Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

International cricket thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,764 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

thoroughly entertaining match today. England needed about 9.8 runs an over. The pitch helped and the opposition at times too but a challenging get at 9.8 runs from the get go was managed with 5 balls to spare. Good entertaining and skillful cricket.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Annoyed I missed it. Sounded like a cracker

Fair play to Hafeez for that knock.

Morgan really is the lynchpin for England in T20. He can come in at any stage and swing the game in their favour. Like Dhoni in that regard

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

They had it down to a run a ball with 4 overs to go, fairly comfortable victory. Moeen was woeful, can't think of many worse 3 ball innings I've seen.

After 9 overs they were 2 down and were near enough bang on with the run rate and the win percentage was something like 85% Pakistan 15% England. Why do they bother with that? A game of cricket can swing so much from one way to the other (even T20) within the space of a few balls, it's a completely pointless addition to TV coverage over the past while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,210 ✭✭✭Gillespy

Malan did the business again. When everyone is available, his name won't look as fancy as the others but he will be hard to drop.

Morgan just unbelievable. One six straight down the ground, I don't know how he got it that far.

England have so much batting in white ball cricket. I don't think any team can live with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Gillespy wrote: »
    Morgan just unbelievable. One six straight down the ground, I don't know how he got it that far

The backfoot lofted off drive for 6? I thought we'd seen all the new shots that were going to be invented with T20 cricket, but have never seen anyone do that before.

• Advertisement

Morgan’s sheer ability to time the ball is exquisite. He is a strong guy but he seems to have the ability to select the right shot and time it perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭MFPM

The backfoot lofted off drive for 6? I thought we'd seen all the new shots that were going to be invented with T20 cricket, but have never seen anyone do that before.

Totally agree, it was a fantastic shot.

Gillespy wrote: »
    Malan did the business again. When everyone is available, his name won't look as fancy as the others but he will be hard to drop.

Morgan just unbelievable. One six straight down the ground, I don't know how he got it that far.

England have so much batting in white ball cricket. I don't think any team can live with them.

The upcoming series against the Aussies should be really good, let's hope the weather plays ball.

MFPM wrote: »
    The upcoming series against the Aussies should be really good, let's hope the weather plays ball.

Australia full strength unlike the last series in England, the 5-0 whitewash. Meredith, who Shane Warne seems to like a lot, I read dismissed Smith putting him on his back in a warm up game. I remember him bowling with Archer in the BBL. Looked as good if not better in those games.

I'm guessing England will be strong too minus Stokes. Bringing Root, Buttler, Archer and Wood in. Roy should be fit. Weather is looking more settled

3rd T/20 shaping up to be a good contest, Pakistan just in front, England 43/2 off 5 overs in reply to 190/4..Bairstow out for 3 ball duck and Malan just out for 7. Haider, just 19 made 50 from 28 balls on debut for Pakistan.

• Advertisement

Banton really fûcked over Morgan there

Strumms wrote: »
    Banton really fûcked over Morgan there

I'm following it online, BBC saying Morgan 'definitely' called the run?

MFPM wrote: »
    I'm following it online, BBC saying Morgan 'definitely' called the run?

I’m not sure I didn't pick up on that. The run was there 100%. Both batsmen initially set off then Banton stops a quarter of the way down with Morgan committed. Would have been tight but Im sure he makes it.

Banton gone - 69/4...Pakistan looking good for this.

A few minutes ago the camera panned to Morgan. A face like thunder would be describing it mildly.

Looked like Sarfaraz forgot to stump him, weird he was a couple of feet out of his ground.

Just over 10 an over required for Eng.

How the fûck was that not called a wide, about two feet over the batsman’s head, not like square leg umpire has a lot to do.

Billings gone, England 5 down, Pakistan needed that. It was just turning in favor of England. If the umpire calls that previous delivery a wide, it’s a free hit too. Incompetent umpiring costing the English.

Moeen palying well it seems, he needs this innings..he needs an innings of note.

• Advertisement

Fûck me what a shot from Ali.. haha brilliant,

Gregory gone, 20 from 12 balls needed, definitely doable..

19/12..

Jordan run out..

Moeen gone for 61...that might be the game for Pakistan.

13 from 3 - Pakistan are home..Riaz's last two overs went for just 7 runs and he took 2 wickets, that's some late bowling in T/20.

12 from 2....6..6!

Pakistan win by 5 runs, close in the end...Great win for Pakistan - drawn series, they deserved something out of the tour.

On to Australia for England!

Great match. England looked to be struggling... Some brilliantly skillful and downright entertaining boundary hitting and it’s 20 from two overs needed... a challenge but doable 2 boundaries per over which is very doable ... to be still 5 runs short will be disappointing though... averaging 7.5 in each of the last two overs is poor....

Give credit to Wahab. 19th over won the game, wicket and only three runs.

It was a good game. Pakistan go home with something which I think they deserve. Played a lot of good cricket without a win until this one.

Big thing for England is Moeen Ali back in form. Some confidence for the Australia series and maybe will give some to his bowling too. Really only Jordan looked the part in the pace bowlers if they have aims of winning a world cup. Showed his experience. But we know they have better waiting to play the next games.

• Advertisement

England 24/0 after two overs, brilliant, aggressive start.

Advertisement