming back, as the men's roster is looking thin. Ken Shamrock shouldn't be leading a show in 2020.

Well they killed Kimber Lee this week so it's grand.

The Rascalz getting a sendoff this week.
    Expected ones to come from the back but also expected what happened.

I see Drake Maverick's wife is taking part in the women's tag tournament

Johnny Swinger up in wrestlers court could be a segment for the ages.

To be honest, I barely watch for the matches. I just enjoy the backstage stuff like that.

"Is that a magnum?"

• Advertisement

I see AJ Styles is being teased for a return to the Impact Zone :)

Swoggle to play him.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I see AJ Styles is being teased for a return to the Impact Zone :)

Swoggle to play him.

It was worth it just to hear AJs theme again

Also I'm glad to hear Matt Striker on commentary, Matthews is just so awful

So next Tuesday night then.

Seen some suggestion Kenny could be win the championship against Swann but problem there is the fact he'd have to drop it.

The question now is what does Impact need to do with their own talent to keep the viewers they gain next week?
    Personally with the likes of Wrestle House running into the wedding and who shot John E stories as well as the likes of Heath, I think they've had some of the better backstage bits than any of the shows.

The women's tag title tournament is ongoing so that should be a good set piece and foundation of the show. Have the likes of Rosemary, Su Yung and Eric Young prominent, all people who have been doing excellent character work, and they have a chance of retaining some viewers.

Wrestling is variety at the end of the day and Impact has been a great alternative to watch for awhile.

If anyone is going to watch live on Tuesday, Impact stream the show live on there Twitch Channel.

https://www.twitch.tv/impactwrestling

01:00am start time tonight/tomorrow moring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Great promo by the two lads, Don Callis is so good at what he does. We've seen the Cleaner, will we now see Omega as the Collector going after other world championships?

Kenny travelling through different companies taking on their best would be class. A match in Impact against Swann or Bey has huge potential. Interesting stuff about the Golden Sheik too, never knew that. Also really liked the paid advertisement, some nice subtle digs from Tony.

Reading that Impact got a big bump in viewers on Twitch, so good news all round. The Alexander/Sabin match was excellent and a great way to start the show, hopefully they retain some of the new audience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Impact have put the full episode up on YouTube for anyone who is interested

very smart move by Impact will get a lot more eyes on the product.

and if you just want the Kenny segment - they gave us that too!

Advertisement